MoC 62
481 5 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

62

The earthquake was starting to destroy the Capital, some of the weaker structures fell and it was becoming stronger. 

In the Temple of Wisdom, the place was guarded by Priest and Nuns. However, they were not patrolling the aisle. Their Goddess gave them a revelation that they could only enter the place if a semi-natural disaster happened. It was a confusing command but still, they obeyed it. 

Now that the Capital was having an earthquake, they believed this was the disaster that their Goddess was talking about. They wobbly entered the aisle and they gasped. 

The left arm of the Goddess was missing!!! Some of them became hysterical, "This is blasphemy!!", they screamed. 

But the clear-minded believers calmed them. They easily realized that this was the outcome that their Goddess wanted. After all, any person who would mock or disgrace the Goddess would receive a heavenly punishment. 

No one in their right mind would cut the Goddess statue and steal it. They believed the Goddess let the man take it. 

They watched the surrounding hoping that their thoughts were right. 

…………………… 

Again, Christopher was walking in the darkness, the Secret Passage, but this time it was a little bit different. He was with Dylan, this was his first time meeting his brother Dylan because he didn't have time to visit him. Their meeting was awkward, cause Dylan pointed a sword at him. But it was still better than the first time meeting Pablo and Yuusha...

The ground was throbbing and it was hard to walk. Dylan was holding a figurine's arm, he didn't know why he was doing this. However, he decided to follow Christopher because he was worried about Marlon. That was why he helped him carrying this concrete arm, this caused his walking a bit harder.

Christopher and Dylan were like drunken men, they couldn't walk straight. Yet, Christopher was accustomed to the sensation, yeah, his booze addiction helped him in this situation. 

"T- That's!"

Dylan almost jumped when he found dead bodies on the ground. He ready his weapon, perhaps there were enemies. 

 Christopher got closer and place his lamp near the corpse. 

"We are close…"

He said. 

In the middle of this earthquake, Christopher was tranquil, he must. Or else he wouldn't finish his mission. 

They entered the place and they found a wide space where a couple of light stones are hanging on the walls. 

The place was noiseless, well, there were no people alive so it was understandable. 

"Marlon!"

Dylan ran not thinking about the shaking, he examined his brother and found that he was horribly injured. He opened the potion that he had and put it in his mouth. 

"Brother…"

Marlon was still conscious and he slowly sipped the potion. He regained his strength a little bit and he looked at Christopher. He chuckled. 

"Hehe, what do you think? I'm cool, right? I defeated all of them."

"Dude, you're awesome. If I'm a woman, I would immediately spread my legs for you."

Christopher happily joked. Though deep inside, he was guilty, he forced Marlon to enter the den of enemies alone. 

"Ptui!! Who said I would like to f*ck you!?"

He angrily said. Dylan who was with them was dumbfounded. 

'Heck!! you still have time to joke!? Inside this tunnel where it can fall at any time!!'

He yelled in his thoughts. He knew these kids since they were young, and he could only say that their minds were crazy!!

"Christopher, let's leave this place!! It's not safe here!"

Dylan said, but Christopher spoke the words that he didn't think he would hear.

"No, I'll stay here, I have something to do."

"Me too, brother. I wanted to see how this motherfucker will do his job."

"What!!?"

Dylan was stupified.

'Crazy! They are crazy!'

He thought. 

Christopher reached the platform. The Platform of Destruction was a ceremony that Omicron and the followers of True Apostle tried to make but their plan was destroyed by Pablo and Yuusha. 

This scenario was just the same, however, this was more serious. The Ceremony had already started and no one could stop it, except Christopher. 

'In the Capital, the only people who lived were the nobles and the royalties. The Palace had anti-disaster magic that protected them from any natural catastrophes. It took hundreds of years to create that protection and it could only protect the Palace…… This was the main reason why the Capital was destroyed… and the Duke bombarded the place... Derik you are a heartless stud…'

He cursed himself, Christopher was looking at the platform. This was his first time seeing a scene like this. The pale bodies of females were like a sculpture on exhibit.… It was gruesome. 

He began to start his job. The concrete arm was placed on the middle of the platform, at the top of the dead bodies. 

To stopped the earthquake, he needed two tools or equipment that represents two Goddesses. He already had one, it was the dagger, his dagger had the fragments of the Abomination. It was greatly qualified. 

Before the earthquake, he was actually problematic. He didn't know where he would get another embodiment of Goddess. The Temples in the Capital were heavily guarded, he couldn't infiltrate them. 

However, he was surprised when he found that the Temple of Wisdom was oblivion…… Since the place was unprotected, he smashed the statue… He was not afraid of divine retribution, thankfully nothing bad happened. 

You may think the solution to this problem was easy but it was not, since the fuel of this disaster was blood. Then he needs to fight it using his blood, that was why he had a sack of hematopoiesis potions!! Yeah, our Christopher is a genius…… he was confident that he would not lose his blood… but it would be painful. 

He slashed his two wrists and let the blood drop. He put the dagger together with the arm, and let his blood touched them. He felt that his energy was greatly sucked and he was getting dizzy, he opened his first potion and swallowed it. 

Dylan and Marlon were seriously looking at him, they didn't know what to do. Though they understood that Christopher had knowledge on how to stop the calamity. They didn't leave his sight, they were watching him, hoping that he could make a miracle. 

Time passed and Christopher felt that the shaking was getting weaker, he already drunk half of his potions. He smiled, the process was unbearable because he felt that he would lose his life at any moment but it was worth it. 

The citizens would not die, he prevented the earthquake. His pupils were unfocused and he looked like a vampire. He smiled while Marlon and Dylan caught him on his fall. 

"Now… it's all about the Emperor."

The deadly bright lights were vanishing and it was the sign that they were safe. Christopher looked on the platform, because of his Skill, he could read the Runes clearly. He could read the eagerness of the Goddess of Light to destroy the Capital, though he was wrong in that factor. The Goddess wants to see her next plaything. She was excited to meet the man that would heal her broken heart.

Christopher Mellwood stopped the Ceremony of Last Light. 

16