MoC 24
694 10 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

24

Princess Aria tried to use her ability. She's a Water Mahikero. However, she could only use her powers a little. She didn't train because she finds it annoying. That's why she's an Apprentice Mahikero, the lowest rank. For her age, this was actually a disgrace. She's from the bloodline of the Emperor, but she could only do this much. 

She controlled a small particles of water to cut the rope. She regretted that she didn't practice. If she knew how to use her powers efficiently perhaps she could cut this rope faster. 

She focused so that the water won't fall. She needs high concentration to control her element. 

It took half an hour before she fully cut the rope. She took the tape that's covering her mouth. She stood up. However, she didn't knew how to escape. The cage was locked. She hoped she could cut a metal, but she can't. 

Princess Aria was frustrated and agitated. She's scared and she doesn't know what to do. 

*Tap tap*

A sound of steps came in. Aria looked at her surroundings. She gritted her teeth because she couldn't find anything. There's no weapon and no place to hide in.

"What do we have here? "

The Boss appeared. He looked at the Princess. He's surprised that Aria was untied. Despite it, he just watched because he knew that the Princess can't escape. He called his underlings to open the cage. 

The Princess tried to run, but the merchants easily caught her. She struggled and shout. 

"What are you doing!? Don't touch me!"

She fought back, but her opponents were stronger. They quickly subdue her. 

She bit the merchants who holding her arms and the merchant screamed. His arm was bleeding and bite mark imprinted.

"Aaggh!"

The Boss felt irritated. He stepped in and confront the Princess.

*Pah!*

He slapped her. Aria was completely surprised. This was the first time that someone hurt her. Her cheek was hot and her eyes were blurring. The pain struck her. 

The Boss slapped her again.

*Pah! *

This time, Aria realized that she's powerless yet she looked at the Boss. 

"If my Father know this, all of you will die!!"

The Boss chuckled and didn't say anything. He walked outside. The merchants carried the Princess and followed him. 

…………………

Two days later. 

Princess Aria was in the carriage of the Boss. The ropes had been changed to metal lock. Now, Aria couldn't cut it no matter what she does. 

The Boss gave her foods, but she didn't eat. She's afraid of everything. A merchant tried to harass her, but the Boss saw it and stopped his underling. 

At that time, Princess Aria was frightened. She felt like her chastity would be tarnish by the filthy man. She thanked the Goddesses for protecting her. 

The company was currently traveling to the Patag Region. After this, they could exit the Empire. This was the most thing that Princess felt anxious about. She's scared that her Father couldn't save her. 

If they are outside the Empire, she doesn't know what these people will do to her. Perhaps they would use her as a hostage. The worst possibility was they would sell her to the slave merchants. 

Aria tried to escape many times, but she always failed. The merchants were Rara Avis. They were faster and stronger than an ordinary person. 

Right now, they were in the territory of Marquis Fillan. It's still 4:00 am, the sun was nowhere to be found and the street was quite. 

There were some people who's waking up early to prepare their jobs but they were few. The sky was still dark. 

Aria already lost her hope. She felt like she couldn't return to the Palace. Her heart was anxious and worried about her brother. She asked the Boss but the he didn't answer. The merchants put their distance after the attempted harassment so she couldn't ask them. She prays that her brother is safe. 

*Thud*

She heard the carriage stopping. The Boss looked at her. After a dozen of seconds he decided to get out, but before that. He inspected Aria's rope that's wrapping her mouth. Then, he covered her face using a sack. He tied her hands to the railing so that she couldn't escape. 

Aria was blinded. She struggles, but she couldn't break the rails. However, she heard the Boss talking to someone and she heard curses. 

"F*ck you…"

The sack blocked some of the sound, but she still heard the shouting and swearing of a man. 

She didn't knew why, but her heart was beating faster. She focused her ears to hear any words. She perceived some people talking, but it's unclear. However, she always heard the voice of the man because it's always shouting and swearing.

"HELP! HELP! SOMEONE TRIED TO KILL ME! GUARDS! GUARDS!"

The voice stricken her ears. She wanted to cry. These are the words that she wanted to shout, but she couldn't. Her mouth was tied and she could only muffles. But the man was different, he shouted all the anxieties and desperation that she had. 

Her eyes blurred thinking that the man was shouting her inner feelings. 

She wanted to swear. She wanted to call help. Tears fell coming from her eyes.

'Please, someone help me…'

She's afraid. She wanted to see her family again. She would do everything to see them again. She knew that her other brothers doesn't like her, but she still see them as her family. Right now, Princess Aria wanted someone to save her. She wants to return. 

At last, her wish has been granted. A sound of a bomb echoed. The Boss went inside the carriage and cut the railings. He fetched the Princess. Aria was struggling but the Boss was stronger.

The Boss tried to escape, but he died. Someone stabbed his back. 

The gravity caused them to fall. Princess Aria felt like she would crash to the ground. Fortunately, a man caught her. She smelled the sweet citrus. 

Her heart was beating so fast, she's happy that she's now safe.

Christopher took the sack that covers her face.

"Are you okay, Miss?"

The first thing that Aria saw was the man who's currently holding her. Christopher was grasping her tightly, even Aria believed that her heart was grasped. 

She could see the affection in his eyes. It's like he wants to protect her from any pain. She saw the worriedness and salvation in his eyes.

Aria noticed the man that saved her. She identified that this man was the one who's shouting earlier, she remembered his voice. 

Her heart beats faster. She felt like her chest was exploding. She knew nothing about what emotions is this. She couldn't stop her eyes from looking at the man. Her vision begun to misty.

She cried. Tears covers her beautiful face. When Christopher saw this, his hand unconsciously moved and wipe her tears. Christopher remembered the little girl who always cry, he knew what he needed to do to ease her feelings. 

"Don't cry miss beautiful…"

Aria looked at him. Butterflies were flapping in her stomach. She felt an unknown fluttering sensation. 

She's glad that Christopher was the one who saved her. She held his clothes and put her head into his chest and cried.

(Note: Damsel in distress, what a cliche move author!!!)

26