MoC 58
578 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

58

-

Christopher and Aria exit the Passage holding each other. Aria was blushing while she was looking at him. Christopher had a pair of blue crystal eyes that could mesmerize any woman. She giggled, she knew that bad thing happened to her but she quickly forgot it. 

For her, thinking about negatives thoughts was a no-no. She reminded how his brother said that her mother was a happy go lucky woman yet she had a ladylike behavior. She didn't know her mother, she died giving birth to her, but her father and late nanny said that her mother was selfish when it comes to love. 

She heard how her mother bawled when she found that Aquila cheated on her…… That was why she wouldn't let those things happen to her!! Christopher would be hers and her alone!! Her eyes were delighted and it had a determined gaze. 

They went to the street and found that many Knights were surveying the vicinity. They quickly ran when they saw the Princess together with him. 

Christopher decided to leave her from them. 

"Hm? You are not coming with me?"

She asked, her eyes were sincere and she wanted to be with him. Christopher slightly smiled and felt guilty, but he shook his head. He had something that he must do. If he was late, then the whole Capital would turn oblivion. The landscape and the people would die if he won't move. 

"I'm sorry, Princess, but I must do something…"

He said, what happened earlier was enough reason for him to finish this. He must save this Empire! He was weak but there was something that he could only do. 

"Okay… but promise me that you will live… and from now on, call me Aria. I will hate you if you break any of it."

Christopher chuckled, he touched her hand and kiss it. The Knights were shocked but they didn't cease Christopher, Aria was a demon that they didn't want to awaken. 

"I will return."

"Mm..."

She nodded. 

Christopher left the place with a brave heart, his feelings for Aria was strong enough to make him brave. His feelings for his family was giving him strength. Right now, the thing that he needed to do was to save this Empire!! 

Aria gazed at him, her hands were trembling wanted to follow him. However, she knew that it was dangerous. The only thing that she could do was to believe in him.

……………………

The Palace was in a ruckus, and they didn't know what they should do first. 

The Empress was talking to the women. She pacified their anxiety, the females were in a wide room. The place was designed like an Abbey. 

They were kneeling and praying to each religion, heck! Some even prayed to the Goddess of Light, who was the perpetrator of this turmoil! 

The crying was echoing in the Abbey. The Empress was on the front showing her devoted heart. Just like her husband, she was an avid follower of the Goddess of the Sea. Sometimes she saw Aquila frowning when praying but she couldn't understand him. 

She didn't have the blessings of the Goddess but she was still believing in her. She saw how Aquila reached the top because of the Gift that his predecessor received from the Goddess. It was frightening, she was shivering whenever she recalls it. Yes, the Uniqueness may have setbacks but it was the strongest power that she witnessed. 

She hoped that Augusta would awaken that invincible power. 

*Thud thud*

The women heard the sound of steps. Some of them looked at the entrance and they screamed when they saw a head rolling on the floor.

"Kyaaaaa!!!!"

Immediately, all of them were aghast when they saw it. Some of them tried to run to the other door but instead of escaping, their heads flew. 

"Kyaaaa!!!"

They screamed, those with timid minds fainted when they saw the dead bodies. 

The Empress was pale, she saw much blood but she was still not accustomed. She killed her own father but it was not sufficient for her to be familiarized with the red liquid. The blood flowed into the floor, and dozens of people came in. All of them were wearing white robes, representing their faith. 

A man who had scars on his wrists was holding an elegant sword. George watched them emotionless. He didn't feel any remorse. 

"G-George! W-What happened? Where's your brother?"

Maria asked, she was struck by seeing George but instead of asking about his situation, she questioned him about his brother first.  

George cackled, her mother would never change. She was only focusing on her dreams not thinking about them. George remembered how this woman beat them whenever she was frustrated. 

Half of the scars on his wrists was because of her mother's torture. Just like him, his older brother had scars too. They received these wounds because of Maria's greed, mad and jealousy.

"Mother, no matter what you do, the Emperor won't look at you. His heart was closed when the first Empress died. "

"Shut up!!"

Maria yelled, she couldn't believe that her son could speak but it was not the reason for her agitation. She didn't want to hear the truth, what George said was the most painful words that she could ever hear. 

Yes, the Empress was sickeningly in love with Aquila. The first time she met him, her heart decided that she would do everything just to have him. 

She tried many things to seduce him but the man was not reacting. All the more that someone was obstructing her, Ariana, the late Empress. 

'That b*tch was the reason why I can't get the Emperor!!!'

The woman was dead for almost two decades, yet she was still hindering her!! 

"Mother, to end your suffering, I will kill you here. And the Emperor will be next. " 

The massacre had begun, the followers of Light unsheathed their swords. The women screamed but they were quickly put into silence. No one could rescue them, the Empress knew it. After all, the Sarmiento was with George. Perhaps he betrayed the Empire. 

She gritted her teeth, this means that her eldest son failed, or the worst case was he was already dead. 

15