Chapter 5: Out of the frying pan…
36 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aaryn sat in the common area with Julian and Evan. All 3 working on various assessments and homework for their respective classes. All 3 friends were finished with their classes for the day and it was a good evening so they decided to meet up to work on some assignments. "Do you know how to figure out this problem Julian?" Aaryn asks his friend. Julian cranes his head over the table to look at the problem Aaryn is referencing, "I haven't reached that far yet with my homework." He thinks for a second, "I don't know how to do that one right now. It does sure look confusing." He looks back to his own assignments.

Aaryn shrugged and did a quick google search to figure out how to solve it. "We are going to Alcatraz tomorrow right?" Evan asks the group. "Ahhhh! Sorry, something came up in the family so I will have to cancel!" Julian exclaimed apologetically. "That's alright. Aaryn how about you? We already got the tickets. May as well still go see the sights." Evan asked turning to Aaryn, "Sure, nothing came up for me. Let's go." 

Nodding in agreement they finished their assignments and left for the day. Walking back to their homes they decided to stop and grab a bite of pizza at a place called Lorenzos's. An Italian restaurant that recently opened up a new shop in San Francisco. They all agreed it was the best Pizza in the country and so made it their unofficial resting place after school. "Yo, Lorenzo. Any Margheritas today?" Julian asks excitedly. "Ah, buon giorno my friends!" Lorenzo answered, an older Italian man he quickly befriended the 3 regulars to his shop and began to help them with many college and social problems they may have. He may be a bit out of touch with young children but his advice was always appreciated, "I have a Margherita pizza in the oven! Just wait a minute!" The 3 of them take a seat at the bar and wait for the food. A few minutes later Lorenzo returns with 3 slices of Margherita pizza. "Thanks, Lorenzo. You're the best!" All the 3 of them exclaimed and dug in. 

The pizza was delicious and after they thanked Lorenzo for the food left and continued home. Saying their goodbyes Julian went back to his place and Aaryn and Evan went back to theirs to prepare for a trip to Alcatraz tomorrow. 

The next day Aaryn and Evan sat on the ferry that would take them to Alcatraz Island, Evan was taking selfies with his phone and uploading them to social media, Aaryn was simply watching the city recede and the famous prison island comes closer. When the ferry arrived and they got off Evan breathed in, "aaaahh! Smell the fresh sea air!" he takes out his phone again and starts taking pictures and Aaryn began listening to the tour guide explain the history of the place and the various features around it.

"Hello everyone! My name is John and I'll be your tour guide today! We will start our adventure here in the Gardens..." the friends followed the group along the tour of the Island and saw many of the great sights around it. Eventually, they arrived at the exhibit room where they could grab food and purchase souvenirs, "Yo I wonder if they got any souvenirs of the Anglin Brothers." Evan exclaimed, "Why would they have souvenirs of the people who escaped their prison? Really helps promotes the 'impossible-to-break-out' reputation of the place." Aaryn retorts.

Both gentlemen looked around the shop and decided to buy some souvenirs for Julian so he could still get something out of the trip. On their way back. "Let's get something to drink real quick before we head out," Aaryn said pointing to a man running concessions. They both walk up to the man, "Welcome! What can I get you two for today?"

"Two iced teas please," Evan said. "And two hot dogs," Aaryn finished. 

The man smiled and poured the iced teas, handing it to them to drink while he made the hotdogs, "Excuse gentlemen," the vendor calls out to Evan and Aaryn, they both look up at the man. "I need some help here real quick to grab some supplies from storage. If you help me I'll pay for the items you got there. Aaryn and Evan looked at each other, "Hey, it's free stuff. If it's just carrying some boxes I say let's do it." Aaryn says, Evan nods in agreement and the 2 of them stand up to go and help the man. The man leads them outside right behind the kitchens and leads them to a cellar. He takes them down and hands them a few bags of frozen fries and bread. The man himself grabs a box labeled "cups". He leads them back up and to the stand and sets them down. "Alright one more trip!" The Vender then brought them back to the cellar to grab the last boxes. When they came down to the cellar the vender leads them to a side door that they didn't notice before. "Right this way please!" the vender exclaims. Opening the door to this other room, Aaryn and Evan walk inside to find various electronic equipment, shackles, and...Alexander!? The man they beat up just a couple weeks was standing there in the middle of the room. He adjusted his glasses and gave a very tentative smile. Aaryn and Evan were immediately on guard but before they could do anything Alexander quickly held out his hands waving at them to stand down. "No please! I do not recommend doing that! This will be much easier if you just come quietly! Remember I still know what your stand does. I can just steal it and then we would right back where we started...with just a few more bruises. Plus the man behind is a Stand User as well. No matter what this won't be good for you." Alexanders voice had taken on an entirely new tone since they last saw him. The confidence and power they previously saw in him was replaced with a crouched, concerned man. He held no power in his voice and seemed to be more pleading with them than anything. The man behind them pushed the 2 men forward. "He's right. No use in fightin'!" closing the door behind him and locking it they quickly realize that Alexander may be right. Aaryn for sure couldn't see a way out of this with out getting seriously injured and perhaps if they stalled by feigning cooperation something would come up that would aide them. Staring daggers at Alexander Aaryn and Evan walk towards the shakles. Alexander apologeticlly puts the shackles on them and chain them to that corner of the room standing back then he summons  Both Sides Now which keeps watch over the two with its 2 bulbous eyes.

Alexander then walks over to the Vender and the 2 start talking to each other in hushed voices. Neither man can hear what they are saying but Evan is looking around. Clearly seeing if there was something Crazy You could grab but both knew if that happened Alexander would just steal Crazy You and that'd just make the situation all the worse. Sighing they watched as their captors fiddled with the equipment they had. "So uhhh...Evan. Any ideas?"

To be continued...

0