Chapter 14
182 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14

 

Once they got back to the garage Violet immediately set to work on the preparation work she wanted to do on Aryette her Land Rover before setting off. Firstly she dropped the engine, gearbox and transfer box oils, before refilling with fresh, then moving on to checking everything was tight and free as it should be. Once satisfied she slid out from under the Landy with more grace than usual. Once upright she stood a little away from the vehicle, and considered it for a moment, before seeming to come to a decision with herself. With that she turned to one of her storage lockers and started bringing out several shaped mesh panels, and set to affixing them over the windows to provide some protection. Once all the windows were protected she produced some similarly shaped sheets of kevlar composite armour, a modern evolution to the bulletproof vests the crooked law enforcement officers wore in her youth, and these she affixed to the inside of the lower doors. Once she was done applying the armour she stepped back again, and looked satisfied with herself, before gently stroking the drivers wing, then leaving the garage area to the hand washing area between it and the rest of the apartment.


As she was cleaning her hands at the work sink Sy walked past her on his way out to the garage, but when he caught eyes with Violet he paused as she started to speak
“Hey dude, got a sec? Was her first comment

“Sure Vee, what’s up?” queried Sy

Violet lent back against the wall, before locking eyes with Sy and sighed
“Are you Sure you want to do this dude?”
Sy looked somewhat taken aback by that “err, yeah, why do you ask?”
Violet’s shoulders slumped slightly “this is some serious shit dude. Aside from having to effectively smuggle me across both CityScape and international borders, there’s those desperate gangs on the roads. Ignoring the illegal stuff this is Dangerous”
Sy puased for a second when she stopped and was just watching him with that intense look of hers, before answering with “And? What’s your point Vee?” with a shrug

Violet’s gaze turned even more focused as she stared at him “The point, Sydewaze, is that you’ve got a damn good life going here, you’re safe, well respected, well thought of and liked. You are risking all that just on the whim of a worthless catgirl freak who’s been at best aloof or more accurately a fucking bitch towards you for Years now” Sy could see the emotions in Violet’s eyes were barely contained, she’d not even noticed her ears were flat back against her head & her tail flicked rapidly

Sy took the couple of steps needed until he was directly in front of Violet, and held eye contact whilst resting a hand on her shoulder.
“Violet” he started in a calm voice “For years now you’ve been one of my Closest friends. Even after all that happened you were there for me. But before that you saved my life. But even if you hadn’t I would still do this with you. I’d be there by your side”

Violet frowned at him “what do you mean? I’ve never saved your life dude!”

Sy levelled his gaze at her “Vee, have you forgotten the farm?”

“What about it?” asked a confused Violet “I mean yeah we lived together over there, but that wasn’t life-saving!” 

Sy held his gaze a few seconds before quietly replying “It meant a lot to me Vee” before continuing “So stop this self-depreciation crap ok? I know you’ve always struggled with it. But accept that myself, and it appears Naria, are Certain on what we’re doing, and dead set to go with you ok!”

Violet slumped against the wall, her eyes misting slightly
“I just...I just don’t want you two getting hurt because of me” she said quietly before looking down and faintly mumbling “I’m not worth it”

 

Sy paused for a moment watching Violet as she slumped to the floor against the wall, eyes never leaving a spot in front of her own feet. Before he stepped in front of her, crouched down and placing a hand under her chin gently raised her head till she finally locked her teary eyes onto his own

“Violet, you Are worth it. If you weren't, do you think Naria would have done This for you?” With that he used his other hand to poke one of her ears, causing a slight flinch from her
“And do you think for One Second I’d have helped sort this out if you weren’t? If you weren’t worth it I’d not take the risks and…” pausing to stare intently at Violet “I wouldn’t have stuck with you all these years Vee”

 

Violet held Sy’s stare with her own watery eyes for long enough that Sy would usually back down, but he didn’t. Eventually Violet sighed deeply, breaking the eye contact by throwing her head back against the wall with a muttered “fucking hell”
Sy chuckled slightly “I think thats the first time I’ve Ever got you to break eye contact before Vee!” 

Violet merely lifted one of her eyebrows and rolled her eyes, before springing back to her feet “whatever dude. I Really don’t get why the fuck you put up with me” seeing Naria pass the end of the wash area “ or Naria for that matter”

Upon hearing her name Naria walked over to the other two “what’ve I done now?” she said with a slight smirk

“Violet is being stupid again” Sy replied, equally smirking “she doesn’t seem to grasp that she’s awesome and we’re going with her and to stop being foolish and worrying about what is our decision”
Naira smiled, turned and glomped Violet with a big hug “Yeah silly, we’re going with you no matter what!”
Violet just rolled her eyes before shirking free of Naira and smiled “Fine, you’re both wrong but whatever” and looking slightly bemused “but thank you. You’re both awesome and more than I deserve.” after a slight shudder to collect herself Violet turned towards the way upstairs “if you’re both certain, I’m gonna go practice some more on the roof”
“Oooh” cooed Naira “can I come watch again?” she asked with kitten eyes

“Urgh, sure if you must” Violet shrugged and the pair walked off, before Violet turned back to Sy with her trademark grin “oh and sy, that ‘Dead set’ pun was awful. Keep it up” and stuck her tongue out before disappearing

 

After another training session on the roof, with Naira watching and slightly fangirling from the sidelines, Violet showered and was in her room cleaning, sharpening and preparing her various weapons before going to bed. As she checked all 8 shots were present in the pump action shotgun that was her fathers and set it ready to go, she paused looking at the workmanlike wood of it and mused to herself if this was worth it
Getting into bed with the slight doubt playing on her mind, she slowly fell to sleep. But at the moment her consciousness was wavering she heard it again. Her voice whispering “my Kitty”

Violet snapped bolt upright and snarled, her face twisted in hurt and determination

“Krymson! Must. Find. Her”

 

Announcement
Meow!

Sorry for the UTTER delay between chapters! been suffering massive writers block

xXx

1