MoC 109
258 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

109

The sun brightened and Christopher's body moved.

"Ugh."

Christopher realized that his body was still regenerating. He saw his lower half sixteen meters away. Well, it didn't matter anymore since he would have another limb. 

His body returned to normal. The dagger slowly came out of his body. 

"Pariah, you didn't even give me any after-effects."

Usually, when a person did a Calling of True Name, their body would suffer from the effects, just like what happened to Jariana. After she finished the Ceremony, she aged and became a grandma. However, Christopher didn't receive any punishment. In fact, his body felt new… Well, he would have another limb so he really did have a new body. Anyway, the Woman of Abomination was too kind and she didn't give him any suffering. 

The sun greatly prickled him, based on the sun, the time was around 12 noon or higher. 

Christopher was waiting for Donovan, he knew that his appearance was unusual, and he was unsure how Donovan would react. Though he believed that Donovan already knew his power. 

"I already showed my secret when I appeared as a Chimera…"

Christopher sighed. Sometimes, he had to let go of something to achieve another. 

Christopher started to hear footsteps. His improved sense of hearing deduced they were four people. 

Donovan slowly strode to the crater, almost four hours passed when they left this place. After Yuusha killed the Flesh, another massive dark energy ate the place. 

Donovan almost thought that maybe another monster was born. But after four hours, nobody attacked them. When he felt that the energy began to dissipate, he and his underlings decided to go to the crater. 

Donovan was not an idiot. He knew that the person who had wings was Christopher. That's why he wanted to get him before the others. 

When he reached the crater he found two people lying on the ground. One was unconscious while the other was awake, waiting for his body to heal. 

He went to Christopher. 

"Hello, Donovan."

Christopher's leg was slowly regenerating. He was completely naked with nothing but a dagger on top. Donovan scanned his body, the traces of the Chimera were gone. Christopher returned to being Christopher. 

"For now I will not ask you. But when we find a safe place I will surely interrogate you, so don't fucking lie."

"Okay, I will."

Donovan carried his body. Christopher was held like a piece of baggage. 

"What about him?"

Sando pointed his finger to Yuusha. The man looked pale and bloodless. Sando was asking Donovan and Christopher about what would they do to Yuusha. 

"Ah him, let him here. I'm sure the royalty will not let him die (and as if he will die)"

Christopher answered him. 

They began to get away. Donovan and the others escaped before any people saw them. 

……………………

The battle of Baudan ended. However, their problems were still not completely solved. 

Miranda actually wanted to go to the crater. Her mind was telling her that she must confirm if Christopher was the wing creature or the Hero. Though it didn't matter who he was, the truth that Christopher wasn't ordinary was a fact. Miranda began to think that Christopher had the answer that she wanted to know. 

"Tch, I really want to go but this is more important."

Miranda let Hendrix inspect the crater. Hendrix and Edson were now going to the place. As for the first Prince, he was resting. The Uniqueness obviously ate his lifespan and he needed to rest. 

"What is happening here? I thought the followers of Apostle were busy finding some shitty artifact… Why is the Bishop here?"

Miranda dashed, her feet moved like a lightning. She immediately caught the three people. 

"Ara ara, I didn't think I will meet you here, Valkyrie Miranda."

Benevere smiled when she detected that a woman approached them with great speed. Zeta and Omicron were carrying Duke Obata, the Duke was the one who created the Flesh. They needed his mind, or rather they needed his knowledge. Since the Duke was alive, they decided to take him together with studies (stack of papers) that he accomplished. 

"You two dimwits, leave this woman to me. I want you to deliver the Duke to our main temple. I still have something I need to do here. AND if you fail again, you know what will happen.  "

Zeta nodded while Omicron trembled, his groin ached when he remembered how this woman stepped on him. They followed her orders and grabbed the Duke. They were eager to escape from the grasp of this deadly Bishop. 

"Bishop Benevere… What are you doing to Duke Obata? That man under the jurisdiction of our Temple."

Miranda knew that Duke Obata was the one who created the Flesh. No matter what happened, he must retrieved him.

"Your Temple? Who said that?"

However…

* Slash!!*

A blade made of blood almost killed Miranda. She didn't saw the attack and it cut her cheek. Fortunately, the Bishop didn't have an intention to kill her. 

Benevere was a Blood Mahikero, her full name was Benevere Bathory. She was from the family who had the power to control blood. 

Miranda was frustrated, the Bishop was a dangerous woman. She only met her twice but her instinct was telling her not to fight this woman. Miranda knew that she would die if she made a wrong move.

"Miranda your the Overseer of this war right? I just want to ask, perhaps do you know a person named Christopher Mellwood. You see he had an item that he stole from us."

Benevere said while looking at her fingers. It seemed that she needed a manicure. 

Miranda couldn't control her eyes from widening. How did Benevere know Christopher? 

Benevere saw her reaction. 

"Oh, so you know him."

'Shit!'

Miranda cursed herself. This was the worst time to show her expression. However, it was already late, Benevere started to approach her. 

11