3 – Trouble Arrives
2.3k 7 89
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

10 days later.

 

Inside a courtyard, the girl danced, although each movement was still a little clunky, there was a little bit of graceful air to it as she danced about.

 

Her qi moved along with her arms, her legs, all the way down to the movement of her fingers, as if it were a maiden dancing in the middle of a field of flowers.

 

‘Left, spin, move hips, raise arm….’

 

Soon she finally finished an entire set when she felt something activate, a warm energy from the surroundings entered into her, causing her to feel like she had sunk into a hot warm bath.

 

‘So this is Qi.’

 

“Continue!” Her Dad shouted from the side, he had appeared before she had noticed.

 

Following his instructions, she continued the dance, finishing another rotation before stopping.

 

It wasn’t that she didn’t want to continue, but her body was a little too exhausted. 

 

She turned to her Dad with flushed cheeks. “I did it!”

 

Her Dad nodded and clapped before walking forward to pat her head.

 

The two then went back inside the house. Liulin Li decided to take it easy today and just laze around.

 

Seeing her appearance, her Dad sighed. To learn it in 10 days is a little fast. “Xiao Li, you're currently only on the small success stage. You still have a long way to go before fully mastering it and performing a ‘fire dance’.” Not wanting her to be complacent, he warned her.

 

She nodded. Her technique was still imperfect, and there were a lot of variations where she needed to practice on. The best place was a killing array near the foot of the mountain, where you could fight illusions of magic beasts or people.

 

“Can I go down the mountain?”

 

Her Dad nodded. “I’ll take you down tomorrow, however, your dad won’t have enough time to take you back up. Also, do you still have your storage pouch?”

 

Hearing that term Liulin Li remembered about it. They were tools like storage rings, only this one was a lot smaller, and could store only around a cubic meter of stuff.

 

“I haven’t seen it….” It looks like Gu Xuemei had stolen it as well.

 

Luilin Hong sighed before taking out another bag. “I had thought so, which is why I prepared another one.”

 

Liulin Li curiously retrieved it before sending her qi inside as a bunch of objects appeared in her mind. There were 3 types of items inside. A pile of stones, a white outfit with purple lines, and a badge with the word ‘main’ on one side and her name engraved on the other.

 

The first was spirit stones, although she didn’t know the grade of them. The second was a uniform for inner disciples. While the last was a badge that not only proved your identity, but also stored your contribution points.

 

She took the badge out first before placing it on her forehead. 

 

0

 

“...” It was understandable since it was a new badge, but if I recalled, these badges usually have a tracker on them. Then how come they still haven’t found my old badge if it's with Gu Xuemei. 

 

“Don’t they have a tracker on them?”

 

Hearing her question, the patriarch coughed while feeling cold sweat. ‘My daughter is sharp on some levels.’ He also felt it strange that she could remember some stuff and not others. But perhaps it was part of amnesia? 

 

“Treat it like a test.” He pulled his backup plan. They indeed had found her badge, but he decided not to add any points into it. The reason being, he couldn’t spoil her forever. Even if she got scammed, perhaps it would be a good life lesson.

***

The next day, her dad brought her down the mountain before flying away. Although to say it was down the mountain wasn’t exactly correct, as it was a floating island located in between all 5 peaks in a pentagon shape.

 

The poor girl had hugged her Dad the entire time, while her legs became jelly while hoping she didn’t fall. It couldn’t be helped, they were really high in the sky.

 

The sect wasn’t called the fleeting cloud sect for no reason.

 

Attached to each side was a large chain that coiled around the body of the mountain peaks.

 

If one wanted to return to the peaks, they either had to fly, or climb those chains yourself.

 

“...” Dad, isn’t the test a little too hard…. 

 

‘My time would be better spent getting rid of my fear of heights.’ Tears had formed in the corner of her eyes. 

 

She had forgotten that even if she found the killing array, she had no points to use it. 

 

“Isn’t that Liulin Li? Although something is different about her style.” Her hair was currently bundled behind her with a hairpin, forming a bun with a ponytail sticking out of it that flowed downwards.

 

She had also changed into the outfit similar to her Dad’s. Only a badge hung from her waist along with her storage bag.

 

“Wasn’t her cultivation wasted? How can she walk around?”

 

“She’s still an inner disciple?”

 

“Of course, her Father’s the patriarch.” 

 

People began to notice her existence as they began to gossip about her, causing her to feel slightly embarrassed for being the center of attention.

 

“Hohoho,” 

 

Hearing a haughty laughter, Liulin Li turned around. Approaching her was a girl around 15, with golden hair curly hair and sharp eyes. She wore the same inner disciple outfit as her. Although unlike her, her storage pouch and badge were hung on her left wrist, while her right hand held onto a folding fan.

 

“To think that the fake Loli would have such days.”

 

“Sorry, but who are you?” 

 

Her expression froze before widening her eyes. 

 

“Y-you!” She placed a hand on her chest while pointing a finger at Liulin Li.

 

‘Although pointing her finger at me is a little rude, her reaction is refreshing so I’ll forgive her.’ 

 

“I lost my memories.” 

 

“...Are you serious?” The girl asked disbelievingly.

 

Liulin Li nodded. 

 

The girl then proceeded to laugh. “Hohoho, to think that even the Fake Loli has such days.” She repeated that line again. Although halfway, she began to laugh while holding her stomach, no longer using that hohoho phrase.

 

“...”

 

“Listen here, Luilin Li!” After fixing her posture, she slapped the fan on her hand. “My name is Xiao Yuejue, and you may not have remembered, but you were once my loyal lackey.”

 

‘As if I’ll believe that!

 

But that name was a little familiar….’ Liulin Li placed a hand on her chin. 

 

‘Ah, she wasn’t a cannon fodder, but she was almost a mob character! Let’s see, her father is the elder in charge of the disciplinary hall, while she herself is an alchemist. Unfortunately, her alchemic skills weren’t a match for harem candidate number 4, Wan Zhizhu.’

 

Aside from these, she never really appeared in the story.

 

“W-why are you looking at me like that?!” She stepped back while her cheeks became dyed red. “Just so you know, following this young miss has a lot of benefits. For example, I’m the richest person in this sect! No one has more contribution points than me.”

 

Liulin Li nodded repeatedly. 

 

“Do you know how to fly?” 

 

Xiao Yuejue rolled her eyes. “Isn’t that basic for Inner disciples.” She then made an ah face, as if she understood. “Right! You were crippled. Hohoho!”

 

Liulin Li nodded again. “En, I was crippled. That’s why can you help me?”

 

Xiao Yuejue nodded while fanning herself with her fan, causing her curly hair to appear like it was blown by the wind.

 

***

 

“Why am I doing this?!” Xiao Yuejue’s shout echoed across the air. She was currently sitting on a flying sword while Luilin Li was climbing the large chain.

 

“R-remember to catch me if I fall!” Her hands were sweaty while her legs were numb.

 

Although Xiao Yuejue’s was saying otherwise, she actually enjoyed doing this. Not only could she get some nice shots, she could also make fun of her rival.

 

Especially those tears on the corner of her eyes, as well as her shaking and that unsightly position. Perhaps in the future, she could use those to make fun of her. And if there were any suitors, she could show her these pictures as proof, scaring them away. That way she would remain single for the rest of her life.

 

“Hohoho.” Feeling proud of her plan, she fanned the fan around her as she crossed her leg.

 

“This is such a  nice view isn’t it.” 

 

Taking out a crystal, she aimed it at Liulin Li and began to take pictures of her.

 

“...” Liulin Li didn’t respond, as she slowly crawled her way up the chain. It was especially scary when she had to cross to another joint. 

 

Around half a day later, she had finally crossed half the chain. By now, Xiao Yuejue had gotten bored and wanted to fly away. However it wasn’t like she could leave Liuli Lin on the chain.

 

Since if she fell and if she was unlucky she would really die.

 

“Fake Loli, do you need help? My time is precious you know.” 

 

“No!” Liulin Li gritted her teeth. She had been stuck at the middle part of the chain for 30 minutes now, too scared to move.

 

Not only that, she was also tired. 

 

Although she felt like she should give up and have Xiao Yuejue carry her, for some reason she felt like it was a turning point. If she gave up here, forget about cultivating towards immortality, she wouldn’t even be able to save her dad.

 

It was irrational, however she wanted to climb these chains!

 

Perhaps it wouldn’t help her cultivation, and perhaps it was a waste of time, but she decided. 

 

‘I’ll climb all the way up!’

 

Letting a scream, she began to move again. One crawl at a time, she slowly ascended the chain. The higher she went the steeper it got, causing her to consume more energy.

 

“This is a little impossible….” She looked downwards. All she saw were clouds due to their height. 

 

“You can do it Fake Loli! Luilin Li!” Hearing a cheer, she turned around to see Xiao Yuejue eating a pill. Even a Spirit Master near completion would run out of qi from staying in the air for too long.

 

Liulin Li caught her breath and continued to climb, and when the day was long over, and around early in the morning, she finally reached the ends of the chain, the part where it coiled around the mountain.

 

“I did it!” She laughed and celebrated for a bit.

 

‘But there’s still a long way up…’

 

Xiao Yuejue flew next to Liulin Li and sat down next to her. “I need a break.”

 

“En. But taking a break here is a little too much….” They were still on a cliff. 

 

Our loli turned around and started scaling the mountains before going behind a tree. Afterwards, she closed her eyes and fell deeply asleep.

 

***

 

High in the air unbeknownst to the two, were 2 figures. One was on the slender side while long black hair flowed behind him, while another was burly, with his hands crossed in front of him.

 

They were the patriarch of the sect and the hallmaster of the disciplinary hall. 

 

“Hong, don’t you feel like your daughter has thrown away all your face today.” The elder with a fierce look on his face laughed heartily.

 

“Hmph, those you care about face are already dead, while those who are alive will probably die in a gutter somewhere the future.” Liulin Hong naturally didn’t care. 

 

“You know, climbing the chains is against the sect rules.”

 

“Mhm,” Liulin Hong naturally knows. But for his daughter’s sake, he was willing to take a hit.

 

“So, how will you compensate me.”

 

“Leitian, don’t you think your face has long been thrown out today as well.” Liulin Hong looked at the burly man. “Isn’t that your daughter next to her. Think about it, the daughter of the hall master encouraged a disciple to break the rules. Hahaha.”

 

“...” 

 

“That’s why, why not just punish them both. So, where do you want to send them?”

 

“...”

 

The burly man remained silent.

 

‘Daughter ahh, why are you so dumb… I lost my chance to gain free lunch from this stingy man….’ Xiao Leitian sighed in his heart.

89