Chapter 1: World Change
50 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Why was a system created to differentiate between a poor and rich?

Strong and weak, why were they created? Who made it? And why he made it?

Was it really required to know who was stronger and weaker?

Which one had more and least money?

Since even before the beginning of life, that kind of system already existed. There were bigger and smaller stars, and which one was emitting more luster. Everything in the Universe fell in that system.

Everything would be categorized as the Top and Bottom.

Who were the strongest and the weakest!

And in the modern day, for a teenager like Mawi Hellios, it was usual day. He was categorized by the society an ugly and incompetent person. He was being ridiculed because of it to the point where even his parents agreed to what they were saying.

He was living like a piece of trash. Literally!

Although he acted like he doesn’t give a fuck about what they were saying and doing to him, he was actually aware about all of it. However, all he did was endured it silently. He could never have a heart to fight.

What could an ordinary… or maybe under average teenager like him can do? He was certain that his parents won’t give a fuck about his well being if he tried to fight them back.

While sitting on the edge of the school building’s rooftop, Mawi couldn’t stop himself from cursing, “Fuck. What kind of life do I have?”

“Haha, I felt worthless than piece of shit on the road.”

“I guess it will be better off when I’m dead…” Along with that line of thought, Mawi forcedly shook his head before muttering.

“Why should I die? What did I do wrong? Damn, they should be the one must die! Hell, I won’t care even if the world suddenly explodes.”

When he ended that, he stared at the ground where he saw the students like him who were laughing around, seemingly having fun with their lives. Compared to him, his life was so pathetic.

“Tsk!” Mawi clicked his tongue when his line of vision meets one of the students on the ground who smiled at him with ill-intention. It was Glen, one of the school bullies.

Glen who was surrounded by his lackeys stopped talking to them and stared at Mawi before shouting, saying. “Hey! What are you doing up there weirdo? Get down here and buy me snacks!”

With Glen’s loud voice, the students around also discovered Mawi on the rooftop as they murmured, “Oh, Glen’s on it again.”

“What a poor kid. That Mawi should transfer to another school.”

“Ha… What can you say? It’s his fault to get in Glen’s eyes.”

“Shh, let’s go. Don’t you guys dare to pity that guy! We can’t get on Glen’s bad side.”  

Upon hearing Glen’s voice, Mawi could only clenched his fist and obey him. If he did not, he was certain to get beaten up like what happened back then. As he was about to stood up from his position, a deafening explosion occurred miles away from his location which followed by waves of blue smoke that passed around the planet.

It was then quickly followed up by massive earthquake of the entire planet!

However, it did not end at that, tsunamis, volcanic eruption was happening around the planet!

Mawi who was at the rooftop of the school building when the sudden explosion and earthquake happened could only crawl on the floor. He could not do a thing as his mind went blank the instant the explosion occurred.

As the ground shakes intensely, cracks began to appear around the planet. Mawi who was praying to whatever God that he hoped could possibly hear him could also hear the screams of the students and teachers on the ground.

“W-What is happening!?”

“Is this the end of the world!?”

“Arghhh! Help me, my feet is stuck!”

Screams and cries filled the school area as some students was unfortunately stuck in the debris of the fallen buildings that caused by explosion and earthquake.

A large change in the world’s system began unbeknownst to the mankind!

After unknown amount of time, the whole planet eventually fell silent as the apocalypse happening around the planet finally ended.

After a few moments of silence, Mawi who was curling on the floor slowly stood up while silently thanking whoever the engineer of the school main building as it did not collapsed despite the intense earthquake.

“What in the world…”

Mawi could not continue his words when he saw the surrounding of the school area… No! The place where the school area should be was now turned to a green forest with ruined buildings.

Mawi was shocked when he discovered the green forest that covered as far as his eyes could see.

How could something like this happen!? It was too illogical!

Was it possible that after a huge earthquake a forest would sprout out of the ground!?

He could not believe in what he was seeing. However, Mawi could not find a single reason to deny that what was in front of him was not real. Even if someone tells him that it was all a dream he won’t believe on that person.

Hell, how could this be a dream? He could hear the sound of birds chirping around the forest as though they were living in this forest for ages.

While still Mawi was wondering in shock, a sudden window panel appeared before his eyes.

[Cosmos System implementing completed!]

[Congratulations to all the survivors. You all have been awarded basic necessities and additional reward.]

[Pick one as your additional reward;

  1. Unique Item
  2. Rare Skill
  3. Change to Unique Job]

Mawi read from the top to the bottom. At first he was gaping, not because of shock but of disbelief. Earlier he thought to himself that he won’t mind even if this world explodes. However, he immediately apologized on whoever heard him.

But then, when he saw the appearance of the window panel and read the messages on it, his regret turned to gratefulness. He, who loves to read fantasy novels, knew what was happening although not entirely but he already have an idea.

Mawi then shook his head when different thoughts coursed in his mind. It was not the right time to over think. He must prepare himself on what may come in the future. He knew that a huge changed in the world has occurred. It could be disaster to them but not to him, as this could stand as his new starting point.

Now that the world changed, he could also change his life. Thus, Mawi put his focus in his front, on the additional reward.  He hadn’t checked the basic necessities reward yet.

As a fantasy novels reader and gamer himself, Mawi knew the importance of the three choices.

The first and second choices could be a game changer. However, the last choice was a fate changer itself. As everyone was at the beginning stage, and if he based the situation on a game, everyone was a Level-O with jobless character.

So, the most suited reward was the third choice. Unique Job!

With determined expression, Mawi clicked the third choice and few seconds later, an exquisite black card with question mark on it appeared before him.

[Activate to receive Unique Job Changer (Random)]

Although he somewhat expected this already, he was still slightly disappointed. It would be the best if he could choose his own Job. Nevertheless, Mawi did not waste more time and activated the card.

Swish~

The card began to spin with a quick speed vertically. After a few moments, it eventually stopped and a Joker designed card appeared in his front.

[You’ve received a Joker Job. Do you wish to change to it?]

“What kind of shit Job is this? Does it want me to be a comedian!?”

Mawi couldn’t stop himself from grumbling when he saw the job he received. He does not have any clue about the Joker job. It was his first time he ever heard about this job. He was utterly clueless.

While the window panel was still hovering before him, Mawi entered a deep thought. He was considering if he should change to the Joker Job or just stay jobless for the time being. He knew the importance of the job, so he could not recklessly decided about stuffs that could affect his future.

Yet, after a short contemplation, Mawi decided.

“If I want to change myself I should start taking a risk. If I want to be something, I should take a different path than everyone else!”

Hence, with stoic expression but determined eyes, Mawi accepted and changed to the Joker Job.

The moment he accepted it, a bright light enveloped his entire body from head to toe as a warm a feeling invaded his body. It was though he was bathing in warm water.

[You’ve successfully changed into a Joker!]

 

 

 

I guess I'll be set on this new project. Sorry that I can't continue my previous works. But you can expect daily chapter. Thank you in advance support!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4