MoC 34
683 13 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

34

The guards were patrolling the area, even the royal Knights were doing their work strictly. Marlon and Marquis were in the room. Christopher was still sleeping and they didn't know what happened. 

The only thing they heard was that the enemies were close. The guards went to their house and inform them about Christopher's condition. The Marquis was shocked, they were just talking earlier but the guards said that Christopher was wounded. 

They immediately had gone to the manor and they saw Christopher lying on the bed. The Knights had already inspected the surrounding, they checked the body of the dead person and they deduced that he was an Awakeners that could turn invisible.

When they found that the corpse had the ability to be invisible. They thought maybe this man was connected to the death of the maids that died inside the jail. 

Perhaps he was the culprit in the maids' deaths. However, they were oblivious to how the man entered the jail without anyone detecting his presence. 

They found a deep cut inside his chest. Some residues of Dark Energy was lingering on the wound. Right now, Prince Julian was coming here to find out the situation. They couldn't let the person who saved their Princess to die easily.

Marquis couldn't help but squeeze his forehead. They only plan to go to the Capital to attend the conference but he never thought that they would meet problems after problems. He promised the Count that he would protect his son but he failed. Now, Christopher was lying with his feeble appearance. 

"Charles will kill me……"

He said. 

"Father, what do you think happened here...? I regret that we didn't stop him. I should have forced him to stay at our house."

Marlon was disappointed, if he knew that this would happen, he must have stopped his friend.

" I don't know, we're fortunate that he's alive. I'm sure the Emperor is frustrated right now, someone tried to kill the person who saved the Princess. It's like a slap hit him on the face."

The only one who knew what happened was Christopher, he was the person who witnessed the event. Marquis hoped that the man would wake so that he could tell them everything. 

While they were talking, they heard a running sound outside. The door immediately opened and they saw Aria holding her tears. She shivered when she saw Christopher. She came close and she touched his hand. She couldn't control her voice and cry.

"This is..."

Prince Julian came and witnessed his sister crying. He realized that the feeling of Princess Aria from Christopher was not ordinary. However, he dismissed the thought since this was not the important stuff right now.

He looked at Marquis and Marlon. The Marquis sighed, he knew that this problem would not be solved easily. 

………………

In a dark room, a person was kneeling on the altar. He bowed his head and sing a hymn of praise. He cut his wrist and put the blood on the small statue. The blood dripped and showered the figurine. While he was worshipping his Goddess, a voice came behind him.

"…… He failed."

A man appeared with a double scimitar hanging on his back. The kneeling man paused, he looked at the warrior. 

"What happened?"

"I don't know, I only learn that Christopher is wounded. That f*cker, I told him to observe, not to kill him."

The man who had scimitars kicked his tongue. Yet, the bloodied man denied him. 

"No, you know that Anca is not the type of person who disobeys orders. I believe something happened inside the house."

"Yes, that's my intuition too. But I never thought that he will die easily. His Gift is powerful, even the Royal Knights can't detect him when he assassinated the maids."

The unknown man nodded. He pondered thinking about it.

"The only one who can detect him is the people who have a greater ability than him. Perhaps there's a stronger stealth fighter that's observing Christopher and they fought."

"I can only think of Master Dark Mahikero… "

"Yes, there are only three people who master the path of Dark Element."

The Archbishop and the two Bishop of the Temple of Death. They were people who could control darkness like its part of their bodies. Their followers already stop using Death Element. Currently, they were using Dark Element as their primary power. The people were afraid of the undead that's why they stop. 

" Should we ask for assistance from the main Temple?"

"No, our priority is to kill the Emperor and destroy this Empire. We can do what we want after that. The followers of Death are few compared to us."

The scimitar man chuckled when he heard it. They would crush this Empire first, after that, they would become the strongest organization on the Continent. The other Temple would bow to their power. 

………………

The protagonist and his friend were now in the Capital. 

Pablo and Yuusha were informed about the recent events in the Capital. When they heard the stories about Christopher saving the Princess, they only shrugged. They knew that he was odd and they already witnessed his bravery and talent. 

Perhaps his Goddess helped him in saving the Princess. 

They were in the Duke's estate. The Duke commanded his oldest son to manage the territory since he would attend the Conference.

While they were resting, a nun immediately went to their house and asked about Pablo. 

Pablo came out when he heard that there was someone who's asking for him. He saw the nun who was serving the Temple of Wisdom.

The nun spoke and told him that the Goddess had a mission. Pablo became serious and nodded. He returned first to inform his Father and Yuusha.

"You don't need help?"

Yuusha asked.

"I'll think about it. I'll ask you if there's something that I need."

"Okay…"

Pablo went to the Temple. He saw the priest standing and waiting for him. 

They look at each other and nodded. The priest left him inside the aisle. The statue was glowing telling that the Goddess needs to talk to him. 

Pablo bends and kneel. He closed his eyes and he heard the enchanting voice of the Goddess. He listened attentively. After a couple of minutes, he stood up. 

He knew nothing why the Goddess said it, but he would obey. 

"I see, Christopher, huh..."

He left the Temple with a determined gaze. 

.....

....

...

..

.

Christopher suffering before gaining his power : 1/4

20