Chpater 3: Both Sides Now pt. 2
85 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alexander lounged with「Money for Nothing」at Aaryn. The quick sidesteps gave Aaryn few options feeling the fight is already over before it even began Aaryn quickly just put his arms over his face to block to hopefully mitigate the beatdown he was about to receive. But instead of a punch to the face, he hears the sound of fists crashing upon fists. Cautiously looking up he is surprised to see a strange, ghostly figure right above him, blocking 「Money for Nothing」's blows. It quickly grabs the enemy stand's arm and with its other arm, punches「Money for Nothing」right in the face. Alexander's face as well feels the force of the blow as he is taken aback and recalls his stand.

Alexander quickly falls back to reassess the situation. Aaryn takes advantage of the time to tentatively stand up to face him as his...stand, rests next to him. It had large muscles, a streak of long red hair with purple stripes zig-zagging across its body like lightning. Its face determined and its fists were in the ready position for whatever next its owner had in mind. Alexander adjusts his glasses, "Hmm. Gazing upon the strength of the hits it would appear to be a close-range type stand, a range of no more than two meters rendering me safe from a distance. It can't just punch though, there is always a catch to those..." Alexander begins to furiously mumble to himself as Aaryn gazes towards Evan and Julian, Evan, still being a bit dazed from the first punch doesn't seem able to get up anytime soon and Julian was near defenseless in his current state leaving it up to Aaryn to end this.

Aaryn begins to step forward which finally catches Alexander's attention who jumps up, "Ha! You see you have a stand and suddenly think you're able to defeat anyone you wish?" Alexander fires a marble directly at Aaryn who quickly dodges out of the way with his stand...and is immediately sent careening into the back wall of the school, the momentum of the ball transferred to Aaryn. Alexander smirks, "You may have power but you have no skill...your defeat will be swift!" He advances with his stand and moves to punch Aaryn, Aaryn quickly jumps up and uses his stand to once again block the blows but as soon as his stands fists connect with「Money for Nothing」both stand and user completely fall through him. Aaryn instinctively capitalizes on this sudden advantage and punches Alexander straight in the face sending him careening backwards. Alexander quickly switches his momentum with that of a stray piece of stationary rubble, halting his movement and landing him safely on the ground.

"Fascinating," Alexander says, "It appears your stand has the ability to transform objects between states of opacity. But how is that possible..." He once begins to mumble to himself, rambling about hypotheses and reasonings as Aaryn examines his stand, "You know..." Aaryn begins, "What did you say that stands name was, 'Money for Nothing', 'Both Sides Now'?" He scratches his stubble a bit. "How about 「Lounge Act」 for mine? These...'stands' seem kinda cool. Think I'll name mine as well before I beat your ass." He begins to approach the crouching body of Alexander when suddenly, Alexander smirks and jumps up, "I HAVE IT!!" he exclaims triumphantly, "But now to test it-"

He quickly turns and deftly dodges 「Lounge Act」s blow and parries with 「Money for Nothing」. This time though the hits connect and Alexander is forced to fall back. Aaryn realizes that his stand is much quicker than 「Money for Nothing」but MFNs range provides Alexander a big advantage in this matchup. Almost as if on cue too Alexander pulls out a couple razors and scatters them on the floor. Pulling out a marble he flicks it in the air and a second later one of the razors flies up and Lounge Act is just barely able to block it with his arm. Aaryn grunts in pain and looks down to see his arm bleeding where the razor struck Lounge Act. The hit didn't hurt him as much as it should but it still injured him. He and his stand must be connected somehow. So he can't wield it like a suit of fighting armour. Alexander flicks the marble up twice more, each time another razor fires itself at Aaryn and Lounge Act. Expecting the attack, Lounge Act does better at dodging it but Aaryn still gets hit on his cheek and starts bleeding as well.

Getting angry Aaryn slams Lounge Acts fists together and blindly charges Alexander, Razors fly up, but they fly through Aaryn and his stand like they aren't even there. Money for Nothing quickly moves in front to block Lounge Act but Lounge Acts speed and power allow it to go around MFNs defenses and land a solid punch. Knocking Alexander to the ground.

Aaryn approaches the downed Alexander, "You weren't so tough afterall. Ready to surrender or do you need a few more bruises to convince you?" Alexander simply shrugged and adjusted his glasses. "You are a good fighter Aaryn. But you have allowed me to grasp and understand the skills of your stand「Lounge Act」! Now unfortunately...you shall lose as you bear witness to my stands power! 「Both Sides Now」! Activate!" When he said that the appearance of 「Money for Nothing」melted away before Aaryns eyes. In its place was a glop of silvery goop with 2 bulbous eyes looking up at him. Aaryn was confused, this looked nearly harmless. But just a second later Aaryn felt the distance between him and Lounge Act grow, quickly going to finish off Alexander Aaryn tried to punch his downed opponent but a large shockwave threw him backwards into the wall. When he regained his senses he saw Alexander standing triumphantly before him. Aaryn grunted in frustration and went to resummon Lounge Act but felt that he couldn't...why is that? Why can't he summon his stand anymore? Did he accidentally kill it? Can you kill it? Oh wait...didn't Julian say that Alexander stand can-

Aaryn cannot finish that thought before「Lounge Act」punches him in the face and everything goes black...

Aaryn...Aaryn you alright mate? Aaryn opened his eyes to both Evan and Julian standing over him. He groggily stands up and surveys the surroundings. The remains of battle still litter the back of the mathematics building. Holes left my the marble impacts, some stones got overturned from the shockwave. It all starts coming back to Aaryn now, his fight with Alexander! He attempts to summon his stand, "It won't work my friend. Alexander already stole it. There's nothing you can do about it now except try and get it back. Luckily it appears he can only steal 1 stand at a time so I have mine back and Evan seems to be back on his feet so with 2 Stand Users this should be much easier! It's only been a couple of minutes. If you feel you can walk we may still have time to catch him! I believe he was making his way towards the Train Station. If he manages to leave town I doubt there would be much we can do then to get your stand back!"

Aaryn got about half of that but he understood enough the sense of urgency and nodded his head he began walking forward again but the  force of the punch must've given him a concussion or something cause he almost immediately fell back over. "Damnit! Evan! Are you able to use your stand to help Aaryn run with us?"

Evan who, during this time was keeping lookout turned around a smiled, "Sure can do! 「Crazy You」! Go!" and out from his chest sprouted out a tiny doll-like stand holding what appeared to be two maracas. The small stand danced around for a bit before jumping onto Aaryn with a little "Aha"! and falling on his head. Aaryn suddenly felt this wave of relief wash over him, the pain was gone but he suddenly felt as if he couldn't move any of his muscles. Looking at Evan, he gave an apologetic smile. "It appears my stand has the ability to inhabit certain objects and bring...life into them. I can put them in a person and control their movements or freeze them in place. Or it can inhabit inanimate objects and kinda...bring them to life." Considering the explanation satisfactory Aaryn nods and together the 3 men rush with all speed to the train station.

~~To be Continued...

2