MoC 82
339 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

82

(Does Donovan's reaction a little bit forced? I just want to know what's your opinion, you can put it in the comments.)

Christopher stared at Donovan. The man was laughing and Christopher didn't know why. 

Donovan snorted and forced himself to stop. He glanced at Christopher and snickered. He extended his hands to him. 

Christopher tilted his head and observed him. He was surprised by his sudden change. He creased his forehead, maybe Donovan would stab him again. 

"Well, I'm not sure if you know me but I am Donovan."

"…… And?"

Christopher was watching his every move.

" I'm one of those people that greatly respect your brother."

"Ah?"

Christopher became more confused.

"I'm sorry if our first meeting is awkward."

"No, awkward is not enough to describe it."

Christopher reacted to all of his words. The more he heard Donovan, the more uncertain he became. 

'What does he mean by respect? I know my brother is famous but I'm not sure that even bandits respect him. They are different sides of a coin. I thought bandits and Knights hate each other? Did I miss something?'

Christopher was dumbfounded and just like him, even Donovan's underlings were confused about what their boss was doing. 

Donovan felt that Christopher's reaction was dark. He realized that he didn't tell his whole story.

"Ahem, I didn't name myself properly. I am Donovan, I'm once a Knight of the Silver Lion and Vincent was my Captain.

He coughed. 

" Seriously, so you know my brother?"

Christopher was surprised and he didn't know if he would believe him. Even some of the underlings whispered when they heard it. Only the initial members were not surprised, they knew that Donovan was a Knight. 

"Yes, I'm not joking. Actually, your brother helped me a lot… I'm sorry if I stabbed you. If you want you can stab me too"

"... No I think I'll pass."

Donovan acted like everything was fine. 

"Ahem, men! Take Christopher in our hideout, we will have a party tonight!" 

The people cheered when they heard him, they were oblivious why Donovan declared it but since the boss said that they would have a party, then it's enough reason to be happy. 

Christopher was the only one who didn't understand what's going on. Earlier Donovan almost killed him and destroyed his organs, he should've died if he didn't have a Gift. 

"W- wait! I understand that you were a colleague of my brother but I didn't get why you are doing this. I killed one of your subordinates, remember?"

"Oh, that man is new recruit, he was a wanted criminal that loves to rape children. "

Donovan shrugged, he didn't care about the man who died since they didn't have any bond.

Christopher found the scenario shocking, the man that pierced his body was now acting warm with him. He felt unpleasant, the man that almost killed him was now acting close, it sent shivers down his spine. He wanted to escape, then he remembered the children. 

"No, I think I have to pass. I need to meet the kids. "

"You mean the three kids that escaped earlier?"

Christopher nodded while watching his every movement. He couldn't escape the thoughts that maybe Donovan would stab him again. 

Donovan didn't detect his repulsion. 

"Don't worry about that, some of my men followed them. Speak of the devil, here they are."

"Mmmff mmmfff!!!"

Rachel and Moss struggled, two men carried them. Ben was unconscious and he was bleeding. Christopher immediately ran when he saw them. 

"Release them!"

The men looked at Donovan, he nodded and they released the kids. Rachel breathed and took out the rope on her mouth. 

"Brother!"

The little girl hid behind Christopher, Moss glared at the two men. As for Ben, he fell on the ground like a piece of baggage, the bandits had a rough attitude. 

Christopher examined Ben, he sighed in relief when he found that he only fainted. He had a small wound on his head but it was not fatal. He wanted to punch the men, however, before he did it, Donovan smashed their face. 

"I said get them not hurt them."

"B-boss, they fought so we didn't have a choice."

"Ah? So you want more?"

Donovan cracked his knuckles.

"N- no, boss!"

They shook their heads, they knew that Donovan would give them black eyes. They fled the scene and went to their comrades. 

Christopher decided to let this thing go, he almost died fighting these bandits and he didn't want to experience it again. 

Donovan tossed a bottle of potion to Christopher and gestured him to heal the kid. Christopher put the potion in Ben's mouth. The kid slowly opened his eyes. 

Rachel and Moss came close and checked their brother. 

While the bandits were busy Christopher told the story to the children.

"Men, prepare to retreat, we will return to our place."

Wwooohhhooo!!

The men travel excitedly, whenever the boss made a party, he would always open the stash of liquors that he stored in his private room. These liquors were old yet delicious, it was one of the things that they stole when they raid a merchant... Yeah, they got the liquor through hardwork.

Christopher decided to follow them, he didn't have a choice, he didn't want to anger Donovan. 

The children walked close to him, Ben and Moss were eyeing the bandits. Some of the bandits were looking at them, to be precise they were looking at Rachel. Christopher held the girl tightly. Perhaps the bandits would ambush them if they entered their hideout. 

'If they do that, I will ask the Abomination for help. I don't want to show this power but it's better than dying. '

Time passed, they reached a place deep in the forest, there was a group of houses and tents hiding in a cliff. He saw some women and men in the house, heck, he even saw children playing... 

Christopher realized that maybe his impressions were wrong… Instead of an unsanitary place that he imagined, he saw a village filled with people. 

10