39 – Mystic Realm 2
666 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liulin Li felt the aura of the girl holding onto her spike. She had broken her seal for the first time in a while.

 

Qiu Yunxi quickly retreated. “Wife, Sword.”

 

Liulin Li passed her the Sword. Qiu Yunxi was covered in a white light and Flowing Frost was covered in a four colored glow.

 

The flying sword made a brake while skidding towards the side, dodging the incoming tentacle. 

 

Qiu Yunxi swung the sword downwards with all her strength as a glow silently traveled downwards in a straight line, severing the tentacle. It released a strange yellowly fluid.

 

Liulin Li covered her nose with her sleeves. The fluid had a bad smell to it.

 

Unaffected by the stench, Qiu Yunxi didn’t stop and continued to travel forward slicing the tentacle before it could regrow itself. 

 

Boom.

 

When she reached the entrance, she sent out a kick, breaking apart the flimsy wall, and from her as the center, frost spread apart, freezing all of the snakes in the process. 

 

They were currently in a snake pit, and like a drainage, there was a hole in the center, it was also where the tentacle came from.

 

Not just one, as a second and a third came out.

 

“Troublesome.” She flew over the hole and after reversing the grip of her sword, she stabbed downwards, releasing her qi mixed in sword intent.

 

Clang.

 

The impact caused sparks to form, revealing a set of earthen scales. 

 

Qiu Yunxi dodged the incoming tentacle and severed it, afterwards she released another stab.

 

Although a crack had formed, whatever was underneath was slithering and moving, causing her to be unable to hit the same place.

 

“Wife, hold on tightly.” 

 

Liulin Li did her best to hug onto Qiu Yunxi, freeing her other hand. She then sent a large wave of qi forward, freezing the entire hole and everything under it.

 

“Sss….” along with a hiss, the creature’s body froze, and the only thing that could move were its tentacles.

 

Despite them being cut, they would always grow back, and begin their assault on the two in the air.

 

Qiu Yunxi dodged and stabbed downwards, occasionally slicing the tentacles. Her stabs always landed on the same spot, and when the scale completely cracked, she sent another wave of qi,  blowing away the fragments.

 

Without needing her to say anything, Liulin Li released as much of her flames as possible. At the same time, Qiu Yunxi began to work on another scale.

 

The creature hissed in pain. Without the protection of its scales, the flames began to spread, burning its insides.

 

Perhaps because it felt threatened, or because of the extra heat, it began to thrash and struggle, releasing a strength it hadn’t displayed before.

 

The ice shattered and it moved to a new spot. The tentacles became even more violent.

 

Liulin Li continued to send her flames inside. If anything, she had a lot, so much that to empty everything, it had taken her a few hours.

 

When the last strand was released, the tentacles had grown weaker, and like the strings of a puppet being cut, they fell downwards, some landed on the floor of the snake pit, and some slid back into the hole.

 

When the flames died down, the snake was completely hollowed out, and the only thing left was the scales and tentacles.

 

Prinz and Nie Xiaohui had also made their way over. 

 

“Junior Sister, don’t come down without my signal.”

 

Prinz nodded.

 

Qiu Yunxi and Liulin Li both flew down. The creature was a snake that was buried in ashes. 

 

From its sides was a bunch of tentacles that were unmoving. 

 

“Junior Sister, it should be safe!” Qiu Yunxi called out to two on top.

 

Prinz jumped into the hole when she slipped. With a whimper, she plunged straight down, causing a splash of ashes.

 

As if drowning, the Mastiff flailed her paws and even spat out the ashes that had gotten in her mouth.

 

Liulin Li covered herself with her sleeve, she wanted to laugh.

 

Nie Xiaohui flapped her wings and flew over to Liulin Li’s shoulder.

 

“Teacher, what creature is this?” 

 

‘A Earth Element Snake that practiced a strange demonic technique. Perhaps it wasn’t intentional, and a work of coincidence.’

 

“I feel like I’ve been bumping into Demonic things lately…. First there was the cultivator in the inn, then the octopus, and now the snake.” Liulin Li then remembered the hand. “Maybe that was a demon too?”

 

Inside the ash, Prinz had stopped flailing about and started to go about the place in a doggy paddle. It was literally a pond of ashes. She felt it was kind of fun. The only problem was the cavern had a horrid stench.

 

‘We should find a way to leave. I already stored the beast cores away.’

 

“What about the Demonic Snake?” 

 

Nie Xiaohui shook her head. ‘It’s been shattered. Most likely the Demonic Technique had caused it to become fragile.’ She also took the chance to store the snake away as well. 

 

Liulin Li wasn’t going to search through the dead snake, and her flames were currently ineffective against the tentacles. 

 

She looked around. “That wall is different.” The shading and texture was different.

 

Qiu Yunxi sliced out a sword beam that cut into the wall. It cracked and yellow fluids spilled out from the crevices. A rich and concentrated stench filled the room.

 

“Yuck, I’ll try to burn it.”

 

Qiu Yunxi nodded and passed the Flowing Frost Sword back to her. 

 

Liulin Li sent out slash after slash of flame beams, cutting into the wall. Along with it were sizzling sounds.

 

Her flames were unable to spread, but at least the yellow liquid had been burnt.

 

Eventually, she hacked her way through the thick wall, exposing another tunnel behind it. Afterwards, she began to enlarge the hole, enough for them to fly over.

 

Of course, she made sure yellow juices weren’t dripping from the wall itself.

 

Prinz whined and was sent into the Pagoda. They then flew outside and Prinz was released again.

 

“Let’s go.”

 

They began to make their way through the tunnel while Prinz continued to bark. She didn’t like this place. The floor was slimy and it smelled….

 

The place was also creepy.

 

They entered a split road , and after choosing a random direction, they went further away from the room. Their footsteps sounded lighter and lighter, until the place had become silent.

 

Crunch.

Inside the strange wall, the place where Liulin Li had opened up a hole. From the side, a slender hand that was covered in yellow slime had poked out.

 

***

 

The gravity in the second floor was twice as heavy as the first, and unlike the first floor, they discovered that it was uneven. The second floor was a labyrinth just like the first, only the walls were rocky and slimy, and some parts led lower, while some parts led higher.

 

It was more like a natural cave instead.

 

The only monsters here were snakes, and the occasional stone beast. The strange thing was that the stone beasts would eat the snakes up.

 

“Next is probably going to be, bugs and insects… Fortunately there are no traps, otherwise this mystic realm would be a lot harder,” Liulin Li muttered while slicing a snake up. 

 

Qiu Yunxi chuckled. “Why would there be traps?” 

 

“Oh, It’s just this place reminds me of a dungeon…” She then realized, Qiu Yunxi probably didn’t know what she was talking about. “Yuejue, now that I think about it, I haven’t told you about my previous life. Do you want to learn?”

 

Qiu Yunxi nodded. They had nothing to do anyways, and she was curious as well. 

 

Afterwards…. Liulin Li felt a bit of a regret for mentioning it. That was because she was a complete potato. But since she already mentioned it, she felt like she couldn’t back down.

 

“Yuejue, do you think I can be considered lucky?”

 

“....” Qiu Yunxi didn’t know how to answer. If she said yes, it would probably come off in a bad way, and if she said no… that would definitely not do.

 

Liulin Li didn’t wait for her to answer and continued. “I can be considered quite lucky, but my Sister is even more luckier than me. Right, her name is Liulin Yun. Whenever she buys stocks, she would always earn big. In other words, we were pretty well off.”

 

“Sigh, I wonder if I’ll see her again.” If she calculated the time, her Sister would’ve long been dead. If a lifetime could take place in an instant, then wouldn’t a few months mean already over a 100 years had passed?

 

“If we can ascend, I’ll go search for her reincarnation, and secretly see if she’s doing okay.” Liulin Li decided. As for reuniting, it would depend on her circumstances. 

 

Qiu Yunxi held onto her hand. “Why can’t we. It isn’t like the world will end… at worse, we’ll find a place to hide and cultivate silently.”

 

Liulin Li nodded. “If only Dad had ran away…. I wouldn’t need to worry.” Fending off Shi Xiaolong after breaking through to Emperor? Laughable. Although her Grandma told her not to worry, and although she said he could only depend on himself, she was only running away from reality.

 

Who was Shi Xiaolong? He was the protagonist, and he had never lost a single time against someone on the same level as him. An emperor level Shi Xiaolong could probably take out 10 Liulin Hongs.

 

A better option would be to break through to Emperor Stage and then kidnap her dad and run away. 

 

“Opps…” She felt she was going off track. “Cough, when we were small, our parents had died in a car accident, leaving only me and Little Sis. Fortunately, we weren’t sent to an orphanage, and our Aunt had taken care of us.”

 

While chatting they explored the floors, and when she finally finished the entire story, the group decided to take a break. They had found a small room that was clean, and there was even a stone on the side. They could slide it over to seal the space.

 

Liulin Li sat on the ground. She decided to resume her Soul Cultivation. She had also devised a new plan. She would have Qiu Yunxi kidnap her Dad when they return.

 

She closed her eyes and started to practice her Soul Law. As for Qiu Yunxi she was watching Liulin Li from the sides.

 

***

 

After they took a few hours break, they resumed their travels.

 

In front of them was another cultivator. His shirt was currently off, exposing his well toned muscles, and he had a rugged appearance, while his hair was tied in a ponytail.

 

The group looked at each other, that was because they had bumped into each other in the tunnel. 

 

“I’ll retreat first. There’s a tunnel ahead, left or right.” 

 

Liulin Li took a coin and flipped it. “Right.”

 

He nodded and retreated, and after making it towards the tunnel, he made his way towards the left, allowing the group to pass through. Afterwards, he reentered the tunnel they were just at.

 

It was a normal occurrence inside here. They usually had no reason to bump heads with Liulin Li and Qiu Yunxi. 

22