35 – Spirit Practitioner Eight Stage
623 4 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After they cleared out the air inside, they then placed a boulder in front of the entrance and sealed the cavern, causing the place to appear dim.

 

Nie Xiaohui went over to a corner and began to dig out a pit before placing the Pagoda inside and covering it. Afterwards, she had the two go over and stand on the location, disappearing one at a time, with her going in last.

 

Liulin Li appeared inside a courtyard. It’s size was around the same as her old home, although the design was a lot different and full of herbs. The place was also filled with a rich spiritual aura.

 

‘...’ Nie Xiaohui really felt like she needed a cleanup.

 

However, this was good as well.

 

‘The place here has a 20 times the time acceleration.’

 

“So good?” She had hoped for 2x at most, and this exceeded her expectations by quite a bit.

 

Nie Xiaohui nodded. Although she was powerless, she still retained her lifespan. She could keep this going for all eternity.

 

‘Do not leave this courtyard, and all dao companion stuff must be done inside of your rooms.’ She pointed to a room on the side.

 

It was literally a box.

 

The area here had no surveillance. Which was why she told them to not step out of the courtyard. ‘Also, you can pluck all of the herbs. Of course, I recommend leaving some, since they provided the place with a nice amount of spiritual qi.’

 

The two nodded, and Qiu Yunxi began to work on tidying the fields, while Liulin Li went over to the boxed room.

 

After opening the door, she was met with an intense dusty and musty smell. 

 

‘....’ Nie Xiaohui teleported everything inside away. ‘As for furniture, you’ll need to make due with your own.’ 

 

“En.” Fortunately, she brought some stuff with her.

 

Going inside, she took out her bed, the rabbit doll and her drawer of clothes. It would be her room from now on.

 

When Liulin Li went back out, Nie Xiaohui flew onto her shoulders. ‘Disciple let’s begin on your first lesson. Concealing formation.’ 

 

Different from the dao diagram, the rune wouldn’t disappear until she dispersed it herself, or ran out of energy. Fortunately, the amount was minimal, otherwise, it wouldn’t be a fundamental rune.

 

“Isn’t this too good?”

 

Nie Xiaohui nodded and passed her a warning. ‘Make sure you don’t place it on your clothing, otherwise a disaster might happen.’

 

“En. I understand.”

 

If she placed it on her clothing, and someone peeks with their spiritual or divine sense, the clothing would become invisible, but not the cultivator themselves.

 

Of course, if they finish the rune, then they could also place it on their clothing and themselves, allowing them to be completely invisible to divine sense or spiritual sense.

 

Liulin Li sat cross legged out in the fields while her teacher showed her a rune. It was just as complicated as the Sword Goddess Divine Law.

 

Just like with the previous Soul Law, her only method was to stare at it. 

 

‘Patience.’ Nie Xiaohui’s voice sounded. ‘Calm your heart.’ She could feel Liulin Li was a little restless.

 

‘En.Teacher, can I tell Yuejue to come inside and look at it with me when she’s finished?’

 

‘....I’ll call her when she’s done.’

 

Liulin Li calmed down and looked at the Rune, until Nie Xiaohui woke her up. 

 

‘Yunxi!’ She called Qiu Yunxi. She had already finished pulling the herbs out. 

 

Qiu Yunxi patted her hands and came over, she then laid down besides Liulin Li and used her lap as a pillow. Afterwards, she sent all of her Soul Energy inside, and the two began to stare at the Diagram until Liulin Li became hungry.

 

“It’ll take me a week….” She took a fasting pill before going to an empty area to perform her Fire Dance. She didn’t release her flames, and absorbed everything.

 

Due to her increased Soul Energy, she was now able to do it at ease.

 

When she was done, she then resumed looking at the Concealing Rune.

 

***

 

One week later, inside of the Soul Pagoda, the two finally finished memorizing the Concealing Rune. She calculated, and not even a day had passed in the outside world.

 

She felt it was a little surreal. 

 

“Hehehe.” She giggled.

 

Qiu Yunxi who was next to her smiled. 

 

‘This is all for now.’ Nie Xiaohui didn’t have anything else to teach, and currently what was important to them was combat strength. ‘If you need anything, just call out Teacher Xiaohui, I need help!’ 

 

The two nodded.

 

Afterwards, they watched the bird teleport away, leaving the two alone.

 

“I’ll go cultivate my Spirit Cultivation.” Liulin Li already made a plan for herself. She wanted to go through another rebirth. Fortunately, the Ice Fire Dual Furnace Technique was a lot more efficient.

 

The two went into the room and sealed it before placing their hands together. It was the standard version. For once, Qiu Yunxi didn’t feel like playing around, although who knew how long that would last.

 

Her qi traveled into Liulin Li, running all over her meridians in a set route before exiting through her other hand.

 

‘Yuejue, how come it has to exit?’ While the two were inside of Liulin Li’s inner world, she was a little curious about the technique.

 

‘Probably for safety reasons. I feel like the technique won’t work if my qi doesn’t have an exit.’ 

 

While they conversed Idly, they began to cultivate until they became tired. 

 

Liulin Li’s life became a routine again, where she would practice her Fire Dance outside before resting and then swapping over to Dual Cultivating. 

 

Without them noticing, they had lost track of time, and Liulin Li’s cultivation broke through one layer after another.

 

***

 

Nearly two months later, or 3 days in the outside world, they were stopped by Nie Xiaohui. ‘Disciples, we’re going to the auction!’

 

Hearing Nie Xiaohui’s voice, the two exited their meditative state and went outside of their room. Liulin Li’s cultivation base had broken through to Spirit Practitioner 8th Stage, however, her Soul Cultivation had stagnated. 

 

Qiu Yunxi didn’t allow her to Soul Cultivate, and instead had her rest normally, otherwise she would collapse.

 

She stretched. “Do we still need to go?”

 

‘Of course!’ Although most of the items would probably be useless, there might be something useful. They wouldn’t know unless they went.

 

She teleported everyone out of the Pagoda and after retrieving it, the trio started to make their way back to the city. It was currently midday, and a few hours before the auction would start.

 

When they went to the entrance, they asked the guard about a pass. 

 

“As long as you have a Thousand Low Grade Spirit Stones, you can receive a pass for free.”

 

“Then, Uncle, I’ll like to sell.” She could sell some of the Qi Gathering Pills she had refined during her free time the past few months.

 

Although they were useless for her and Liulin Li due to their talent, they were useful for others under Spirit Master.

 

The guard nodded. He then knocked on the door in a fixed pattern, and before long, a staff member had come over. 

 

It was a lady wearing a qipao. She smiled and greeted the two. “This way.” She turned around and led the two over to a small room, and inside of it was the standard appraiser.

 

Qiu Yunxi took out a bunch of bottles. “Qi Gathering Pills.” In truth, she felt like she was losing out selling these pills, that was because they were made using Nirvanic Flames. However, it wasn’t like she could advertise it as well.

 

Although really small, it provided the person who consumed it a temporary boost in virtue. 

 

The man placed on a sterilized glove as well as a face mask before rolling out a pill.

 

He observed it. “The quality isn’t bad. The standard price for these is 10 Low Grade Spirit Stones for one.” He placed it back. “If the quality is all of the same.”

 

“Uncle, you can rest assured, each bottle has the same quality.”

 

He smiled. “Young Miss, did you refine all of these?”

 

“Of course.” Qiu Yunxi nodded. 

 

“Would you like to be our exclusive Alchemist?” Naturally, he wanted to recruit her into their Auction House. This was a complete treasure.

 

She shook her head. “No thanks, I still need to travel.”

 

He showed a wistful look. “Too bad.” He then began to calculate the rest of the pills.

 

“There are 10 bottles, with 10 pills each. The price will be exactly a Thousand Low Grade Spirit Stones. Of course, you can also offer to place it on a bid, if you do, the Auction House will take a 1 percent cut, and the price we drop down to 8 spirit stones for one.”

 

“No need to bid them.” 

 

The man then handed her 100 Low Grade Spirit Stones. “Young Miss, I’m assuming you are interested in tonight’s auction?”

 

“Nn.” Qiu Yunxi nodded. “I would like two passes. Do you need additional proof?”

 

The man nodded and after Liulin Li showed him 10 Medium Grade Spirit stones, he passed the two their tickets. “The guide outside will bring you over to the venue.”

 

When the two thanked him and exited the room, they were greeted with the same lady in a qipao. She led them to the main hall of the Auction, and the two went over to their respective seat numbers. 

 

They were located adjacent to each other, however, their seats were also separated a distance away. That was because cultivators didn’t really trust each other. 

 

Liulin Li went over to Qiu Yunxi’s seat and the two shared it, leaving hers empty.

 

The people in their surroundings smiled and shook their heads. 

 

They still had a bit before the auction would start, and people from all over began to come into the venue.

 

“Isn’t that Fast Blade Lin Yan?” 

 

Apparently some had made quite a name while traveling. Not only him, there was someone called Thousand Hands Mo Han. There were even some shameless ones like Panties Stealer Li Qing. Unfortunately, the man was really fast, and unless they were an Emperor, they were unlikely to catch him.

 

Some people definitely had their eyes on him.

 

Liulin Li felt he was actually quite bold to show up at an auction despite being so infamous. Of course, she didn’t really recognize him, but because of the rumours that surrounded him.

 

Whatever Panties Stealer Li Qong, it had nothing to do with her.

 

At first, Liulin Li was quite excited, however, she quickly became desensitized. Closing her eyes, she meditated until it was time for the auctions.

 

She was awoken by the sound of someone hitting a gong, and the curtains in front opened up, revealing a cute and delicate girl who was also wearing a Qipao. However, she was dressed more extravagant and charming.

 

“Welcome to our monthly Good Fortune Auction. I’m Xiao Bai, your host for today. Mm…” She placed a finger on her chin. “Since Bailing doesn’t have much to say, and I’m sure many of you have already been waiting for a long time, I’ll quickly begin the auction.”

 

Along with a bunch of clapping sounds, the first item appeared.

 

“This armor has no name, and its origin is unknown, however, the armor is able to block even the blow of an Emperor Powerhouse. The starting price is 1 high grade spirit stone. According to the seller, the price must go up by a minimum of 1 high grade spirit stone.”

 

“...”

 

Silence.

 

Liulin Li felt like the girl in front really had nerves of steel for being able to smile despite the pressure.

 

Not long after, someone had bidded 2 spirit stones, and the person after bid 3 and so forth. The price continued to raise until it reached 10 High Grade Spirit Stones.

 

Xiao Bailing chuckled. “Anyone else? Despite it being nameless, and despite its origin being unknown, we can guarantee that there are no tracking spells.”

 

“...”

 

“Last call!~” 

 

Seeing that no one was responding, she was about to slam the hammer down. Liulin Li felt her figure seemed a bit pitiful.

 

“Yuejue, being an auctioneer is quite hard.” 

 

“She’s acting.” Qiu Yunxi rolled her eyes. 

 

“En. I meant that they need to have good acting skills.” The two communicated using sound transmission.

 

“13!” Suddenly, someone shouted, it was Fast Blade Lin Yan.

 

Her eyes lit up. “13! Anyone else?”

 

“14!”

 

Liulin Li was a little speechless as the price rose up one final time before being settled at 15 High Grade Spirit Stones. The armor was sold to that person named Lin Yan.

 

The auction then continued, however, Liulin Li quickly got bored. She yawned before leaning against Qiu Yunxi before closing her eyes to take a nap. 

 

Without her noticing, the auction flew by. Qiu Yunxi didn’t fall asleep like Liulin Li, in case there was an item she wanted.

34