MoC 27
725 10 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

27

"… It seems like I've slept for around 6 hours."

Christopher yawned and looked at the window. It's currently 3 PM. He remembered that he saved the Princess from being kidnapped.

At that time, Christopher was struck abruptly. He thought that the abduction would happen in a week, but the Auburn War notified him. 

[ Christopher was drunk. He staggered to the cart and crash. He tried to get up, but his body was tired and his world was spinning. A group of carriages saw that someone was blocking the road. The Boss was perplexed. They were using the caravan as a disguise to abduct the Princess. They need to escape the Empire immediately. He got down to see the commotion.………]

Everything after that was history. Christopher saved the Princess and the Boss died. 

"But the novel didn't mention that the Priest will come. Perhaps my shout and scream cause the Priest to visit the disturbance."

This implied that the novel couldn't predict everything. Christopher realized that the future was always changing. Many variables could cause the future to alter. 

"Well, this novel helped me again. I'm thankful for that."

*Grumble*

He stared at his tummy. It's grumbling saying that it needs food. 

He tapped his stomach and stood up. Before going out, he checked his appearance first. As always, his face was haggard after a long night of drinking booze. Anyway, he acknowledged his face was normal.

He went out and quickly visited the kitchen. He didn't know who's the cook since this was not his house. He was lucky that he saw Marlon. The guy was hungry too.

"Christopher, you want to eat?"

"Yes. I'm hungry."

"Then, let's eat lunch together."

The two young men went to the dining table. They saw the Marchioness eating dessert yet her expression was not happy. The woman was agitated because of what happened earlier. 

"Mother, why are you sad?"

Marlon felt the negative emotions flowing inside the dining room. He asked his mother about her problem. Marchioness paused, she hesitated before saying.

"Marlon… You always go to the brothels, right?"

"Y- yes, why are you asking?"

Marlon was petrified, to hear the word brothels in the mouth of his mother was like a sign that something bad would happen.

"That's… Does the women there… They say many gorgeous women are working in the brothels and they have b-better techniques is, is that true!?"

Marchioness stuttered. She couldn't believe that she's asking this. As a wife, she was afraid that someone would take her husband. Maybe Edson was now sick of her sex appeal, she's old, and insecurities assaulted her mentality. 

That's why she decided to ask Marlon, a person who always dwelled in brothels, to tell her if their techniques were really good... She was eager to learn it. 

"Mo- Mother! What happened!? "

Christopher peeked at them. He couldn't touch his utensil because he felt like it's ungraceful to eat while the two were talking about a serious topic. His stomach was urging him to eat, but he endured it.

Marlon smashed the table. The plates clanked, it's fortunate that it didn't fall. 

"Mother, who did this to you? Why are you asking about those prostitutes!?"

He remembered his Mother's expression whenever she learns that Marlon visited a brothel, she couldn't help herself from frowning. She always said that the place was full of gold diggers and inelegant women. She felt disgusted whenever she talks about it. But now, Marlon saw her wearing a curious expression! 

'What's going on with my Mother!? Why is she curious about their techniques!?' 

He yelled internally. 

"Ma- Marlon, lower your voice..."

"Mother, what's the reason? Did Father do something to you?"

Marchioness didn't answer, but Marlon easily deduces who's responsible. He clenched his fist. His knuckles made a crackling sound. He would punish his bastard father. He walked with a determined gaze. 

…………………

After eating, Christopher decided to visit the Princess. He roamed and saw guards patrolling the perimeter. The guards detected that someone was coming. They saw Christopher and they saluted. They were thankful that this man caused a ruckus and save the Princess. 

If he didn't do it, then they would not see their Princess ever again. 

"Is the Princess sleeping? If she is, then I'll just return next time."

"Co- Come in! No, I mean I'm not sleeping so you can come in."

Before the guards could answer his question. He heard the voice of Aria. 

They open the door and Christopher went in. Aria was twitching, she didn't know what expression she was currently having. She gazed at the man who saved her. As always, she saw a handsome man with blonde hair and blue ocean eyes. 

Aria's chest was beating hard and her face was reddish.

"Hm, Princess are you okay? Your face is red."

Christopher stepped up and touched her forehead. Aria opened her mouth, but she didn't say anything. Christopher determined if the Princess was in good condition. 

*Thump thump!!*

Her heart was beating faster. Aria wanted to scream... 

"Y- yes, I'm okay."

She said. 

Christopher concluded that the Princess was in good health and smiled.

"I'm glad. I thought you were suffering from a fever. Ah, I'm sorry I didn't tell you my name. I'm Christopher Mellwood, I'm the son of Count Mellwood."

He bend his knees. He forgot that the person he's facing was the Princess of the Empire. For a moment, he thought that he's talking to his younger sister… she's a little girl that always loves to do everything she wants. 

Christopher turns melancholy whenever he remembers her deceased sister. 

He wrote the Princess as a spoiled brat that always loves to be pampered by her father and brother. This was the exact character of his sister. In fact, the name of his dead sister was Aria. 

Yes, the Princess's name came from his deceased sister. 

That's why whenever he sees the Princess, he couldn't control his mind from thinking about his sister. 

' A mischievous girl who always tantrums whenever she can't get what she wants…' 

He grimaced but he quickly erased the emotion. He was sad thinking about the misfortune that happened.

"Ehem, you may now stand up. We are the only people inside the room. You don't need to do this. Besides, you're the one who saved my life."

"No, I believe Marlon, Priest Cratust and the Knights were the ones who saved you. What I only did is to shout nonsense-"

"Yes, they saved me too but you're the one who moved first. I decided to ask my Father to give you rewards. Tell me, Christopher Mellwood, what do you want."

Princess Aria presented her prideful appearance. She was thrilled to impress the man, after all, she wanted to help her benefactor. Title, land, and territory, Christopher could receive it if he wants. 

"No, I believe this humble one doesn't need anything. I'm happy that you're safe your Highness. That's the only thing I want."

"Eh?"

The Princess was caught off guard. She couldn't believe that someone denied her goodwill. Nevertheless, the most thing that surprised her was the affection that Christopher expressed. She felt that the man was honest. He didn't want anything except her safety.

Aria's chest was aching like something was going out. She wanted to kiss the man right now. 

[Note: Kiss him!!! Go Aria, eat that man, and never let him go! Seduce him with your lips! ]

25