19 – Liulin Hong’s Plan
1.5k 16 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liulin Hong had been feeling restless the entire day, he had no idea why, but his eyelids had been twitching while he had a bad premonition.

 

‘I need to see Xiao Li!’ In times like this, he felt only his cute daughter could calm him down!

 

Therefore, he excused himself from the internal selection matches. “Leitian, I’ll leave this to you!”

 

Xiao Leitian shrugged. In truth the patriarch was only here for formality's sake. There wasn’t much he needed to do. “Go ahead.”

 

Liulin Hong took out a flying sword and sped towards his home. 

 

When he arrived he felt his eyelids twitch. ‘Not good!’

 

Running into the cavern, he found a stranger along with her daughter!

 

“Who are-” Seeing the girl turn around, he wanted to curse. “Xiao Yuejue?” 

 

Unlike Liulin Li, he was able to recognize her, due to her being his daughter’s childhood friend. Although he didn’t pay much attention to her, he at least knew that she was in a disguise the entire time.

 

“Hehe, long time no see I guess?” Qiu Yunxi placed a hand over her mouth and laughed. Although she was actually a little nervous inside.

 

“Mhm.” It was indeed a long time. Nearly 3 years. 

 

He went over and sat on the couch. Liulin Li was currently standing in front of the table while peeling potatoes, her head was lowered, however her cheeks were rosy. Combined with the silly smile on her face, he had a feeling something happened.

 

But seeing that she didn’t suffer any harm, he sighed before placing a hand on his chin. 

 

Qiu Yunxi patted Liulin Li’s head. She felt like her hands had finally reached their goal. “I’ll take my leave.” She then bowed respectfully towards Liulin Hong, in fact a little too respectful, causing him to feel weird. 

 

He waved his hand. “No need to be too formal.”

 

“Nn,” Qiu Yunxi nodded before saying bye to Liulin Li, leaving the two in the cavern. Liulin Qian had gone to the city to turn in the potatoes leaving only a final batch for Liulin Li.

 

Liulin Li made her way over to the couch and plopped herself down next to him. She was still sporting a smile on her face.

 

Seeing her wave back and forth like a bean sprout, Liulin Hong patted her head. 

“Daughter, did something good happen?” 

 

She nodded and shook her head. She had no idea if she should tell her Dad or not. The two silently sat on the couch.

 

Liulin Li still felt like she was in the clouds. Unexpectedly, she had gained a dao companion, and it was with the big sister in her dreams! 

 

She unconsciously touched her lips. The soft feeling of Qiu Yunxi still seemed to linger on her.

 

Seeing her daughter’s movements, Liulin Hong knitted his brows. He had a feeling that his daughter had been stolen from him. 

 

“Xiao Li, did Xiao Yuejue do anything to do?”

 

Like a startled bunny, Liulin Li removed her hand from her lips and straightened her back. Afterwards, she nodded before shaking her head.

 

“...” Wasn’t that already saying she did? But seeing Liulin Li’s wasn’t reacting negatively, it seemed like she wasn’t unwilling. He sighed. 

 

He didn’t continue to ask what happened, since it involved her daughter’s privacy, and he felt like he needed a few more days to accept the truth. “I’m going to rest.” Since Liulin Qian wasn’t here, and since Qiu Yunxi already left, he didn’t feel safe to leave her alone in the cavern. However, he also didn't want to do anything, so he decided to laze around.

 

Liulin Li nodded and went off to cultivate, however she found out she was a little too excited and restless, therefore she gave up and returned to her room.

 

“Ahhh!” She screamed into her bear doll. “I’m not single anymore…. Also, I even k-kissed!”

 

***

 

Liulin Li’s days returned to normal after that large event. Only, there was now an addition of Qiu Yunxi inside her life. She would visit her cavern each day to the point where Liulin Li wondered if she was even cultivating. 

 

Without her knowing, the internal selection had ended and four members had been chosen to head off to the Quad Grave Mystic Realm in 10 days time. The reason they had to wait, was because this year, it was the Solitary Sword Sect that would send disciples over.

 

The two groups would combine and head off to the Scholarly Empire together.

 

Liulin Hong also spent his time inside the cavern. Or at least tried to. ‘I need a disciple!’ Was what he thought. He needed a successor to take over his position as Sect Master.

 

As for passing Liulin Li the position, he felt a little unwilling. It wasn’t that he thought she would run his sect down to the ground, but he wanted her to be free and unfettered.

 

Or perhaps he could pass the Sect Master position over to an elder of the sect. His first choice was naturally Zhou Xiu, while the second was Xiao Leitian.

“I need to hold a meeting for this.” Sitting on the table, he began to write down a letter to all of the elders in the sect that he would hold a meeting after the Solitary Sword Delegates leaves. “Right.”

 

He had almost forgotten, he needed to ask for Liulin Qian’s opinion as well. In fact, the person with the current most sway was his Ma.

 

When he finished, Liulin Hong went to get Liulin Qian’s agreement.

 

She waved his hand at him. “Xiao Hong, you’ve already grown up. No need to ask, just do as your heart tells you.”

 

“Mhm.” Getting her support, he felt like he had a confidence +1000% buff on him. Taking the scrolls he left the cavern. While he was at it, he was also enacting out another plan. “Xiao Yuejue!” He called out to Qiu Yunxi who was huddling with Liulin Li nearby. “Come out with me for a bit.”

70