Arrival 2
235 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a couple of long hours of flying and the boring blue sea, Caid finally saw some land on the distance. He immediately got up and tried to get a better look, but no less than one second later he heard something from the right.

'What the....

What he saw was not some of the numerous flying beasts that had tried to attack them before being destroyed by the old man, but two sleek fighter jets coming towards them. They were so fast that Caid didn't even have the time to notify the old man as they passed over the cloud with a deafening noise.

"Ughh....

Caid tried to close his ears, but he was to late. He was disoriented for a while, but the old man seemed to be fine as didn't even turn around to take a look. In fact he seemed kinda happy that the two jets passed over them.

"Haha, kid you seam to be having some trouble with your hearing?"

"WHAT? I didn't get what you said...." answered Caid as he was massaging his ears , trying to make them stop ringing. This made the old man burst into laughter.

"Hahahahaha......

"What is so funny, they are clearly fighter jets. Did we just break into the airspace of some country?" asked Caid as he tried to look for the jets again , but no matter how much he looked he didn't find anything.

"Relax kid." said the old man " Those certainly are fighter jets, but they won't he a problem for us anymore. I suspect that they should have already received their orders to leave us alone .Now sit down and.....I forgot...." suddenly said the old man with a serious face.

"What....

"I forgot to take that Nen artifact with me.  Well....I guess that I don't really need it, but I would have made a very good addition to my collection of weapons. Oh yeah, I also wanted to tell you to not forget about your laguage."

"My laguage? " frowned Caid as he thought about the destroyed airship. " I think that it will be easier if I bought new things when we land."

"Well, it was a shame about the artifact though. From the amount of Aura it was emitting it seemed like a pretty decent one." said the old man as brushed his mustache with a pleased look in his face.

"Artifact, what aaaaaaaaaaaaa.......

Caid didn't have time to finish his sentence as the cloud suddenly speed up and he fell in his ass.

"WHAT, I can't hear youuuu.....

............

After about a quarter of an hour they passed two big islands with ease as the fighter jets didn't show up again, and at the third island they finally started to descend. Along the descent Caid noticed a couple of small villages along the edge of the island and one medium sized city with a couple of skyscrapers all over the place, but they didn't head towards either of those places. They continued forward into a lush forest what seemed to go on forever.

"We will arrive at our destination in just a while, so get ready or something." 

"Yeah...." answered Caid, somewhat scared, somewhat excited, and somewhat annoyed at the old man. He just wanted to go over where he was and give a good ol slap to the back of his bald head, but that was just wishfull thinking. After he saw what the old man did to that snake he knew that he was a very strong Nen user, maybe even equal to a three star hunter.

' Hah, there is no use thinking about it for now. I just have to stay calm and make sure that the old man doesn't figure out that the curse didn't work,or rather it worked partially.' thought Caid as they headed towards a big mountain on the distance. The mountain was very tall and wide, snow covered it's peak although it was already the end of spring, but that was nothing in comparison to the shock he would recive in a couple of second's.

"Grrooooo....

Suddenly a loud vibrating sound came from above and Caid looked up to see something amazing. It was a long, green, serpent-like creature that slightly flapped it's short wings  while nosediving past them and into the forest.

"That's a dragon right?" asked Caid with a fed up face. 

"Yes, it's quite the pet. Some say that dogs are better, some say that cat's are better, but dragons are the best companions." answered the old man with a little excitement on his voice." That peculiar one is a female that was incubating her eggs before I was left. If she is up and flying now, it means that the eggs might have hatched."

"That so....

The answer made Caid think for a long while and he wanted to ask the old man about something, but he remembered a crucial rule that he learned from his grandfather so he decided to let it go. ' "If you hesitate to say something in the first place, it's better to not say it at all. Sometimes your instinct is better at rationalizing than you are."  

Well, it seems that this is one of those times.' thought Caid to himself.

After the initial shock of the dragon they finally reached the foot of the mountain, and Caid was surprised to discover that there was a small lake. It was about 1 km in diameter with crystal clear water , and about 20 meters after it there begun a stone path that ended in a big and tall mansion that was surrounded by a couple smaller ones. They were very colorful and built in a oriental style that made Caid think that maybe he had gone to a cultivation universe, but he knew he didn't.

' It seems that I have much to explore on this world, the known continents and even the Dark Continent at the end. Still, I need to learn to control my Aura, and even create a Hatsu before I even attempt to do any of these things.  I've still have a long way to go.' thought Caid as they finally landed on the ground and the cloud disappeared below their feet.

6