Chapter 5.5: Snippet from the Mundane world
808 10 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I figure it might be interesting to occasionally add bits and pieces providing more background into what might be happening in our world

From a newspaper article published 2 days after Rose passed through the barrier between worlds.

Missing persons case in local State Gamelands:

              This past holiday weekend 28-year old grad student Rose Snyder, of Philadelphia,  went missing recently at State Gamelands No. 465, while hiking on Old Hobb's Hollow trail. Search and rescue has been under way, but at the moment all that has been located of her has been her car keys, shoes and jacket. She was traveling with two friends, Anna McQueen, 25, and Jessica Chanel, 23, who had decided to go hiking on a spur of the moment whim.

              “We looked away for just a moment, and she was gone. We thought she would catch up any moment, when we heard a loud boom, like thunder. We thought she would be fine in the woods, I mean, she was a Marine, and they’re supposed to be tough, although she says she spent most her time locked in windowless rooms analyzing stuff during her time in the service. We miss her and hope she makes it back safe.”

              The most unusual part of the case is the manner in which her discarded effects were found. They were folded, and placed neatly on an outcropping in a clearing some ways away from the trail the trio was traveling on. While there is not definite trend, it bears a remarkable similarity to many other missing persons cases in National Parks and wilderness spaces throughout the country. Exact figures are unknown, as the National Parks service claims to not compile missing persons reports.

              The search is ongoing, currently being lead by game wardens and local search and rescue. Anyone who would like to volunteer should come to the parking area for State Gamelands No. 465.

51