Moc 47
565 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

47

Jaraina looked at the lifeless and grotesque bodies but she didn't feel any remorse. She just stared at them nonchalantly. She believed that the Goddess of Light would save their souls. 

As a Bishop, she already witnessed many deaths. She was accustomed and she knew that this movement would cause death. In her mind, these dead people should be happy that they sacrifice their lives for the goal of their Goddess. 

"Fufu, I guess it's two versus one."

She licked her lips with a satisfied expression. Her blood was boiling because of excitement. 

"For the glory of the Goddess of Light. Everything shall die!!!"

"No, you're wrong."

Alphonse slashed her, his sword touched her body but he didn't hurt her. A thin yet strong white light layered her body. This caused the attack to fail. 

The light began to thicken and covered everything part of Jaraina's body. 

"Two versus one is unfair, that's why I need to go full power from the start, hope you don't live after this." 

The wind and light began to move. As a Master of these two elements, Jaraina could command the wind and light. Her light element was different from the Gifts of two assassins. Their powers were simple such as being invisible and blinding people. However, Jaraina can cause the Light to move by her will. She commanded the Light and it started to bright. 

Dozens of Light sword appeared and bombarded the warriors. Alphonse evaded the attacks while Edson parried them. Jaraina cast another attack, a powerful surge of wind clashed and hit them. Alphonse and Edson cut the prickling wind in half. 

Edson signal Alphonse, the Captain nodded and Aura revolved around his feet. As a Speed type Rara Avis, he was confident that he could reach the Bishop in just milliseconds. Edson cracked the ground, dust and dirt flew. He did this to distract the woman. 

*Whoosh!!*

A sonic boom could be heard and Alphonse appeared behind Jaraina. He stabbed the layer of light to penetrate the woman. Jaraina scoffed and Light swords impaled Alphonse. The captain gritted his teeth and never back down. He must accomplish his task, he forced his arms and stab the woman. Jaraina received a wound in her stomach but it was not life-threatening. She sneered. 

"Hmmph! You thought I will die by just a simple stab!? Then you're wrong. But you, I'm confident that you will die if I stab you million times."

Light swords drifted and hit Alphonse but instead of screaming in pain, he laughed. 

"Gahahaha! I'm sorry to disappoint you but I'm just the decoy!!"

*Bang!!*

A longsword struck the woman, Edson, with his deadly eyes, punished Jaraina. She rolled and crashed into the houses. They could see one of her shoulders lying in the ground but their focuses were still heightened. Alphonse fell and took a potion that he prepared before going here. He gulped it to heal his body. 

"Ack!!!"

Edson left Alphonse kneeling in pain. His priority was to kill Jaraina. He jumped and swing his longsword to the house. He saw the woman bleeding and battered, he raised his sword to finish him but Jaraina would not let this to happen. Hiding beneath the debris were hundreds of Light swords and Wind blades. Edson detected the swords but he didn't have the ability to defend in midair. The sharp elements pierced his body, fortunately, he's a Defensive type Rara Avis, the wounds were not deep and no organs had been hit. 

The gruesome Jaraina stood. Her dress was now torn and some of her private parts were showing. Though she didn't care about it. Her body begun to heal. She loudly laughed, mocking the warriors. 

"You're plan failed. You didn't kill me!"

Edson kicked his tongue. He knew the other names of the Goddess of Light, in some places, she was known as the Goddess of Healing and Emotions. 

The Bishops of the Temple of Light were famous for being undying because they received Gifts, the power to heal themselves. 

He watched how Jaraina's wounds healed. Her missing arm regenerated and she was now back to being a beautiful sexy woman. The bruises and wounds vanished changing to soft white skin. 

Edson sighed. 

"It looks like this will take a long time to finish."

Aura and Elements started to fluctuate and the surrounding was suffocating. 

……………………

Inside an office, two young men were talking about the grave situation of the Capital. 

Marlon clenched his fist and looking at his brother. Christopher did his best and save the Palace but his best was not enough to save all of the people. Right now, many citizens were protesting and wailing in front of the Palace. They were shouting and asking the authority. The Knights and adventurers were doing their best to pacify them. 

Even inside the office, he could still hear their voice. 

"Brother, help me."

Dylan was frustrated, his office was full of papers and he didn't get any sleep. The reason why he was not at the party was that the bureaucrats were preparing for the upcoming Annual Conference. Eye bugs could be seen in his exhausted face. He was stress and he felt like he would faint any time. The terror attack caused a massive amount of work, his head was aching and he couldn't think. He didn't even have time to sympathize with the dead people because his body was numb and fatigue. 

However, his younger brother visited him and he was asking about the secret passage. The secret passage!! Only small numbers of people knew this place. He was dumbstruck when he heard these words from Marlon. 

The secret passage was a hidden route that was lying beneath the Capital. It's like a maze and the Royal family was the only one who knew how to use it. If you recklessly enter this maze, you would become lost for just a couple of steps. 

Based on the hearsay, the place was full of Demon Beast, that's why no one escaped the place alive. And now, Marlon wanted to go there!!! 

19