Chapter 14: Stakeout
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The group was sitting at Julian's home waiting for Alexander to finish copying down code that Lucy instructed him to write. Eventually sighed and stretching his arms as Lucy took out a USB. "There we are. That should at least give us a warning if someone is trying to tap into our devices and dissuade any sort of non-determined attack." she handed the drive to Julian to have him download the code onto his electronic devices before passing it on. Aaryn, after setting his devices up with the encryption code spoke up, "So have we gotten any leads so far?" Alexander nodded, "Yes in fact. Sorry, I haven't been able to get you valuable info these past few weeks but I think the organization has found their man. I only heard of it because originally they were planning on sending Mr. Ababa over but now they had to find a new person. His name is Alberto Degara. I have no idea if he is a stand user or not. Best to assume he is though. He will be leaving tomorrow evening to go scout a person's house to confirm the arrowhead is in their possession. If we can intercept him or trail him we can get a confirmation ourselves."

Everyone nodded in relief. If they could get the arrow before J&J could get their hands on it it would stop them in their tracks and hopefully they can use the arrow to find a way to get them off their backs for good. Aaryn smiled, "Excellent. Let's keep this quiet then. If we do get in a fight though it would probably be best I am along to provide cover." Lucy nodded in agreement, "Good thinking. I already believe that I volunteer to go as well. If I get close enough we could see what his results are." Everyone else nodded in agreement having no qualms with the 2 going out. The rest of the night was spent planning a route and where to hide to watch the man. The next day they spent in class normally and stayed separate from each other to keep any suspicions down.

When night fell Lucy arrived at Aaryns dorm and knocked on the door to his room. Evan answered and invited her in, "Ah! Lucy! Come in! Aaryn is just finishing getting ready." Lucy nodded and entered the room. She couldn't help but have her mind wander to the male smell of the room but shelved it away as Aaryn quickly walked out of his closet. It was strange seeing him out of his signature hoodie worshipping the Cleveland Browns but seeing him in black jeans and t-shirt wasn't horrible as well. "Sorry!" he quickly said, "I wasn't expecting you to be here so soon!"

"It's alright. We got plenty of time still."

The 2 went over their supplies and plan in case they got caught and had to fight. Alexander would be nearby with a radio at hand to steal their enemies' stand if they needed to. Afterward, they bid farewell to Evan, who wished them luck and went on their way to the rendevous point. On the way they went and grabbed dinner, playing the evening as if they were just a couple of college students out for some fun in the evening. Eventually making their way to a building which rumored would give them a good view of the man and his scouting. They sat down beneath the rooftop wall and began waiting for their chagrin to pass by. Sitting down Lucy took out a pair of binoculars and took a look down the street, "nothing so far..." She handed the binoculars to Aaryn who took them and took a look himself, "I wonder what'll happen if we find out this guy actually has the arrow? I mean...how realistic is it these guys will agree to stay off our backs by us basically holding it hostage? I don't see how they wouldn't just redouble their efforts."

Lucy nodded, "I don't know that myself and was wondering something similar. These people seem pretty determined to take out any possible obstacles to whatever goal they have in mind. But maybe we could hand it off to the Speedwagon Foundation. I think they would take excellent care of it."

"You sure know a lot of the Speedwagon Foundation. I always saw it as a charity."

Lucy shrugged, "My parents were both stand users. They both met working at the foundation in its more, unofficial business and married soon after." Aaryn nodded, "Do your parents still work there? Do you think they could help us?" 

Lucy shook her head, "My Dad was scheduled to go on a business trip to Italy to meet with another stand user named Jean-Pierre Polnareff. But was killed on duty fighting with the man against a foe named...named...ahh I don't remember his name but, after his death, my mom left the foundation soon after."

Aaryn sat down next to her, "I am sorry to hear that." Lucy waved in dismissal, "Don't be. I was very young when it happened, I barely even remember my father. Plus, I wouldn't have told you if I wasn't comfortable mentioning it." Aaryn nodded in understanding and the two sat in awkward silence for the next couple of minutes. Eventually, Aaryn decided to break the silence. "So you said both your parents were stand users? What kind of powers did they have?" Lucy smiled, "I believe my father could change the state of matter in some objects? He was primarily in research so I assume it would come in handy. My mom has a strange ability. One I only learned after she took me to visit the foundation to meet with a friend who was retiring. Apparently, her stand takes up an entire room and what it does it watches my mother and wherever she is that area suddenly has no gravity. It is only kept together because it uses its arms to keep her legs on the ground. But it can apparently allow her to walk on any surface and move in 360 degrees when she is inside a room." Lucy chuckled at that one. Aaryn did as well. "And then I was born and they didn't learn I had developed a stand until kindergarten when I came home with this peridot ring and suddenly could understand everything!" Looking over the balcony she says, "What about you?"

"Ah me? Me and Evan both accidentally poked ourselves with the first stand arrow and developed these stands. Haven't told my parents anything about this. Not that they would probably believe me." Lucy nodded, "My mom would kill me if she found out what I was doing."

The two fell silent once more, only having short bouts of small talk between checks of the binoculars. Aaryn was gazing down at the streets when he tapped Lucy's shoulder and pointed down onto the street. Lucy got up and looked below them. A man with a similar face to the man Alexander pointed out was walking away from where he was allegedly supposed to scout. He was whistling a small tune and seemed very happy. Both of them looked at each other and quickly packed what few belongings they set out then jumped down. Using Lounge Act to break their fall. "hurry." Lucy whispered, "We want his experiences still fresh to get the best results!" and they both ran in pursuit to get in range of the man.

To be continued...

0