MoC 21
737 8 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

21

Woman of Abomination. The Goddess of Demon Beast. She's the deity and the creator of Demon Beast. Just like her name, she's part of the Dark Side. 

Before the Beginning of Creation. The deities of this world were odds with each other. They fought, the Goddess's War reach millions of years to conclude. In the never ending battle, there were three Goddesses that lose. They were the True Apostle, Woman of Abomination and Ira of Wrath. They didn't die, but their powers and divinities and Authorities were drained. 

They need time to regain it. They used their followers and gave them Gifts to create havoc in this world.

Based on the history, the Woman of Abomination lost her right arm after the battle. They said that the arm was still in this world. Though it's just a hearsay and no one believed it. 

However, the old man wad saying that he need more fragments to perfect the dagger. 

"Ha! This beer is great! Where did you get it old man!?"

Christopher was drinking the beer that the old man gave to him. They were now in the City where the old man's house resides. 

The old man asked to follow him to his house because the topic that they need to talk was sensitive. The followers of  Woman of Abomination were treated as Heretics. They didn't want any people to misunderstand them.

If a person was confirmed to be a follower of the Dark Side, many Temples would move to kill the follower. 

While drinking, they talked about the Bones but the topic didn't move forward. They didn't know where to start. 

Jamba, the old man, bought the fragment from a traveling merchant. At first, he thought that the small pieces of bone was fake. However, his employer(Marlon) nagged him to create a weapon for a 'failure warrior'. 

Jamba was a talented blacksmith. He decided to try and make a dagger. He added the small bone to the hilt. He believed that the body of divinities was unable to curse. The Curse of Faux Pas would only work for mortals, the Goddesses were divine creatures. They were immune to curses such as this.

He tested the dagger to the 'failure warrior' that he knew. The man lasted for two minutes before releasing it. His deductions were right, but he needs more fragments to fully create it.

"So you mean, any divinities will work?"

Christopher put his beer on the table. He's still has a clear mind because the beer was not strong for a liquor lover like him. 

"Yes, young man. I believe any divinities will work. I tried the tears of the Goddess of Light and it lasted ten minutes before my friend released the dagger. That's why I need a solid or a permanent divinity. The tears were not enough."

"I see… you're a genius old man! No one knows that there's a way to cure the Curse!"

Christopher flattered him. 

"No, I'm not. It's just no one tries to find a solution. Failure Warriors are rare, the possibilities to crush and destroy your Aura is one in a million. Besides, it's not deadly, so many leaves it as it. "

"Yes… many will just overdrain their energy and gets some muscle aches. They can practice again and manifest their Aura… I guess I'm unlucky. "

He shook his head and sighed. 

"Hey! stop that. We're here to celebrate not to get sad! Haha cheer up, at least we know that there's a way to prevent your Curse from triggering. "

Marlon, who's with them, stopped his friend from becoming emotional again. 

Christopher look at him and grinned. Marlon got a point, it's not the time to be sentimental, it's the time to be happy. 

"Gahaha you're right. Man, thank you. I appreciate what you've done. I now know that I can still hold a weapon. It's symbolizes that I can find hope in this life of mine. Thank you so much"

Christopher tries to lower his head, but Marlon smacked his head to prevent it. 

"No need to be polite. We're friends so of course I'll help you. Gahaha!"

They drink happily. Since they were here and the Old Man accommodate his visitors with right manners. The two decided to stay in the Old Man's house and drink.

 For now, they forget about their problems and let themselves be intoxicated to the beer. 

"By the way, Old Man. I never know the name of this beer…"

"Oh, this, it's called Lime Beer. It's made from any citrus fruits that's growing in the North. I came from the North and I miss this Beer so I always ask every merchant that visit this City if they have Lime Beer. "

"Oh, you're from the North? What Country? I heard it's always snowing there, is that true?"

Christopher eagerly asked. 

"The country of Awa. And Yes it's always snowing there, however, when the season of summer comes, the snow will stop... For a couple of weeks. It's the best time to plant some calamansi fruits, it's the main ingredient to create this Beer. "

"I see, then can I ask for this calamansi fruit, do you some seeds? I want to plant it in our garden. I decided to create this Lime Beer. "

His mouth watered when he tasted the juicy flavor of the beer. 

"No problem, young man. I have plants at the back, you can take some of it. However, I don't recommend you to eat it, calamansi fruits are sour. They were too sour for you to eat. You must mixed it with water first before drinking it."

"Got it, Old Man."

They laughed and drink until they fell asleep. 

…………………

Christopher and Marlon stand up. They just woke up and their hair were disheveled. As for Jamba, he's still snoring. 

Christopher has a hangover, but it's not strong compared when he drunk the Black Bull. 

They left the place having a pinch of headache. 

Tomorrow they would start their journey to the Capital. The Old Man gave them a liter of Lime Beer and a small bag of calamansi. 

They walk in the streets. It's still early and everything was quite. The sun was not risen and there were only small numbers of people in the road. 

It's quiet and peaceful but that would change in just a couple of minutes. 

[Announcement: Auburn War is reexamining its contents… Detecting different phenomenon…]

Christopher paused, he knew that something would happen whenever he heard this notification. 

He read the contexts. After comprehending it, he decided to drink the Lime Beer. He put the remaining Beer into his head and pour it. His hair was now wet and he reek booze. Now, Christopher looked like a drunken bastard. 

He was sluggish, but his eyes were determined to solve the incoming problem. 

23