MoC 66
481 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

66

The event of the Capital ended, yet Christopher's suffering is just getting started. 

…………………

Thousands of kilometers away from the Capital, close to the Patag region, a battle was happening. 

Duke Obata was fighting his own countrymen. Why? Because he wanted to, the Capital was in great disorder and almost all of the leaders were there. He blocked any message, letter, or reinforcement that would enter the Capital. His territory was close to the Capital and he could hinder any movements. 

He didn't hesitate to betray them. The Capital would be destroyed and the Emperor died, it was good news! 

In his back, a beautiful woman watched the massacre. Her name is Luze Obata, her eyes were ecstatic whenever she heard their cry. It was a lovely hymn for her ears. 

"Father, the Capital was now over, the Emperor died."

She gladly said, the Duke nodded believing his time had come. He got out of the tent and found his loyal Knights, they would meet the representatives of the three other kingdoms. They would bombard the Capital using an ancient Runic weapon.

……………………

Oregan looked at the sky, his eyes glowed showing that he received a divine message. 

He couldn't hear the voices of his Goddess clearly, just a weak whisper, cause he was not part of the direct ones. His sense of hearing would be gone if he heard any of her sweet real voice. 

The injured soldiers were staring, they kneel and bow. They knew Oregan was hearing a revelation. 

Minutes passed and Oregan fell on the ground, his face was sweating and the paleness of his skin was visible. This was his first time receiving a direct message from the Goddess of Light. Usually, he had to go to a Temple and face a statue. He found this sensation addicting, his mind was messy but it only took him dozens of seconds to be clear-minded. 

He remembered his Goddess gave him a mission. It was to kill the man who hindered their plans many times. Oregan didn't meet the man but he was famous, or to be exact his surname was. 

The Mellwood was a family of adventurers that traveled the Continent many times, only a few people knew this.  Their family became famous after the great war. 

Charles showed his ferocity in the war. His blade cut anything that blocked him. 

Even Vincent was known as the youngest Rara Avis Master, he reached the stage when he was sixteen years old. At the present, no one could beat his achievements. 

Their families had the Bloodlines of being a Speed Type Rara Avis, they were known for being agile and nimble swordsmen. There are rumors that they had a Uniqueness but it was just hearsay. No one could prove if it was true. 

The Mellwood was not corrupt and they were honest. Entei City was not the wealthiest but it had the most satisfied citizens. 

In conclusion, the Mellwood was famous. 

However, he heard another man that he didn't know. It was Christopher Mellwood. Oregan was curious about this mysterious young man. 

The Goddess gave him a mission to kill him. He didn't know why but he didn't question his Goddess. He would finish his job no matter how hard it is. 

"A blonde with blue eyes……"

He said. His weapon begun to change. 

His Bow was a Runic Weapon and it had two abilities. The first was it could make the arrow explode and the second was it could amplify the user's power. 

Oregan was a Master that chose the Path of Sight, his father was an archer and he wanted to follow his footsteps. As a man with great eyesight, he could see a hundred kilometers away. No ordinary people could imitate his power, even the other Masters are nothing compared to his eyes. 

The bow started to blaze, his eyes got red. Tears of blood came out of his eyes. 

His vision traveled thousands of kilometers away. Whenever he used this ability, he always has a severe headache. He felt like his head would crack. 

He panted but he never stopped. He focused his vision and saw a man that had the same description.

 Christopher is with the others, they buried the grave of Aquila. The funeral was finished and almost all of the people were gone. Only a few loyal retainers are on the place. 

"Gah!!"

Oregan was crying in pain, this skill was truly sickening. The bow shone stating that it wanted to punish its user more. Oregan accepted the piercing pain inside his head. He stretched the string and aimed it to the Capital. 

He was confident that he could kill Christopher, he had a hundred percent accuracy. Never in his life did he missed, it's the reason why he's an Inquisitor and why he was the commander of this mission. 

Long-range, he was Demon in this aspect. Arrow formed out of light, it crackled showing that it's deadly. The sound was enough to startle anyone. 

The soldiers looked at him with anticipation. They were curious since this was their first time witnessing the true power of Inquisitors. 

He released the string, the energy created a strong force and every dust and dirt flew. Oregan felt the numbness in his hands, his eyes and arms were bleeding. 

……………………

Christopher and the others were in the largest garden in the Palace. Two tombs could be seen, the first tomb was old but cleaned and preserved. This is the grave of Empress Ariana, Julian and Aria's mother. As for the second, it was a newly built tomb, Aquila was lying in this tomb together with his wife. They knew that Aquila misses the late Empress that's why they put them together. 

Maria gazed at the grave, she anguished but she knew that her hatred could never revive Aquila. She sobbed on the ground never controlling her tears. Prince Augusta was alive but he was still unconscious, Maria didn't know who she gonna attend to.…… She's afraid to meet her son… She's human, and she had guilt, what she had done was unforgivable. She was scared of how her son would react. 

Yuusha and Pablo stood behind, Duke Saraza was silently watching the scenes. His eyes redden but he didn't cry, he must not show any weakness. 

Marlon and the bandage Edson watched far. They didn't want to disturb their mourning. 

Aria cried, Christopher held her tightly. He wanted to ease her feelings… yet he didn't have the time to. 

[Announcement: Auburn War is reexamining its contents… Detecting different phenomenon…]

He heard the motherfucking robotic voice. He realized that his death was imminent.

A fast light dashed. 

*Swoosh!!!*

Christopher pushed Aria, he didn't want her to die. An arrow penetrated his chest, and the hole had the size of a fist.

"Shit…"

He cursed. 

"Christopher!!!"

Aria was shocked, she caught his lifeless body. Christopher's vision was getting darker, he felt the drops of tears coming from Aria.

Christopher's suffering 3/4.

14