Chapter 33
740 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 33  

 ~Luna’s POV~ 

 Leon left sooner than I expected, when I opened my eyes, his warmth, my security wasn’t there anymore.   I would usually arise in his embrace, his nice, comforting embrace. Our smiles and still half asleep eyes seemed to bring both of us happiness. Once out of bed we would get dressed.   Over the month’s time I have been here, the subtle shyness and curiosity that would usually flutter around the room during this time of day, became a romantic and joyful encounter.  But now that he was gone, the only thing that seemed to fill the room, was a saddened, longing for what was once there.   He probably left early that same morning, or maybe he left during the night. I didn’t know. 

 ——-

  I sat up in the bed, my body somehow cleaned, yet still n.a.k.e.d. I pushed the stained covers off to the side and dangled my legs over the side of the bed.   I felt weak for some reason, though It must’ve been from what happened the night before. My legs wobbled for a second and gave out.   My legs fell to the floor, I was on my knees at this point. I still had one hand on the bed, though I just couldn’t get myself to move.   I heard footsteps coming at the door, then a knock. They opened the door, though it was just Thomas.   Thomas is quite an experienced butler. I looked at him, he looked at me with a somewhat dim worried face. “Miss Luna!”  He darted over toward me, helping me to the bed. He grabbed some of the covers, draping them over me, giving me some cover. “Are you alright, what happened?”  I tried to calm him down from the somewhat worried state he was in.  “I’m fine Thomas, my legs, they’re just weak at the moment.” I gave him a light-hearted, easing smile.    “That damn demon lord can be so obtuse. He left you right after..”  I looked down with a gloomy expression, his old eyes must have noticed and stopped his ongoing sentence.  “Well, you're in no condition to walk at the moment. You just lie down for today, I’ll go prepare your breakfast.”  He walked and fetched a nightgown for me.  I sat back, the covers were back where they were before, my head lying softly on a pillow. My eyes followed Thomas as he walked to the door. Right before he shut it I uttered softly,   “Thank you.”  He turned, doing a slight bow as usual, and also uttered,  “Of course, Miss Luna.”  Once he finally closed the door, I closed my eyes. All I could conjure in my mind were moments that happened just the night before.   I could still feel his gentle warmth, his deep embrace. 

  ————

  I little time passed by, it was still morning, a knock was made, and I allowed the person entry.   It was Thomas, this time with a tray of food he prepared. I sat up and he placed the standing tray in front of me. He lifted the top that was covering the food, then went to fluffing the pillow behind me.   Looking down, I could tell it was thoughtfully prepared. A light oatmeal bowl with some fruits, blackberries, and strawberries, on one side. A glass of orange juice and milk was on one side of the tray. While a lightly buttered piece of toast was on the other.   He turned towards me. “Enjoy, Miss Luna, please call if you need anything else.”  “Um, when might Master come back?”  “Oh, I’m not entirely sure Miss.”  I looked at him with an easy, thankful expression. “Oh. Okay.. Thank you.”  

-to be continued 

I’m already at chapter 150 + so check out Tapas or MangaToon to read the rest for free.

7