Chapter 43
492 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 43: Escape  

Luna Left Mable alone in the hallway, the door the two just enter shut behind them.  They both bid each other farewell, though none of it was sad.  Luna walked toward her room in strides, though when she saw a potential witness she changed.  Once she made it her bedroom door, the head butler, Thomas greeted her.  He seemed to do so every time he made contact with her, though Luna did not respond.  As she had done with the other servants that saw her walk.  She faltered slightly, her face went dim and she acted as if she were about to faint.  “My lady, are you alright.” Thomas noticing his lady in distress helped up, into the room.  “I, I’m fine I’m just a little tired.” Luna went along with the ruse she set forth.  Thomas knew that Luna had come from a somewhat long walk and not knowing of her deceit he nudged her to bed.  “Well, let’s get you to bed, you need all the rest you can get. You’ll feel better afterward.”  It was barely evening, though during the time of year the days went dark early.  She layed down under the vast amount of covers and looked toward Thomas.  Her face seemed quite at peace in the bed.  “Thank you, for the help, I’ll go to sleep now.” Thomas walked off to the door, he looked back to the girl.  She grabbed hold of a pillow and shoved her face into it.  “Alright, my lady.”  She then said in a soft, sleepy voice. “Can you make it so I won’t be disturbed, I want. to...”  She stopped mid-sentence as if falling asleep. “Of course, my lady, have a good rest.”  Luna did not respond, Thomas had been fooled.  Luna was still awake though tired she stayed up, she waited till darkness came.  She then walked towards a nearby window and opened it.  She looked out, waiting for the coast to be clear.  She grabbed a hood and jumped out.  She landed in between the bushes and flowers, the fall wasn’t vast.  She got up, he tushie was a little hurt but she still persevered.  She ran clear to where she knew the stabbles were and grabbed hold of a horse.  The stable hand seemed to be off to the side, napping in some hay.  Lucky for Luna they didn’t finish clearing the horses of their saddles.  Luna put her foot in the hold and pulled herself on.  She took the reins, tapped the horse and sped off.  While still on the estate she stayed on the grass trying not to make much noise.  The thrill of the moment was exhilarating, though she kept that feeling bottled up.  She kept riding and riding, hours without end.  Once she made it to Ampool, the closest port city, she stopped.  The ride was tiresome, for both beings.  Luna felt sorry for the horse, she let him go free in a field just before entering the city.  

———- 

 (Luna’s POV) 

 ‘Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way all I have to do is figure out how to get there.’  I was walking through the city, the light from every window, candle, and torch seemed to reverberate all over.  

——— 

-to be continued  

6