MoC 38
626 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

38

The Royal Ball.

The nobles were happily drinking inside the large hall. It's the birthday of Augusta. They were flaunting their wealth, their dress was beautiful, especially the females. 

Christopher and Marlon were on the side, they were looking at the people while tasting the sweetness of wines. 

"Hahaha, Christopher try this one!"

Marlon said giving him a wine glass. Christopher nodded and sipped it. He smiled, the taste was extraordinary. 

The women were looking at them, particularly at Christopher. These two people were famous for what they've done. And some of them wanted to talk, but they were afraid that the other females would mock them. 

Yet their eyes were following Christopher, his behavior was crude but it was like a painting to their eyes. The young women blushed whenever they saw Christopher smiling. They were eager to meet and talk to him, they knew that Christopher would inherit the title of the Count. It's one of the reasons why they were looking at him. 

Christopher was a good marriage prospect. 

Another group of people was staring at them, they were the nobles that Christopher knew.

"Look, it seems like Kaslan still hates you... that coward. Should I break his foot again? "

Christopher laughed when he heard his friend. Marlon was the strongest Rara Avis in their batch. He almost killed Kaslan when they sparred... 

"No, don't, Kaslan almost died when you did that. Besides, I can't force it, I knew that he hates me because of what happened to his sister...."

"Christopher, it's not your fault."

Kaslan Caparal was glaring, together with the young men, their hatred and jealousy were on another level. 

The trumpet came in and they heard the crier shouting that the Royal Family had entered the ball. The Emperor and Empress first came in, followed by the three Prince and one Princess. 

Aria gleamed when she saw that Christopher attended the party. 

The nobles knelt, Aquila nodded. He opened his mouth and talked about some simple greetings and speech. After that, he decided to call the higher-ups. They would have a meeting. 

The Empress was left inside the ball together with the Princes and Princess. This was the start of the division.

Christopher witnessed how the people were divided into two. 

The faction was emerging in front of him. He saw that a couple of aristocrats were talking to the Empress and Prince Augusta, as for Prince George, he was mute so he could only talk by gestures. Yet the people were greatly listening, or rather looking, George was still a Prince even if he's mute. 

Kaslan was on the second Prince faction. His father was with the Emperor that's why he's the representative of his family to greet the royal family. 

The other faction was governed by Prince Julian, the man was talking to his loyal retainers. Though sometimes he was glancing at Christopher. 

Julian recalled what happened when he visited him. He found that Christopher was not an ordinary man. 

The first Prince smiled at the nobles and had a conversation with them. 

Marlon and Christopher saw the structure of the factions. They were almost equal, Christopher shook his head. He didn't want to be part of this. He only wanted to save the Empire and his family. 

He thought back to what plan they made. 

Right now, Yuusha was in the hideout of the enemies. He was going to find the dangerous artifacts that are lying there. The enemies would use these artifacts to spread fear. 

Christopher hoped that nothing bad would happen. 

While he was thinking about it, Aria was actually going unto him. Many women were looking at her beautiful dress and brunette hair. 

Aria may be arrogant but she's gorgeous. Marlon chuckled when he saw it, it seemed that Christopher took the Princess's heart. These two people were frequently talking to each other. Marlon was not dumb not to see that Aria had feelings for Christopher. 

The Princess curtsey and many females were aghast. This was the first time that they saw their Princess properly greeting people. 

Aria was actually nervous, she practiced this greeting for many hours. She even asked the etiquette teacher she hates to tutor her. 

Her curtsey was awkward but the affection could be seen in her movement. 

Love could change a person. 

Christopher returned the greeting.

(Note; the original chapter was deleted, this is a rewrite……. I'm sorry if it's short.)

21