Chapter 1
42 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Summer, the year 2000, Reuel turns five and goes on a trip with his parents.
They go camping in the mountains for two weeks. Reuel and his father go out and get food every evening,
some days it’s fish and on other days it’s small animals like rabbits.
Making campfires and roasting their catch of the day, sleeping in a tent, playing in the woods, and enjoying the unpolluted air.

 

The two weeks pass fast and they drive home.
On the day of their departure, a heavy storm is brewing.
As they drive down the mountain road, they hear thunder and see lightning flashing.
Suddenly a boulder, which loosened because of the heavy rainfall,
tumbles down the mountain and crushes the front half of the car.

Reuel survives but is stuck behind the seat of his mother.
As he looks around all he can see is rubble, blood, pieces of human flesh and bones,
and the hand of his mother which reached out to him just before she got crushed.
Reuel, while crying, passes out from exhaustion, all that stress took a big toll on his body.

As Reuel opens his eyes again he sees an unfamiliar ceiling.
He was brought to the hospital after someone found him and the fire department cut him out of the crushed car.
Scared and confused Reuel looks around, his memory of what happened slowly comes back to him.
Tears rolling down his face as he remembers the hand of his mother trying to reach out 
to him just before being crushed to death.
The pool of blood and pieces of human flesh, all those awful things came to mind.

A nurse outside hears him and comes, trying to check up on Reuel and trying to comfort him.
Reuel survives without a scratch and is soon released from the hospital.
Having no relatives Reuel is sent to an orphanage.
In the orphanage are nine other kids all close to his age in the orphanage,
the oldest being eight years old, the youngest is almost four.

Reuel doesn’t talk to anyone he just nodded or shook his head occasionally.
The kids think of him as weird and don’t want to play with him or go near him, even some adults avoid him.
The only time Ruel ever talks is when he is going to bed,
he is asking “God” why he had to take his parents, why was he left with nothing.

Months passed and Reuel still hasn’t talked to anyone in the orphanage, the only time he talks is before going to bed.
The adults working at the orphanage are weirded out by his behavior and are trying their best to leave him be.

One morning everyone in the orphanage is shocked as Reuel is talking, the only problem being him talking to himself.
Reuel still won’t answer when others ask him a question or greet him he only talks to himself.
The workers decided to bring Reuel to a mental institute, where he is checked.
The result being, he is healthy and there is no reason to worry.

The person Reuel is talking to isn’t himself but “God”.
Unknowingly Reuel had been talking to “God” every night for the past half-year, and “God” gradually became more awake.
“God”, the last divine being woke up from its slumber, due to Reuel talking to him every night.
Everyone thinks he is crazy talking to himself, laughing randomly, and not answering when others ask him something.

After a few more months passed Reuel turned six and entered elementary school.
Even in school, he doesn’t answer other kids’ questions or reacts to them at all.
He always wanted to be alone, talking to himself and laughing.
Reuel is being avoided by everyone in school too soon, but Reuel doesn’t mind at all he has his best friend by his side.
Years pass and Reuel becomes invisible to others around him, no one talks to him, not even his teachers.
Reuel isn’t bothered by this at all, he has his best friend, “God”, by his side at all times.

1