Episode 1 : Mt. Huwei
70 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The failure of the family of Feichl, that's what they called me. I am bad at everything including magic. My mother died while giving birth to me and when they found out that a weak baby like me took my mother's life, they despised me for it.

I always lowered my profile in the public because my family doesn't want anyone to know that there's a failure in a royal family of Feichl. I obeyed them and kept my profile low at school. No one knew who i am nor no one cared because i don't stand out at all.

I studied magic and despite having a knowledge at them, i don't have the magic power to activate them. A failure of my family, that's what i am. Why bother existing if everyone acts like i don't exist in the first place.

I had enough...

I don't want to be a failure anymore, i don't want them to treat me like i don't exist. I want them to know that Kai Feichl exist, i exist!

I have decided to train and go to Mt. Huwei.

Mt. Huwei is a devine place that disables black magic, in this place I'll be able to train without worrying about my safety. 

Even though Mt. Huwei disables black magic, no one dared to explore this place because those who have step a foot on this place, none of them came back. 

I may not be born with a talent for magic, i am born as a wise person. That's why i figured if this place is so dangerous and all that, why hasn't the Empire took an action to explore it.

There must be some reasons why those rumours exist. As i step my foot to the Mt. Huwei Entrance, i felt a soothing feeling then i saw a bird trapped on a branch, i quickly freed it.

I then continued my walk since my goal is to reach the top of the mountain where said to be the most holy place in this mountain.

After countless hours, i reached the top, luckily i found a boar and since im hungry, i planned to capture it so i could eat it. With my survival knowledge, i planted a trapped that a boar can't ignore. A comfortable nest but if the boar were to step on that nest, it will fall and die because there's a trap under it.

I grinned and patiently waited for the boar to take the bait but after an hour the boar seemed to ignore it. The boar is somehow intelligent despite being an low class animal. 

I opened my bag that i suffered to carry on this mountain and took out a sweet apple.

I stood up and the boar placed his attention towards me, i smiled and waved my hand that's holding the apple. The boar noticed it and desperately wanted it, i threw it on the trap and the boar rushed to catch it.

*Wooosh*

The boar successfully fell on the trap.

I smiled and took out the boars body. I then began to look for a place where to start a fire without causing the forest to burn, that's when i noticed a shrine placed at middle of the mountain.

After setting the woods, i started the fire and prepared the tools to cook the boars meat. I sliced the boar open and found out the boar wasn't a normal boar. It's a devine boar that i only saw on books. Devine Animals is said to be so rare. That's when i noticed that this place is filled with devine and unknown creatures. 

I placed my attention to the surroundings and felt something is off but since im hungry i prioritized eating first. I then took a bite on the meat and the taste is out of this world, nobles and royals would die to get this type of meat but somethings off and i couldn't point it out.

The place is awfully quiet, but then i noticed this big tree behind this shrine. i gazed at the top of the big tree and what i saw made me tremble in fear. I saw a big white snake resting on it's nest. My legs couldn't move and my hands were trembling, i had to force myself to move. One wrong move, this snake could kill me.

I slowly packed my things and put out the fire quietly but at the moment i thought i was going to live, a devine bear came out at the forest, i tried my best not to react and get it's attention. The bear was sniffing around the ashes of the fire. It must have reacted to the boar meat's scent.

As the bear continued to sniff around, i rushed under the big tree to hide. 

*blitzzz*

A noise made by a branch that the bear step on had woken up the white snake.

"Oh sh*t" I immediately tried my best on hiding my presense as soon as that snake woke up.

*woosh fissss*

The enormous snake had ate the bear whole, that's insane.

I hid myself quietly and then i felt that im missing something, i looked back at the camp near the shrine. I saw my pendant that my mother gave me when i was born. I treasured it so much so i slowly and quietly walk back to the camp to take back the pendant i lost.

I grabbed the pendant and saw my reflection on the water. Behind me was a snake starring at me, i immediately turned my back and fell into the ground. My heart was beating so fast and my whole body was shaking.

I don't want to die yet i said to myself, but is this how my life would end?! Being eaten by a snake?!! I knew my life would end sooner or later but i didn't imagine it to end this way.

*gulp and calm breathing*

"No, I can't let it end this way!" I stood up and said to myself that i must survived even if i lose my limbs, i must not give up! I have to prove that im not a failure! I can't give up here!

 As those thoughts of mine went on, a nostalgic light appeared right before my eyes.

It was a warm light that comforted me, it's like it's telling me to touch it, and out of my curiosity i touched it.

The light began to cover my body and my i felt like i have been freed from something heavy. "What's going on..." 

I looked at the snake and somehow the snake smiled at me and it also said something but my vision and hearing is slowly fading and i felt like i am about to lose consciousness.

"Ohoo that's interesting"

To be continued.

3