Epilogue
655 20 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When you learned to appreciate life, your perception of time seemed to change. Where I had once allowed weeks to blur together, I now embraced every day with such energy and vigour.

With that kind of outlook on things, the last seven months had felt like a brand-new lifetime to live, enjoy, and experience.

It helped immensely that I had also found some great people to share it with.

“So where are we heading today?” I asked, preening another leaf off of the plant I was currently grooming.

Sara flipped open her manifest, rifling through the pages. “Got a job offer to haul an iron-rich asteroid from Saturn’s rings to Mimas. Got another to bring a water-rich asteroid to Titan. And a third to haul an aluminum-rich asteroid to Hyperion.”

“What are they even doing at Hyperion?” Selena asked, walking into the room with five packets of coffee.

“Apparently some rich fucks on Earth want to turn her into a generational ship,” Taylor said. “Paying out the ass to haul supplies to her.”

Selena tossed a packet to myself and Sara before handing the third to Taylor. She then walked towards a console off to the side of the cabin.

“Didn’t they already try this was Phoebes,” I asked. “Isn’t that why Mars has its own ring system nowadays?”

“They think Hyperion will have better structural integrity,” Taylor said, shrugging her shoulders. “Doubt any of the investors will actually live to see it finished.”

Selena placed a packet of coffee upon the console’s keyboard before taking a sip from her own.

Elliot’s light brightened. “Thank you, Selena.”

“No problem, hun,” Selena said, briefly stroking the interface before making her way over to the rest of us. “So where do you think we should go, Elliot?”

“The Hyperion contact is paying a premium,” they said. “So why not work smarter instead of harder?”

Sara nodded. “Right. So, Hyperion it is?”

She looked at us and we all nodded in agreement.


Visit my Website if you Want to Find Ways to Support me and my Work

53