The Continent of Nomads
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Gayedohi Gadohi or nomad land which is the name of the continent where this story is based, first named by the many settlers who first arrived,  on the eastern shore where the largest costal city is currently. The seaside city of Trinity shores, was named for the three ships that had dropped off the first settlers and the multi race pact that lead to the voyage seeking new lands and resources.  The purpose of the pact was to prevent wars over resources or land by the sapient races and opened trade as well as sponsoring expositions to new lands. While discovering new lands the pact also made sure to make protective arrangements for any sapient races that already resided in newly discovered lands and added them in to the pact as long as they are willing to participate. All participants of the pact had to send workforce on exploration voyages whenever a vast shortage of resources hit the major continents and if a supply has already been discovered then the workforce will be dispatched to the location in order to prevent war over the demand of resources. The dungeons of this world would often spawn various valuable resources but occasionally they would stop generating a resource or will change the resources it produces, the cause of which is still hard to determine; children of the dungeons have been able to provide information but the causes seems to vary from one dungeon to another. Deeper dungeons and unexplored dungeons have been found to have more valuable resources but deeper dungeons are more dangerous and tend to have attributes that can cause death simply by being exposed too long as well as various other bizarre characteristics one even being recorded to cause people to unknowingly turn around and leave exactly from where they had gone in from and leaving them in a confused state. Due to the limitations of delving deeper the remaining option of finding new lands and their untapped dungeon resources became the solution that the major sapient races had decided upon. The newly discovered continent was a treasure trove of resources and the lack of a clear sapient race made it an ideal location for them to harvest from and proved beneficial to them all. Those sent to harvest resources were usually those living in poverty and occasionally the somewhat richer who would orchestrate the workforce. The seaport city was for a long time the only fully established city where as small way point towns would rise and fall depending upon the dungeons present in various areas. The dungeons being untapped could end up having drastic fluctuations that have various results anywhere from rapidly being depleted and not respawning new resources or the dungeon suddenly spawning hostile monsters in massive quantities as a form of retaliation. Over several decades as the dungeon divers discovered stable dungeons more permanent settlements developed and roads connecting them were firmly established. Despite some permanent locations being made most of the dungeon divers remained nomadic while other occupations took root creating a separation between people. Adventures rise in to three different groups, stationed adventures staying in a general area and do a mix of dungeon diving and surface exploration/hunting/gathering requests. The other two groups were nomadic but were separated by those who could only handle surface requests and those who could handle the more dangerous dungeon diving; despite their distinctive group differences the common folk referred to them all as adventurers and they would call the quest as surface or dungeon quest on individual cases. 
the individuals who would work as adventures received requests for particular resources as needed and the requests would be given to locations that the resources would be found, anything from types of ores or plants of some sort to mana crystals and even dungeon monsters, dead or even alive, these resources would be gathered as requested to meet the demands. 
One of the greater phenomenons that was particularly recognized in the first several years of occupation of the continent was the alignment of the multiple moons and their orbital paths, some moons would not be seen by one or another continent but all nine moons could be seen from this one no matter where and the special effects they have on the world was also stronger than anywhere else. 
The largest moon Massisur whose silver- bluish light brings a calming and or soothing effect for most living creatures regardless of flora or fawna classification, having more drastic effect especially when clashing moons effects aren’t present. 
The dwarves patron moon, Oremine, whose pale light brown glow heightens the earth element mana and strengthens those who have higher compatibility with said mana, effects don’t require direct exposer to the moon light and last longer than before.
The elves patron moon, Serine, whose light blue-green lumination  encouraged growth and rejuvenation of all who aligned with the water, wind, and nature elements and mana, found to prevent rot in plant life as long as it is alive and increasing recovery rates in both flora and fauna that have aligned mana types, recovery includes physical damage/wounds as well as poison exposure.
The humans patron moon, Cristen, whose creamish light has been found to stimulate thought and have been blamed for many inventors and artists sleepless nights creating new works till the break of dawn, extra clarity and calmness has been observed throughout the inspired thoughts and has lead to better rational understanding and processing.
The beast folks patron moon, hunters moon, moon of the hunt, blood moon, Crimson, Carnivori, whose many names as it suggests is lit up bright to deep red depending upon the rotation and season, and is known to stir up predators granting increased strength, stamina and improved eyesight and coordination; for non predatory individuals heightened awareness of predators and better reaction time, all were found to have enhanced effect on particular individuals while others seemed to be the same while others discovered that they were no longer affected by it anymore.
The sister moons who are rarely seen without each other, Luminous and Glow, who both have a pale light when full but are speckled in blue-green and green-blue  glowing crystals that distinguish them apart from all of the other moons as they are never really dark and always produce some sort of light; there effect is also shared and is only present when both can be seen, increasing mana of all common types, mana flow seems to be increased and becomes more profound the closer the sister moons are to each other.
The smallest moon, Remanent, whose gradual ever changing color has been a wonder to many and is related to magic mystery and all that is whimsical,  it’s effects are often masked by the other moons and is believed to change just as its color changes, is nicknamed the fickle moon child, strange things seem to happen more frequently than normal when this moon is at its highest and is blamed for anything out of the ordinary happening. 
And the final moon that is the second largest and yet one of the dullest moons, Behemoth, thought to represent the great beast, such as dragons, it’s slow progress across the sky means that when it comes into view it will take several months before it goes out of sight again and will then sometimes take years before it comes back around and into view again, it is one of the moons that can be seen from all of the greater continents, the great beast seem to have improved fertility while this moon is present but it hasn’t really been confirmed due to many factors. 
Another phenomenon would be the the floating islands that could be found throughout the world, particularly toward the central area  of the continent the floating islands seem to avoid going over certain areas and actually have their direction of movement altered or even reversed as if being pushed aside or back from where it came, another thing relating to the floating islands would have to be the fact that though many individuals who can fly including the greater beast are unable to access the islands while within sight of the continent and those who were on the islands before going over the continent are unable to recall what happened when it moves back away from the continent even those who had tried to write notes in hopes that they would be able to use the notes to help remember what happened had various issues arise,  the notes that would start out clear and legible would progressively become sloppy and increasingly difficult to understand until it became completely illegible! Others would suddenly stop writing for some unknown reason and yet other individuals would miss place or lose the notes, one fellow had also been found to have apparently eaten both the notes and his writing utensils and was just as confounded as anyone else about him having done so!
A few others who attempted to keep magical communication seemed to fall asleep in a hibernation like state their last communication mentioned that they were getting tired and upon their return they claimed that they felt that they had nodded off for only a moment. Until new methods are discovered that might yield results, the attempts to discover the phenomenon occurring with the floating islands when they approach the continent will unfortunately have to be postponed.
0