MoC 98
281 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

98

Luze was holding a sword, a man opened her room and she stabbed him. The soldiers fell, Luze grabbed his body and took him inside. The soldier convulsed and Luze sliced his neck, the soldier completely died. 

Luze stared at the window, she could see the fire around the Baudan and the Royal Family started to attack. 

Luze bit her nails, she believed their defense was strong. Night and day guards patrolled the area to find if there was something odd. They were seriously searching for any possible infiltration. They found none that could create a large fire that engulfed part of the city like this.

"How can they do this, the gate was heavily guarded. No one entered the Baudan since the start of the war… "

Luze tried to find the answer but she couldn't. She didn't know that the Teleportation Gate was now working. She didn't think about the Gate because it was unused for almost two months. 

"What do I do?"

She began to think. She would die if the enemies found her. She held her sword, her father taught her how to fight. She had experienced in sword fighting and she was confident about it. 

She got out and inspected the pathway, she trembled, a group of soldiers was going to her room. She closed the door again, it was fortunate that the soldiers didn't saw her. 

She closed her eyes and heard their footsteps. They stopped at her room, Luze steel herself and ready to attack. Before the soldier's opened her door, she kicked it and sliced him. 

"Gah!"

The soldier was cut on his chest, Luze immediately attacked the others. The soldiers hit her abdomen and blood poured out, however, Luze continued. She killed another one. The other soldier pierced her at the same time, Luze was stabbed but she didn't care she waved her weapon and the soldier was sliced in half … She moved and groaned, in one swoop, all of the soldiers' heads had been chopped off. 

Five soldiers died fighting her.

Luze slowly took the weapon inside her body, Duke Obata taught her a lot, such as enduring multiple wounds.

She panted, she got off the weapon out of her and her body was fully healed. Her dress was tainted with red colors. 

While walking, she stumbled upon the group of maids, they were the workers of the manor. She got an idea and smiled. She kidnapped the maid farthest behind, she covered her mouth and broke her neck. 

Luze changed her dress with the maid uniform, she ran and followed the other maids. She hoped her plan would be successful. 

…………………  

Julian and Augusta ran to the Baudan but before they enter the city. Hendrix appeared on the ground, he made a no-no gesture using his finger. 

"Princes of the Cransia, you can infiltrate the Baudan but I tell you, if I saw too much killing, I will stop you. "

Augusta chuckled, he had some experience with this. 

"Haha, okay. How many people can we kill?"

Augusta asked with a sarcastic tone. 

"It depends, If I see a lot of dead bodies, I will kill you."

"Okay~"

Augusta said, whenever he invaded a city or small country, these Inquisitors would always warn him. He always heard this many times and he knew what to do. 

"Listen! You can only kill the male but let the women and children go!"

"Yes sir!"

The soldiers charged to the city. 

Hendrix smiled with Augusta's decision. The nickname of war is genocide. Any people who have common sense could easily think that a lot of people would always die whenever there's a war. The Overseer's duty was to minimize it. 

Anyway, Hendrix didn't actually care. He was just happy that Augusta listened to him. 

"Well, I'm curious who's the Overseer of Baudan, why did he not stop the fire? Any Overseer can stop this if they want to… why did he let the Baudan burn?"

Hendrix tilted his head, he was interested in who it was. 

They entered the city and it was covered with fire. Some of them stopped and stared at the place, the smoke already killed many people. They were suffocated and died because of lack of oxygen. 

They heard the crying of children. The inexperienced soldiers, the newbies, were shocked seeing it. So this is war, they thought. 

The veterans didn't care about the children nor the women, they advanced to accomplish their mission. If these women and children live then good, but if they not, who cares. This is war, always expect thousands of death. 

Marquis Fillan stayed behind, they already won and he wasn't fond of watching people die. The Baudan didn't have any strength to fight.

 Hendrix appeared close to him. 

"What do you think, Edson. Does the war awaken something inside of you?"

"Don't talk to me, I'm not one of those lunatics who wears a twisted smile when they kill. I have a heart."

Marquis Fillan scoffed. 

"Yeah, I shouldn't have asked you. I know your answer already, Edson Fillan the great warrior. Is this the reason why you didn't accept the offer of the Emperor? You didn't want to participate in any war again?"

Edson didn't answer. Hendrix was a crazy person so he didn't want to talk to him. He walked away, but he stopped after a couple of steps. He detected a strong presence coming to them. 

"Oh, it seems the other Overseer is here. I didn't think I will see you here, Miranda."

Hendrix said. Miranda came out of the fire her body didn't have any scars or scratches. Edson knew her,  Miranda was the Overseer of the Cransia when the Continental War happened. 

"My my, so it's you, Hendrix. Look at you now, you age. "

Miranda giggled.

"Yeah, and you, you're still a witch. Tell me how many times did you scissor with your Goddes-"

He couldn't complete his sentence. Miranda zapped him, unfortunately, Hendrix blocked her by creating a wall of concrete.

"Aw, your power is really the nemesis of us Lighting Mahikero."

She said. 

"Yeah, right."

Hendrix shrugged. Miranda's flawless skin didn't change. They knew each other for almost thirty years. Hendrix was now in his mid-fifties… He was jealous of seeing that Miranda was still a young woman. 

"Um, excuse me Hendrix but can you give me and Edson a time to talk. I have something to ask him."

Hendrix squinted his eyes but he decided to answer yes. He could see that Miranda would rampage if he said no. 

He left them alone. He was curious but he decided to let it slipped. 

When Miranda felt that Hendrix was completely gone. She opened her mouth. 

"Edson, I know you and Charles are close. What do you know about his son, Christopher Mellwood?"

9