MoC 16
759 6 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

16

Six hundred years ago. The Inaudible Plain was called Eastern- Southern Pass. It was a route the connected the southern and eastern part of the continent... Merchants took this route to deliver their goods. It was a path they used because there was no mountain or hills that blocked them. The travel time was smooth and fast. 

However, when Death Necromancer died in the Plain. The Plain became the den of undead and apparitions, the merchants' safety has been compromised.  The  Plain blocked the Pass and the merchants decided to find another route. 

Since then, the Plain became known as the Inaudible Plain, it's an unusable route. 

' That thing will change. This Plain will become the main source of our income. Kuhehe, I'm excited about this… bathing in gold, here I come!'

Christopher smiled inside the carriage. Mayor Rob was in his front and he was smiling too. They were thinking about how they would maximize the profit. 

"Young Master, I will ask the Count about this! I'm sure he will be happy if he hears your ideas."

 Mayor Rob said while rubbing his palm like a greedy businessman. 

"Haha, you flatter me, Mayor. If you have time to study the map and the Plain's location. I'm sure you can think about it too. It's simple."

"Yes Young Master, but the truth that you're the first one to say it cannot be erased. Which means your mind is thinking faster than us, hahaha"

"Hahahaha"

The two laughed inside the carriage. The coachman shivered whenever he heard them laugh. They were laughing since they visited the Plain. The coachman thought that perhaps they inhale some gases, but he couldn't say it because he's afraid to lose his job. 

"Hahahahaha"

………………

"Are you sure you don't want to come with me? This is your idea, I'm sure the Count will be glad to hear it coming from you."

"No. I got something to do and I'm not good with those business terms. So I can't help much, I leave everything to you." 

Christopher tapped his shoulder and headed to the Manor. 

"Don't worry. I promise we will become rich. The Plain will become our moneymaker hahaha"

"Hahaha"

Money, an item that makes the person go crazy. As long as you have money, you feel secure. 

Mayor Rob went to the Mansion with Christopher. He was excited to tell the Count about their great discovery. This was a gift that he could proudly present to Count Mellwood.

Christopher left him and decided to return to his room. He locked the door and began to inspect the Auburn War inside his head. He wanted to know if there were changes to the story. 

[ Pablo and Yuusha return to the Capital. They decided to separate, Yuusha went to his favorite restaurant while Pablo visited the Temple of the Goddess of Wisdom. He bowed to the nuns and enter the hall. He saw the golden statues in the center of the aisle. As a Paladin of the Goddess, he confessed everything to the statue. The statue glowed, meaning the Goddess find his stories interesting. He said everything that he experienced, from meeting Acacia to blocking the Dark Side. Last but not the least, he told the Goddess about Yuusha. 

"… I see, so Yuusha is the Hero and the Goddess of Wisdom is fond of him. "

Pablo thought, whenever he said the name of Yuusha, the statue of Goddess always glowed. 

"Well, nothing is going to change. I will just do my job and swear my fealty to the Goddess."

Pablo stood, he left the Temple after showing his respect to the priest and nuns. ]

Christopher sighed and pinch his forehead. Another alteration happened. 

"What do I expect? Something really changed. I only revealed that Pablo is a Paladin in volume 3. However, this version reveals it earlier than what I wrote... "

Christopher opened his eyes and think. Another thought can't escape inside him, it's the most mortifying idea that crossed his mind. 

'I don't want to think about this but… I feel like someone is using or making my destiny. I feel like someone wants me to do something…'

Christopher had a goosebump.  He was afraid whenever he thought that he was in the palm of someone's hand. He felt like a marionette following the commands of his controller. 

He felt sick.

'This is my life. No one will dictate what I will do.'

He clasped his hands, he decided that as long as his family is not affected and the Protagonist would not die, he would not follow this book. However, he still has another job, he must save her...... 

For now, he would use this Version to save his loved ones. But after that, he would stay out of any dangerous situation and live peacefully... But his dreams would never come true, the destiny would never let him. 

"I'm conflicted that I can only read volume 1. As for the others, they are blank..."

He wrote this novel and it reached 17 volumes. Right now, he could only read the first book. 

Christopher didn't say it, but he was actually curious about the Death Necromancer. He portrayed the dead man as the most notorious man in history. He killed millions and used them as his undead warriors. 

He was not sure if what he knew was correct or not. Maybe the Auburn War change this aspect too. That's why he decided to find the answer.

"After the banquet tomorrow I will read anything related about him. I will read that ancient book too. I need to find what happened in the past. "

Christopher changed his clothes to his sleeping attire. He lay down on his bed only to realize that he couldn't sleep. His blood boiled and anxiety was messing with his sleepiness. He was afraid about this world, he was afraid of the unknown. He thought he knew everything about this place, but he was wrong. 

He stood up and saw his training sword hanging on the wall. He decided to touch it even though he knew what would happen. 

He unsheathed the sword and swing it, after three swings. He let go of the sword. The sword fell on the floor the same as his knees. 

"Kuck!" 

He screamed in pain. The Curse was hurting his shoulders and wrists. 

His arms trembled and infliction stabbed his hands. Again, Christopher realized how worthless he is. 

22