Prologue
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She was dying, finally dying. Liam watched the bladed queen as she walked toward her tomb. Watched was not the right way to put it, for he had no eyes. He saw her through the way mana flowed through and around her. Her mana was a steely white like the shine of a sword in the sun. He saw the whole world like this, even the tomb. It was huge; her tomb was at least the size of a castle, made from stone, enchanted with the best enchantments shown a bright purple, on the outside, it was in the shape of a keep/stronghold. But on the inside, it was much different., it was a grand hall, the likes of which were meant for a king, or in this case a queen. 

As Liam and the rest of the guards walk in with the queen, he examined everything he could in the hall. The walls were covered with carvings of battles and feasts, most of which Liam had been at. For the walls told the story of the queen and her deeds, both great and evil. There was one where she was killing a beloved king, and the next her feed his kingdom, well what was left of it. The floors were made from purple marble, taken from a now broken empire. Pillars trimmed with silver held the ceiling up. Inside this hall stood the greatest treasures the queendom could ever get, chest full of gold and gems, armaments made from the best metals, artifacts that could end cities, and books filled with the knowledge of magic from around the world. But this was all past by as they walked in silence toward the end of the hall. 

At the end of the hall stood a throne; it was the most valuable thing within this hall. Made of god's silver, it bent the light around it and seemed to warp the air around it. That is where the bladed queen would sit when she died, for she was dying, not from poison in her body or wound but a curse. It was slowly sapping her strength, magic, and time. 

So as she sat on her throne for the last it, Liam was thrilled; he would be free from at least her will. But his hope was soon dashed as she spoke. 

"My time has come, and my kingdom is falling as I speak." She sneered then, "They were all waiting for me to show weakness to strike. I hope they rot..." Her voice faded as she looks at her eleven guards, all blinded and silenced. She knew all of them hated her in one way or another, but they were bound by mana oath to follow every command she said. 

Smiling, she then said, " I have one more task for you, the Silenced Guard." Laughing at Laims and the other guards paling faces, "I want you to guard my tomb and throne. You will always come back to this place when it is invaded by anyone or anything. Oh, I just remembered, if anything is stolen, Liam would you be a dear and get it back for me." 

Nodding slowly to show my "willingness," the queen continued, "so this is where I will say goodbye to you all 'freeze.'"

Liam felt the cold before he started to freeze. It was like stepping out into a blizzard with no clothes on. He felt his body slowly shut down first; it was his hands and feet that turned to ice, then his arms and leg, finally his torso and head. As this was happening, the Bladed Queen sat on her throne and laughed. 

0