MoC 71
494 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

71

[Yuusha was in the Temple of Mountain, he was asking the Bishop to help the citizens of Cransia. He knew that even if he is the Hero, saving all of the people was impossible. At first, he wanted to go to the Temple of Wisdom but his face always grim whenever he thinks about Pablo. 

He recalled how Pablo tried to put a yellow liquid in Christopher's mouth when he died. Almost all of them gasped, Aria slapped Pablo and stopped him. She smelled a deadly scent coming from the liquid. The liquid evaporated when it fell to the ground. 

Marlon held his collar and lifted him. He yelled, saying what was he trying to do. Pablo was choked, he said that his Goddess told him to put the unknown liquid into Christopher's mouth if he died. He didn't know the reason but he did what his Goddess said.

Yuusha realized that Pablo's loyalty was on another level. He knew that Pablo was creepy yet honest but this was the first time that he made this scene. HE LET CHRISTOPHER DIED, JUST TO SATISFY HIS GODDESS!! PABLO KNEW THAT CHRISTOPHER WILL DIE. 

They didn't even know if what he almost put was poisonous or not. Though it didn't matter anymore, Christopher was already dead...

Julian and Augusta confronted Duke Obata. They were currently fighting close to Baudan.

Marquis Fillan and Marlon returned to their territory, they were worried for Marchioness. They would talk to Priest Cratust, Edson wanted to know if his friend betrayed him. He would organize his soldiers to help the Royal Family to beat the traitorous Duke.

Yuusha decided to leave after that, he didn't have news about them. 

A week after Christopher's death… the Capital was destroyed. ]

"Mister are you okay? You're almost sleeping for three hours."

Rachel carefully tapped his body, she was afraid that Christopher would attack her. 

The man woke up seeing the girl. He looked around the place and determined that it's afternoon. He erased all of the things that he read,  it would affect his mind if he thinks about the possible future.

The other kids were tending fire and roasting…… wait is that a rat?… Phew, no it was a small rabbit. 

"I'm sorry but could you please release me, I promise I won't do anything bad. My butt is really aching right now, and my legs are sore. "

Christopher said, he was not lying. His body's aching since his position was like a tied pig. 

Rachel hesitated, she almost held the ropes but she shook her head, she couldn't easily believe the man. Moss and Ben appeared and gave her a piece of meat. They tossed a small food close to Christopher, he was struck. They want him to eat like this? He thought. His feet and hand were tied and he would eat the food like a dog… He didn't want that, he immediately begged them to release him. 

"Come on guys, untie me. I can't eat like this. "

He was not angry, since he had a soft spot for children. He understood that they suffered and he could relate. They are just kids that became untrustful because of war. 

Ben approached him and untied his arms. Ben was not sure if Christopher was a good person that's why he left his feet tied in a strong pole. 

"Thanks."

Christopher felt grateful and smiled, he took the food on the ground. He was not disgusted, his hunger was strong compared to his pride. He gobbled the food not caring about the dirt. 

The small piece was not enough but it's bad to be greedy. The three kids looked at him, they were guarding if he makes any suspicious moves. 

"Mister, just like earlier. We want to ask you, what is your name? And this time, no lying."

The kids believed he was a noble and they wanted to know his true name. 

"Me…… I'm Kaslan Caparal."

Christopher couldn't think about any other name so he decided to choose Kaslan. Marlon was the first man that he thought but their physiques were completely different. Marlon was like a gorilla and he was a kitten. The only man he knew that was slightly identical to him was Kaslan. 

Though he understood that if Kaslan found this, he would cough in blood. Noted that Christopher and Kaslam had bad blood since the Academy times. 

"Caparal!! You are that man?"

The three kids were shocked, the surname Caparal was famous. It's one of the three Dukes, Ben and the others heard the name before. 

"…You are not lying right?"

Ben said, Christopher nodded. He was lying but he didn't show any nervousness. He was accustomed to being a liar. 

"And you, what's your name?"

Christopher asked back so the suspicion would vanish. 

"I am Ben, this is Moss and the girl is Rachel."

Christopher heard a name that caused him to almost jumped. 

"Rachel!?…… W-wait! I'm just surprised so please drop the weapon."

Christopher shouted causing the two boys to hold their swords. Christopher was shocked because he never thought he would meet the young girl here. This little girl, Rachel, would be the key to win the internal conflict. 

'Now that I think about it… she has light red hair just like what I described in the novel.… It seems the travel would become smooth. That is if they trusted me.'

Christopher was thinking, he decided to open his mouth. He was hoping these children would buy his words. 

"Hey, I just want to ask, do you want the war to end?"

The kids tilted their heads. Of course, they want the war to end, who didn't want to? They saw the truth of war and they didn't want to experience it again. They remembered how their enemies bombarded the Capital, it was a living nightmare. 

They hid in the sewage waiting for the destruction to stop, not only them. A lot of people were hiding underground hoping the bomb wouldn't hit them. Still, many of them died.

(Remember that Pablo received a message from the Goddess. The Goddess of Wisdom told him to put the liquid in Christopher's mouth if he died... Pablo had missing screws in his head, he let Christopher died. Still, Pablo is a good person... Perhaps. )

11