Prologue: Old Tales And New Odysseys
21 2 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In a dimly lighted room illuminated only by the moon light seeping from the balcony, a ghastly figure could be seen. That figure wasn't stand on the rugged floor but floating in middle air and at was stirring at something on the carpet. 


It's color was that of dark red and it tant the very air around it. It seeps out from a body that lay motionless face down, the body was in good shape aside from one red blade that is stabbed into the persons heart. 


The ghastly figure raise it's hand above the blades handles and the blade starts to dissolved into red liquid. 


The red liquid was similar to that of blood but it's much more than simple blood. It let out an aura of dread, hate and pain, almost as is it's alive and suffering. Than the blood from the man started to float up to the figures palm as well and fuse with the red liquid. 


When this happened the coat the figure was wearing started to fly as if it's on a windy day towards the now spherical blood ball. The figure than guided the sphere into his chest which is absorb into it. 


It turnes back towards the balcony and look at the bright full moon thinking about everything it has done. The figure than close it's eyes and disppear like a gush of wind into the night sky never to be heard from again. This figure was renown around the world, it's name: Reaper. An infamous assassin that kills for unknown reason, Reaper takes it's prays life before they could even react, so swift and silent that one wouldn't even know if they die by It's hands. 


-------5 Hour Later------- 


"Detective Cornel, the victim this time is 27 year old, Donald Sender" a well dress man said to another who was sitting in a desk looking over pictures of the cases. 


"Denial" the man named Cornel called out for his assistant "you remember 4 years ago?" 


"The year where many Naturals died for heart failure?" 


"Yes that year, I've been investigating their deaths for the pass 3 years and i got new information that may have cracked the case" 


"Sir?" 


"Our newest member, Sara, have made a discovery when we were looking at the victims bodys" he grab a remote that was sitting on his desk and click the power on button "it all started with Sherman the greatest hero to ever live, it's odd how one of the most powerful person died without even a single evident of resistance" their was an screen that showed a died body laying in a lab "Sara, well examining it found out he has no soul" 


"So the Reaper was behind the 4 year old case" he ask. To his knowledge only the Reaper can do such a thing. 


"No" 


"?" 


"The Reaper is much more cruel and bold" 


"What are you getting at sir?" 


"This is whole another beast, and unlike The Reaper we're after, it can take a life without leaving any trace" 


"So we have another killer to track down" 


"Yes, but this will be harder to than anything we done and we are likely to die like many of those Naturals" the thought made Denial take a step back and grop down a mouthful of saliva. 


As they were considering if they should go after the Real Reaper, there was a knock on the door "Sir," a woman voice who they both know was Sara said from behind the close door. 


"Come in" 


"Sir, i was going through victims camera trying to scrap up any evidence i could get and i found this!" In her arms was a computer with a video on pause. She rans up to the desk and Denial follow to see the video.

It was a big bed room with a buff man sleeping soundly on a kig size bed. "Se'ro" Denial muttered, the name of an Natural who lived in Mexico, his life was clamed along with many 4 years ago. 


Saying that the screen started to flicker as if saying something is trying to interfere with it but luckily it was still recording. Than an shadow crawled from under the door, there were no window so that was only way in, but the way the thing entered ran shiver up their spines. 


The darkness covered everything in the room blocking out the cemera not allowing us the see. "What was that?" Cornel asked 


"It's not over" Sara said as she flash forward the video, and as she does a face could be seen in the abyss but it was to faint and dark for them to notice. After a few second after fast forwarding the Darkness fell away allow them to see. 


Someone in a coat that had burned edges was standing in the darkness. The darkness started to contact towards the figure until their was non of it left in the room. 


The figure hold his palm up and a thin circle appear but quickly it moved to it's side, another circle than appear next to it. The figure reach it's black cover hand into the first circle and it was swallowed by the abyss inside the circle. 


When it reached in another hand reached out from the second circle like a portal. The second portal with the hand sticking out moved along with the hand. It was like a child playing with a new toy try to do new things with it. 


The figure than created another portal and floated it around him before retracting his hand and reinserting back. This time from both the second and third, a hand reached out. 


It repeated it with 4 5 6 up to 31 portals until it stopped and deactivated all the portal and created a large one and stepped into it leaving the room. 


"That ability wasn't it Se'ro?" They had an record of every Natural and Se'ro's power was exactly what the figure was showing 


"He can take others ability" Cornel said baffled. 


"Yes" Sara confirmed 


"Than all the Naturals that die, all feeds into him" Denial mutteds with shaking voice 


"He may be the most powerful person in on earth than" Cornel who never looked or sounded worry was frightened 


"But luckily his cases stopped after only a year, after that he never had any signs of appearing" 


"His coat, doesn't it look or feel like Reaper's?" Denial pointed out 


"Didn't Reaper only appear two years ago?" Sara was confused by the fact. 


Than Cornel came to a realization "No this isn't Reaper it The Reaper, Reaper was only trying to imitate him" 


"So the one we are chasing is a fake!?" 


"It seems like it" 


------------ 


"Father" in the highest room of an organization building i was face to face with my father, Christen Athans. 


"yawwnnn!" He woke up earlier than usual but why did he have to wake me up? 


"Son" he called me with tried and worn out eyes "tomorrow we will be attending a ball" 


"Ball? That's rare who's organizing it?" I stretched and moved my fingers around, red strings were embedded into my arm and moved around with every muscle. 


"Reborn" hearing that my eyes shoot at my father, Reborn an infamous company, for them to come here they are probably aiming for mother again. 


"You want me to guard mother?" I ask in a almost demanding tone. 


"No Sebastian" mothers voice came from the door, i turn around and saw here beautiful black hair and eyes. 


"Than how about i-" 


"No" Father rejected my idea "that will only give them more reason to attack" 


"Than what should i do?" 


"Nothing" Mother answered 


"What do you mean do nothing?!" If i don't act she might really be kidnapped. 


"Sebastian" in a sad tone she walks towards me and touch my face "when i got word you had made a friend in school, i was beyond joyed" did Ned have something to do with this? "For you to accept him as a friend you must really trust him" i trust him enough, but you two are far beyond him "that's why we were hoping for you to stay in his care for a while" 


"What!? What about you two?! if iam not there than than-" 


"Son, i know you care deeply for us" i do care deeply for you so that's more reason i can't abandon you two to those insane Basturds "but we also care for you too, that's why we prioritize your safety above ours" 


"What bullshit is that father!?" I couldn't believe it, if your going to let me escape than go with me as well 


To defuse me mother told me in a light tone "We won't ever lie to you Sabastian, we will be AOK now just spend the weekend with your friend, Ned Coldwalker was it?" 


"But-" 


"Son please show us that you can follow our wishes" even father. 


Like me i knew they were stubborn, if i can't outnumber them than theirs no hope in changing their thought "Yes" i hang my head down and walk out to my room to make a phone call. 


------------------------ 


"Ring, ring" a phone face down rings out a melody that cause it to vibrates and move closer to the edge. It sits on a table next to a small bed and there sleep a boy with a blanket covering his whole body. 


He sluggishly move his arm from under the blanket to grab his phone revealing his white albino skin. The cover slip off his head to reveal white hair and two red eyes that stood out in the dark as if it is giving off light. 


Lifting up his phone reflecting on it was his face with half his eye opened. Opening it a bright screen blinded him but after a while his eyes readjusted to reveal a picture of shining gold stack in a pile. 


Putting in the password the picture of an handsome black haired and eyed boy fulled the screen with three circles. 


Double tapping the green he answered the call "hey Sebastian" the boy said yawning. 


"Hey Ned" the voice sounded worried and hesitate "can i ask you for a favor?" He ask 


"Yes what is it?" It was to early in the morning for the boy, Ned, to have a long talk about something he believes is trivial. 


"Can i stay at your house for the weekend?" It was to sudden for Ned to comperhand, they had been friends for more than a year but they never had a sleep over. 


"Won't your parents worry about you staying for more than an hour?" Ned has the image of Sebastian's parents as overly protective of their only child. 


"We'll this was actually their idea" 


Ned wanted to ask what brought up this sudden change in idea but he didn't have the energy to discuss it properly so he just said "if they are fine with it than sure, my family will welcome you with open arms" 


"I see than" he paused for a moment before finishing with "thank you, I'll see you at school" even if he said that, this was going to be the late day of school for them before break. 


"Yea" Sebastian close the chat and Ned just shut his phone and started to fall asleep again. But he never got the chance because an cold water drop hit his ear, waking him up with a jump. He looks up to find the whole ceiling was fulled with icicles dripping with water.

0