Chapter 10: Claiming the Superstar (8)
436 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lang Yaling didn’t come for the dinner before the shooting; hence the limelight was on the three of them, Feng yue, Mo Zhentian and Xu Zexian. Feng yue did her best to mingle with the crew and their impression of her changed, as most of them realized that the rumours were wrong about her. She doesn’t have a snobbish personality unlike what was publicized. 

Even though several people kept toasting her, Feng yue was still nursing her first drink. Many people noticed this and asked her why she wasn’t drinking. She always gave the same answer, “I can’t drink today.”

This surprised everyone but they knew not to pry into her private matters. Just as she was speaking to a young actress, someone bumped into her making her spill her drink. thankfully it didn’t fall on anyone.

“I’m soooo sorry!!!” the woman apologized as she suddenly handed her own drink to her, “You can have mine.”

“Um...No...” Feng yue tried to reject it but the woman insisted. She smiled happily at her and greeted her, “Let me introduce myself, I’m Xia Chen. I will be playing Tang Su’s maid, Shi Chunhua.”

“It’s nice to meet you, Ms. Xia. I’m -” Feng yue was cut off before she could introduce herself as the girl excitedly exclaimed, “I know who you are!! Movie queen Feng yue!! I’ve been a huge fan of yours.”

“Ah.... I see.” Feng yue smiled as she didn’t think anyone would admit to be a fan of hers now when her reputation is in tatters. She was happy regardless as she said, “If you have any problems you can come to ask me anytime.”

“A-Ah.... Really?! I wouldn’t be disturbing you right?” Xia chen asked expectantly and a little embarrassed as she confessed without thinking, “A-actually... I decided to become an actress because of you Ms. Feng.”

“Oh?” Feng yue was surprised that she was the reason for her joining the entertainment industry. The girl nodded enthusiastically. Feng yue noticed that she was just a 16 year old girl and this might be her first gig. She asked, “Is this your first project? Ah...which company are you at?”

“I’m in Oracle Studio. And yes this is my first project, so I’m very excited that I’ll be in the same movie as my favorite idol.” Xia chen’s excitement made many people who were nearby smile. Feng yue too smiled as this girl was like a breath of fresh air in this otherwise dark industry. Not many people could retain who they were after a few moments of fame.

“Hmph! Favorite idol?” A very sarcastic voice laughed nearby. Feng yue slightly turned to see Yao jinjing giggling, she knew that yao jinjing hated her since she was unable to get the role she wanted. On top of that she was lang yaling’s best friend. She sneered at xia chen, “Isn’t she just a bygone actress?”

“You!” Xia chen wanted to fight but feng yue simply shook her head making her keep quiet. Feng yue ignored yao jinjing and instead said, “Please excuse me everyone.”

Yao jinjing is a rich young miss of the yao company that was in clothing industry.  They were moderately successful and yao jinjing had connections with lang yaling and also song wen. So feng yue knew the best thing to do was to ignore her as she was drunk and looking to fight with her however, she was in no mood to entertain the whims of a spoiled brat like yao jinjing.

Just as feng yue stepped towards the refreshments area, yao jinjing stood up abruptly and stood in her way.

“Are you running away feng yue?” She sneered as she pointed at her with a slight sway.

“and why would I be running away from the likes of you?” Feng yue asked as she looked at her steadily.

“Likes of me?” Yao jinjing laughed as she once again pointed at her, “Atleast I’m not a dirty slut like you, who would sleep with any man who would help with their advancement. Do you think anyone will buy the bullshit you told to the media the other day? Ha! If they did they are really stupid!”

“Whether they believe me or not is not my concern as all I did was tell the truth that your darling Song wen is a lying cheating bastard, who used me as a substitute for beloved dead girlfriend Qin meirong. Oh, I didn’t want to tell anyone the last part but opps.” Feng yue smiled as she looked at yao jinjing who was seething with anger. She smiled even more happily as she concluded this stupid verbal spree, “You know very well even lang yaling is a substitute for her. No matter who, they can never replace Qin meirong in Song wen’s heart. After all, you also tried to make him fall for you, didn’t you?”

Yao jinjing angrily threw the cocktail she was drinking at feng yue and pushed her. Feng yue was surprised as she lost her balance and was about to fall but thankfully someone grabbed her before she could hit the floor. She felt a familiar solid chest on her back and muscular arms holding her tightly.

“Are you okay Yue?” a soft voice asked her, as he held her close he smelled a vague floral scent that gave a person the illusion of ambiguity. He knew this scent as it was the same as that unforgettable night. However, before he could think about it, Feng yue legs gave out when she tried to stand on her own as felt slightly dizzy, making Mo Zhentian frown. He then addressed the director, “She doesn’t seem to be in any shape to go home on her own, I’ll drop her off along the way.”

“Alright.” Director yao min nodded as both the lead actors left the party.

xXx

“Let’s go.” Mo Zhentian ordered, he gently held feng yue to him as she was still feeling a little dizzy. Feng yue leaned onto him and asked, “Mo Zhentian, where are we going? home?”

“Yes. We’re going home.” Mo Zhentian tightened his hold on her, and leaned towards her as her voice was very soft. He pressed a button to close the partition between the driver and the passengers.

“Hmmm.....Whose home, tian?” Feng yue asked as she tilted her head cutely while looking at with slightly dazed and intoxicated eyes. Mo Zhentian felt his heartbeat speed up when he heard the familiar name on her lips, how long had he not heard her call him like that.

“Tian?” Feng yue asked again as she frowned when she looked at Mo Zhentian, who smiled gently at her and lifted her onto his lap. He hugged her tightly and inhaled her fragrance deeply. He sighed in contentment as he answered her earlier question, “Ours.”

2