MoC 12
817 8 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

12

The Tomb was almost 5 centuries old. It had cracks and some parts of the walls were blurred. Christopher stood and looked at the walls, top to downwards. 

He controlled his thoughts. He thought about what kind of excuse does he need to say… luckily he had the Auburn War.

[ Yuusha and Pablo watch the second of son Mellwood. Christopher said " I need time to understand these texts. Based on the writings, I can guess that it's the Old Words of Chenzhin. For now, protect me from any undead so I can decipher it"]

' Auburn War Version 2... I think I'm starting to like you!'

He said this inside his head while touching the walls. His imaginative fist pointed to the sky.

He turned back and repeated what the novel said.

" I need time to understand this text. Based on the writings, I can guess it's the Old Words of Chenzhin. For now, defend and protect me from any undead"

"I see... How long will it take to decipher it?"

"Hm, around an hour I guess."

"Nice Christopher, you are a great scholar!"

Yuusha gave a thumbs up. They watched their surroundings and wait for any incoming attacks. Undead and apparitions approached them. Yuusha activated his Gift and Pablo covered his sword with an Aura.

They were Rara Avis warriors. They were confident about stalling the undead for an hour. 

Christopher returned to his job, he knew that this is not a game. He touched every letter and read… he was acting by the way. He actually couldn't read it. 

Nevertheless, he already knew what the words are. 

*You will die if you open this Tomb! The great Death Necromancer is residing inside this! If you don't want to get cursed! Turn back and don't ever return!*

'… How can I tell them that!?'

He was using his mind to find an excuse. The letters didn't have the answer to open the Tomb, but he knew where he could find it. 

The problem is how would he explain it. How could he explain that the writings don't have clues yet he can still find the way to open it!? 

'I hope they cannot read Chenzhin. If they have knowledge even a little. They will have an idea that the writings are all about warnings!!'

Christopher made his decisions, they were in a dangerous situation. Undead were attacking them nonstop, so he didn't have time to dilly-dally. Their lives are the most important right now. He'll just find an excuse of they found out.

"Pablo! Insert your sword in here and twist it!"

"Alright!"

Pablo followed his instructions. For now, he needs to believe in this man. He inserted the sword in a horizontal hole. He twisted it and the walls started to vibrate. 

*Crack!*

They heard a moving sound of the mechanism. The door began to open. 

"Let's go!!"

They get inside and immediately close the door, leaving the undead. 

"Hah hah pant pant"

The two warriors were breathing heavily. The undead are weak, but they are too many. Their energies were quickly drained because of it. 

"… Let's go..."

Christopher saw an unused torch and lighted it. They walk underground, they feel that they were digging deeper. The Tomb was 25 meters down the earth. 

The people five hundred years ago dug the ground to bury the remains of the Legendary Necromancer. His remains are creating the miasma that summons undead in the area. The fog was the filtered miasma that's covering the Plain. 

"We are here…"

They stopped and saw a coffin. The grave had a majestic aura, they were afraid to step in. They didn't want to destroy the aura that's filling the atmosphere. 

"This is opposite of what I have thought… I never thought that the Legendary Necromancer has an aura pure as this…"

Pablo said. In these three, he had the strongest sense when it comes to detecting aura. 

Even Christopher was shocked. The new version didn't tell any details about this. It just said that Yuusha would destroy the heart using his Aura Release.

'I am now completely sure… If my hypothesis is right. This world is not the novel that I've created… No this is not a novel. This is reality.'

Christopher realized. What he deduced was spot on. This scenario was completely different from how he wrote it.

*At last… my remaining life will perish. Young man, no, Hero. Please, let this one have a peaceful rest. My soul is tired… *

"T-thats!"

Pablo and Christopher were shocked when they heard a voice inside their minds. However, the person who received the greatest shock was Yuusha.

 Yuusha never told anyone about his title. Yuusha Seigi "the Hero". It's a word that is revered by many people, it's the savior of this world. It's different from Vincent's title that he received from the Emperor. 

The title that Yuusha received comes from the _____.

 He didn't know how to explain it to Pablo. His friend was the first to speak and comfort him.

"… Yuusha, It's okay. I trust you. I will not tell this secret."

Pablo reaffirmed. He already had some thoughts about this.

 Whenever he talks about the topic of Heroes, Yuusha's aura was changing and fluctuating like he's hiding something. He tapped Yuusha's shoulder telling him that he could trust him. 

"M- me too. I still don't know you fully. But I'm not the kind of man who tells secret of others. Besides, you already know my secrets. So it's a give and take!"

Christopher joined their conversation. He didn't want to be left out. 

"… No, I'm not afraid about that. It's just I can't call myself a 'Hero'. I... I can't save everyone…"

Yuusha said. Being a hero is not his calling. Sure, he had saved many people, but he couldn't save all of them. He knew it, he knew it before he even summoned into this world. He was not a Hero.

"Yes… you can't save everyone. It's not only you. All of us, me and Pablo can't save everyone. There's no such a thing as Hero. We are ordinary people who can only do is to protect the people who are important to us. So don't stress yourself about the named Hero. It's a bullsh*t. Besides, I believe you will save many people even if you don't want to be a Hero."

Christopher said to him. These were actually the words that the Emperor of Cransia said before he died. As always Christopher just repeated it.

'It's not plagiarized. After all, I'm the one who wrote it.'

He told this to ease the mind of Yuusha.

26