MoC 29
693 9 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

29

"Be careful."

Marchioness gave her newly sewn handkerchief to her husband. Marquis Fillan bent and kissed her. She blushed but she didn't do anything. 

Marlon shrugged. He's already accustomed to this. Whenever his Father would visit the Capital, he always kiss his wife in front of them. 

"Dear, you remember what you promised, right? "

"Y- yes! Of course, I'll never visit that place!"

Marlon sighed, he already knew what place were they talking about. It's Brothels. He couldn't believe that the Priest would cause his Mother to become afraid of prostitutes. 

Anyway, together with the Silver Lion Knights, they exit the gate and departed. 

……………

To reach the Capital, they need to travel for five days. The Empire was large so it's already obvious that the travel would be long. However, the Emperor commanded the Mahikero to use the Gate for his daughter. 

They're in an Inn right now. They need to rest in this city because it's dangerous to travel in the dark. The Princess was with them so they needed to be cautious. The abduction was already ended but they required to be alert. 

The Knights were patrolling the vicinity. 

Inside a room, Marquis and Captain Alphonse were busy talking about something. The Captain put an incense that would block any sound. The topic that they're discussing was sensitive. 

"Did you receive any reply?"

"Yes, it says that we must go to the Capital because the Emperor will prepare a secret meeting. "

When they learned about the alliance of three countries, Captain Alphonse immediately sent the Intel to the Capital. He received the reply today. 

"Hm, there are spies inside the Capital so we need to be secretive. Perhaps there's one inside the cabinet or the Palace."

Spies were people who gathered information from their enemies. The Empire had spies too in other countries but they never got any tips about the possible abduction. It seems that their enemies were moving cautiously.

Fortunately, Christopher and Marlon saved the Princess. 

"This will be hard… "

Spies were everywhere, especially in the Capital. Many kingdoms were vying for the large territory of Cransia. The Empire was strong however they couldn't fight three kingdoms at the same time. The Emperor was old, his venom had already lost when the Princess was born. 

The Captain couldn't believe that the Great Emperor of Cransia was disturbed and disorganized when the Princess was captured. That's the first time that he saw it. 

Perhaps the enemies knew that the Emperor's weakness was his only daughter. The more reason they need to protect the Princess. 

"If a war happen-"

"Captain Alphonse, please stop. We still need to deliver the Princess. That's our priority right now. Leave the possibilities of war, for now, we must focus on the safeness of the Princess.… I know that you detected some movements following us. "

"Yes, Marquis. However, I can't detect any killing intent. Besides, they quickly vanished."

Inside this room, Marquis Fillan was the most veteran in war. He knew what would happen if a large war broke out. They couldn't let the peace that they create to die. 

The sun came and they traveled again. They didn't stop nor rest, instead, they continue their travel. The Princess must reach Gate in Baudan. It's the Gate that Captain used when he goes to retrieve the Princess. 

The Empire had 7 Gates, these Gates needed Mana Crystal to work. However, Mana Crystals were precious because they were rare. 

The Empire only used the Gate when an emergency happened. For the Emperor, the disappearance of the Princess was an emergency, so he didn't think about the consequences and utilized it.  Fortunately, this news was still not spreading. Only the people in Capital knew this. 

If the nation learned that the Princess had been abducted, commotions would surely happen. 

They reached the Baudan in the afternoon. The Mahikeros were waiting. Baudan was a City governed by a Duke but they didn't have the time to greet him. Far away, a woman watched the traveling group of Knights. She was looking intently to Aria.

The Princess together with Captain Alphonse and Marquis Fillan entered the circle that's inscribed by many runes. 

Christopher's eyes enlarged when he saw the runes. As an aristocrat, he has received education about Runes. And as Derik, he knew the secret of these signs. 

Runes were symbols that were infused with mana. The technology about it was lost. 

They are rare weapons that have Runes, those weapons were treated as a national treasure because the weapons had special abilities such as throwing fire or creating ice. Some of these weapons could overthrow a kingdom. 

The Gates were ancient treasures that an archaeologist discovered. At that time, the archaeologist was a noble of Cransia. The Cransia used this lost technology to win the Continental War. 

However, till now, nobody knew what the symbols meant is. They only replicate the symbols and transcribed them to a round platform. 

The Runes began to glow, but Christopher was focused on something. In the middle of the platform, Symbolic signs were wriggling. When these Symbols began to light the whole place, they realized that they're now inside a hall. Within just a second they traveled Baudan to the Palace of Cransia. 

Christopher was dumbfounded. He never thought that the imagination that he made when he was young would happen in front of him and he used it!! 

He stared at the symbols. 

[ Dark, Light, Wisdom, Fate]

Because of his newly gain Skill, he could now read ancient scriptures. He realized that the symbols were the lost symbols of the four Goddesses. 

As for the Dark, he recognized it. It's the Old Name of Ira of Wrath, the Goddess who once held the Authority of Darkness. 

Right now, the Goddess of Death was the holder of Authority of Darkness. She could command the darkness by her will. 

It's one of the settings that Christopher made. Despite knowing it, he was shocked that this Gate was part of their powers. He only described the Gate as a teleportation Runes. 

Based on his knowledge, these technology was part of the first civilisation. 

This means the people of ancient times, Beginning of Life, were using their Symbols to create the Gate.

' Did I just discover a great secret?'

Christopher thought inside his mind. 

23