Goodbye X Death
1.6k 3 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Is it over?"

"Yes, young master, it's over. The ceremony is over."

"Ugh...

'My head hurts like hell and my body feels like it's burning. Is this the side effects of the curse?'

"Kid, congratulations!"

The voice of the old man was heard making Caid's body flinch slightly and also bring him to his senses.

"Congratulations...?"

"Look at your hand. I think you will be surprised to 'see'."

'My hand...

Caid did as the old man said and his eyes widened in shock. His hand hadn't changed , but now he could clearly see something like white steam coming in out of it.

"This is...

"Aura, the life force that exists in every living beeing, form bug's to humans. All your Aura Nodes are now open allowing you to see your and others Aura."

Caid cleched his fist tightly. He had waited for this moment for ten years and now he had finally achieved his goal.

' So, this is Aura. Just the feeling of it  having fully awakened makes me feel like I could punch through anything. Although I know that this is just my imagination , my strength has clearly grown and I shouldn't have any problem reaching the 200th floor.'

"Enough with the daydreaming. Right now all your Aura Nodes have opened as a result of the ritual and you are leaking your Aura. You now have to control that Aura and stop it from leaking outward."

"Right....

So, how do I do that?"

Although Caid clearly had a good idea on how to execute Ten he still asked to avoid any suspicion and even maybe learn something that was not mentioned on the Anime.

"You have to control the Aura that is constantly leaking out and compress it into a thin layer that covers your whole body.That, is Ten ,one of the four Main Principles that you will soon learn ."

"Ten, one of the four Main Principles ?  So, does that mean that there are 3 more Main Principles and there are more principles after those four?"

"Hahahahah, what a sharp kid. You clearly must me a Conjurer ,or maybe even a Manipulator?"

*Babum Babum*

Caid's heart started beating fast as he heard the old man's word's. He didn't expect those words from the old man so he became nervous, but still maintained his facade.

"Conjurer, Manipulator? What are those, the other principles of Nen?"

"It doesn't matter to you right now what those are as you'll have enough time to learn. Right now you have to control your Aura as Ten is the most important step in learning Nen.

It shouldn't be that difficult to you."

Caid listened to what the old man was saying , but unfortunately didn't learn anything new, so he just decided to control his Aura.  He got up to his feet , closed his eyes and just stood there. He breathed in from his nose and out from this mouth in a regular manner, like he was sleeping on his feet.

......

Five minutes passed and Caid opened his eyes and looked at his hands again.

"So, this is Ten right?"

He asked as he saw that the Aura that was like white vapor before had now turned into a thin, transparent  layer that covered every part of his body. It felt to him like he was wearing a second skin.

"Yes, you clearly are using Ten right now, but don't get carried away. For Ten to be completely useful you have to manage to keep it up all the time, even in your sleep. Only then will you have mastered Ten."

"Yes, I understand."

Long Li observed Caid with a stoic face , but inside he was smiling.

' He is indeed a rare talent, maybe even 1:,1000,000 rare talent. He managed to open most of  his Aura Nodes on his own at age ten, and even managed to perform Ten in five minutes. If he is trained in Nen by someone who knows what they are doing he will become a monster in a couple of decades.

Fortunately, he is destined to serve the Long family.'

"Listen here kid. I'm leaving now, but I'll come back tomorrow to get you , so make sure you are ready. Also, now that the ceremony is over you should know that you are not a 'slave' of the Long family , but a servant/bodyguard so that means that from today onwards you are a part of the Long family also.

Well then, I hope you don't make me regret my decision."

With that the old man left , leaving Caid , Kaili and Kain in the same room.

......

"So....

Caid looked at his grandfather who was clearly angry and didn't know what to say. His grandfather also didn't know what to say in this situation.

"I'm going to tell mom that I will be leaving for a long time."

" Are you going to tell what has happened?"

"No, of course not. We definitely can't tell her the truth.  I will tell her that I have been accepted into a prestigious private school in another continent or something."

Kain noded his head in acknowledgement.

"Yes, that's the best way, but it needs some polishing. Don't worry about a thing, I'll handle it."

"Right.

Kaili, I have a question."

"What is it young master?"

Kaili who hasn't spoken a single word in the last ten minutes responded, and Caid clearly noticed a difference. As much as he tried to hide it, Caid could clearly notice the sorrow in his eyes.

"This curse, how does it work? I clearly did the ceremony , but I don't feel any different from before."

"The curse....is simple. It is activated when the ceremony you experienced is held. When the ceremony is over you can't betray and will serve the Long family ."

"Hmmm....

Does that mean that the green dragon is the curse?"

"Yes and no. The dragon is just a part of it. "

"A part of it?"

"You can see it like a contract between you and the Long family. The contract was written long ago , by the ancestors of the Long family and the Yalan family . With each generation , the members of the Yalan family are registered in there , but there is required only a new signature each generation."

"What happens when all the members of a generation die before one of them performs the ceremony?"

"I'm... not sure what you mean young master."

"I mean, what happens when all the members of a generation die before one of them performs the ceremony , but they still have left behind offsprings? Does the curse not effect the next generation?"

"I'm not sure, but I would guess that it will effect the generation as the contract is effective until the extinction of the Yalan bloodline."

"Is that so."

 " You have signed that contract so you must serve the Long family till you die and the green dragon you saw is the enforcer of the contract."

"Enforcer , as in he will kill me if go against the contract? "

"Yes , that is....

"I'm going....

Caid didn't hear anymore the explanation of Kaili and got out of the room in a hurry.

"Young master....

.....

As Caid walked quickly, a huge smile bloomed on his face.

"Hahahah, it seems that 'death' was the answer. This thing I'm sure that even the Long family didn't take into consideration. Sinning a contract with a dead person....

How utterly ridiculous."

42