MoC 73
452 15 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

73

Christopher together with the children walked along the road. The weather was cloudy and there was a chance of raining. They passed the pasture and they reached the forest. Ben decided to find shelter inside the forest. He knew that sometimes there was a lost Demon Beast that would go near the edge of the forest. They didn't think about that since the rain began to pour. 

Christopher was now free and his legs and hands released. The kids started to believe that he's a good guy. Ben and Moss were surprised that he could cook, they thought nobles had precious hands and they didn't like laborious works. 

Christopher helped the kids to find a place to rest, he's the oldest, and his sense of responsibility is high. That's why he felt the heaviness of being the creator of this world. 

He knew how to babysit, he was the only one who always took care of his younger sister when she was a child. He had experienced in parenting. His socializing skill was great and he easily got their hearts. 

They found a cave close to the road, they inspected the cave and it was clear. Christopher and Ben made a fire, they took out the squirrel that they got earlier. 

Christopher wasn't disgusted when Ben unskinned the animal... He was salivating at the fresh meat the kid was holding. He shook his head, he already knew the reason why he had urges to taste the squirrel uncooked… 

The Gift that he received started to affect his rationality. He shook his head and erase the morbid thoughts that were playing in his mind. 

They ate the food and rest. They decided to make a rotation. Ben would be the one to guard first, next Moss then Christopher. Rachel was still a child, she couldn't fight her drowsiness. The males were the ones who always guard. 

The rain fell and their vision was dimmed. They need to be more observant in their surroundings. 

Christopher closed his eyes, the drops of water were distracting his hearing. He began to think about his situation. 

'I don't know what happened to my family… The novel didn't state them. I hope they are okay. Thankfully, I found that Aria is alive, together with Julian,  Augusta, and the Empress, they are fighting the army of Duke.…… As for Pablo, it seems that he returned to his territory, Duke Saraza is readying his soldiers to help the Royal Family. Marlon and Marquis Fillan are talking to Cratust… and their conversation is not good.'

Christopher sighed, recalling what he read. In the last part of the novel, Duke Obata would face Yuusha, as for what happened… Christopher couldn't accept it. 

In his original novel, Duke Obata would join forces with the Royal Family. However, it looked like that scenario would not gonna happen. Even, his perversion was a shock to him. 

'Heck! A Healing Mahikero that torture others, how ironic.'

Christopher thought. Duke Obata was written as a benevolent and kind leader, not a traitor and sadistic one. That image is the complete opposite of this version. 

..... However, Christopher has something that he doesn't know. He didn't know that Luze was different too. If he learned that one of the main characters was altered to the core. He would scream in anger. 

Christopher remembered that Pariah said his power came from the Creator. Perhaps, this scenario was her doings… Christopher trashed that idea. The Creator was already dead since the beginning, she died and became part of the world… Well, that's what he wrote, and he believed that part would remain true.…  

After some hours, he woke up because his instinct told him that something was coming. He stood and Moss was surprised when he found him agitated. 

"What happened?"

The young boy said. Christopher looked at the entrance. He gulped and immediately wake the others. 

"Yawn… why did you wake me?"

Rachel asked, Ben and Moss stared at Christopher. 

"We need to leave this place! There are Demon-"

*Growl!*

A snarling sound came, they saw wolf-like humanoid creatures. 

Christopher and the children were frightened. They knew what they are, they are Lycans, a wolf-type of Demon Beast. 

"Ben… take the others and leave. I will stall time."

Christopher brave himself. 

"What about you?"

"Don't worry, I can find a way. For now, you must take your siblings to a safe place. "

Ben was stunned. He couldn't believe that Christopher would prioritize his siblings' safety. He gritted his teeth and nodded, Moss and Ben ready their swords. They held Rachel and they moved outside, watching vigilantly.

 Christopher took the dagger. Since the time he came back, he could now hold the blade normally. He tried touching other weapons but he still felt the Curse. This means the dagger was not part of the boundary of the Curse. This was good news for him. 

He wave his hand, he saw the Lycans staring at them like food. 

"1…2…3 GO!"

Christopher shouted and the kids quickly ran. They left him, Rachel started to sob but she held it in. Some Lycans followed them but Christopher blocked their path. 

He swing the dagger and one of the Lycan fell, Christopher realized that his physical strength increased. He was an experienced weapon holder and he knew the weakness of these monsters. He believed that he could defeat them. 

Except for being safe, the actual reason why he asked the children to escape was that he didn't want them to see what he's going to do. 

Christopher, the man that Pariah chose, started to move. His eyes were lusting over the fresh meat. His mouth was watering, this were the urges that he controlled whenever he sees flesh. But this time, he released his instinct. 

The Lycans dashed at him, they felt the dreadful energy. They wouldn't let him use his power. The first Lycan bit his neck but Christopher welcomed it. 

"You bit me, then I'll bite you too!!!"

He opened his mouth, his teeth entered the skin of the Lycan. The Demon Beast whimpered but Christopher hugged the monster never letting go. He ate its flesh and felt the power surging in. 

Christopher Mellwood awakened his first power. His eyes started to change and his body became huge. Christopher transformed into a beast. 

( We already know that the Woman of Abomination is the Goddess of Demon Beast, so of course, Christopher's Gift will be related to being a beast. If you have some thoughts, you can leave them in the comment, I will do my best to answer them.)

13