Deal X Dragon
1.7k 3 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

' F*ck! What the fuck is going on? I'm just barely alive by the skin of my teeth and now I'm to serve someone I don't even know.'

The old man just stayed there smiling until Kaili finished his story and then spoke.

"Hmm, that was a good explanation. So how about we get going tomorrow? I have to collect some ingredients for my wine."

*Bang*

Kain slammed his fist on the table in anger as he breathed hard.

"You think you can do as you please? I think you don't know what you are up against. You think you can go against one of the 10 great mafia families and get away with it? I will destroy you and your whole family !"

"Is that so...

The situation got tense again , but a calm and determined voice stunned all of them.

"I'll go."

It was Caid with a look of determination on his face.

"Caid, what are you saying? Do you understand what is going on right now?"

' It's not like I have a choice now is there.'

"Yes I do, grandfather. 

Either I accept the conditions and become a 'slave' of the Long family, or I die."

"Heh, you clearly are smarter than your grandfather. Then it's decided , tomorrow I'll come to 'collect' you."

"No, I think you heard me wrong. I didn't say I would be coming with 'you' ,did I?"

The old man's face fell.

"So you choose death then. Stupid child that doesn't know the value of life. Fine then...

Caid shook his head and smiled.

"No, I'm not refusing either."

"What!" x3

"Kaili, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say that Nen is a very dangerous and mysterious thing. If that is so, then is it something like magic?"

"No young master Nen isn't magic. It is controlling the Aura that the body naturally produces and...

"Enough with the explanation. Tell me, can mother be healed if I learn this Nen thing?"

"Young master, don't....

"Hahaha, so that's what you meant. Sure kid, if you are able to learn Nen your mother can be healed from anything."

Caid's eyes shined and it seemed like he was happy to have heard the confirmation from the old man , but that was far from the truth.

' Yes, this is going according to my plan. If bring up the possibility of mother being able to recover then grandfather will let me leave without a scene. Although I then would be a 'slave' under the curse, there is still a way out in the form of a death based 'Hatsu'.

"Kaili, is this true?"

Kain was surprised at the sudden revelation.

"Master, Nen is a very complicated thing that.....

"Answer me. Is what he said true?"

"The recovery of young miss is not impossible, but the risk is very high."

"So, you're telling me that you knew all along and didn't tell me? You're saying that my daughter has remained a cripple.... because of you?

Answer me!"

"It's no use, she can't be healed with Nen or more exactly it is to dangerous. If it was possible I would have done it long ago and not let young miss as she is right now."

"Heee~

Care to explain that Mr butler? My interest is piqued once again."

The old man who had been silent to the side asked Kaili while lazily scratching his chin.

"You may not know master, but there are two ways of opening the Aura Nodes that let you able to learn Nen.

The first way is by gradually training to open them, and the second way is to have them forcibly opened by someone who already know Nen. The second way is dangerous because if the one who is opening the Aura Nodes has malicious intent towards the one who is having his Aura Nodes opened , the later will die."

"So, what does that have to do with anything? Are you saying that the one who may be able to heal my daughter may try to kill her. Is this what you're telling me?"

"No, that is not the reason. The real reason is that if she is healed  by a Nen ability there is a big possibility she might die."

"What...if she is healed she might die? How is that possible?"

"It's the curse.

 The use of Nen on a non Nen user, as weak and as neutral it may be, it will cause the Aura Nodes of that person to forcibly open. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but young miss can't learn Nen. As Aura is life energy and her Aura Nodes are open she will start  to leak her Aura , but she may not be able to contain the Aura as she can't learn about Nen from someone else and learning on her own will take to long. Because of that she will continually leak her Aura until her body completely shuts down and she dies.

The chances of her dying are no less than 80%."

After hearing that the angry Kain deflated just like a balloon and all his hopes were shattered. All he anger he had was now useless as he didn't have were to vent.

"Interesting, it seems that you have a vast knowledge of Nen. Well, I guess that should be normal as I guess you may have tried to break the curse and should have failed before giving up, hahaha.

So, kid , what is your answer? "

"I'll  come if you promise to heal my mother."

"Aaaa...

Are you deaf? Didn't you hear that Nen is too dangerous to heal her?"

"So, you're telling me that you expect me to serve someone someone who can't even do such simple thing. 

Guess I'll just die then."

The old man was surprised at the words of Caid and froze as is couldn't believe what happened.  He stayed that way until a booming laughter broke the silence that had enveloped the room.

"Ha...hahahahaaa...

Kid, you got some big balls I'll tell you that. Trying to negotiate with me in such a situation is crazy...but I like it. Fine, I Long Li ,promise you that if you agree to come with me I'll release your mother from the curse.

So, what do you say kid do we have a deal?"

"Yes, we have a deal."

42