Chapter 63
290 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 63: News

-Mable’s POV-

Walking down the hall, I stopped to look out the window.

This window is usually the one I look out of the glance at Jesse in his office.

We would usually share a glance at one another through the same window ever so often.

Though this time he wasn’t there, he seemed to be training.

He would usually do some noon or morning training every day or so.

I looked over the building and noticed the training grounds.

A sparring match seemed to be taking place.

Though from this distance I had to squint my eyes a little.

I could see Jesse pop up in view, moments after looking around the edges of the match.

He seemed to be observing, watching the fight.

Though a man, no Thomas seemed to run up to him suddenly, Jesse’s hand went up in the air, as a signal to stop the fight.

I couldn’t hear anything, but it seemed the news Thomas brought him was intriguing.

—————-

-Third Person POV-

Thomas was walking around the manor, he just got to the door, receiving some letters.

The letter would sometimes be for some of the staff, but mostly Leon.

Since he was the master of the estate as well as ruling Lord of the territory he received documents almost every day.

Though after Thomas’s fingers swapped through the stack, separating them justly.

He came across one to him, well to the manager of the estate.

Even though Leon was the Master of the estate, Thomas was in charge of its well being, its daily life.

Even though it wasn’t in Thomas’s job description to read Leon’s mail, Leon would often ask him to sort it out.

Important documents we're to be left on his desk, while threats as well as annoying news we're to be thrown away.

Though the other documents were varied Thomas after years of sorting mail for Leon knew by now what was important or not just by looking at the sender and or envelope.

The sender was from the palace, though it wasn’t clear who wrote it seemed to of importance.

Thomas opened the piece, just plucking off the royal seal formed from wax. He read the contents and his eyes widened.

He put his hand over his mouth and read once more reaffirming the information.

It was news for all territories under Demons Kinds control, of their new sovereign.

————-

‘Where the hell is Jesse.?! Where the hell is anyone in that matter, does anyone even work here.?!’

He was rushing down one of the many halls, came out the side of the main building striding his way to Jesse’s workplace.

Jesse was in charge of the Guard in the territory, with a single command he could spread information like wildfire, though with that same power he could also quiet a rumor just as quickly.

“Clash, clash, yay, go Josh.”

It seemed a crowd of guards and staff were watching.

“Keep going.!”

Thomas heard the sounds for the training area and went at the same pace to the location.

He noticed Jesse analyzing a sparring matching taking place and rushed to him.

“Clash.”

“Keep your eye on your opponent Sax, anticipate his next attack. How many times do I.?..”

“Jesse, Jesse, I need to speak with you, immediately.”

He turned towards the voice he heard, Thomas showed a flushed face, with a kind smile.

“What’s the issue.?”

“I just received word from the capital...”

Jesse’s hand flew in the air, the sparring match halted the crowd around did the same, it went quiet.

“It’s about Leon... ha(Heavy breathing)”

“What, what happened, tell me.!?”

His face showed concern.

“He defeated the Demon King in the competition.!”

“Wh, what did you just say.?”

His face looked astonished.

“He won, he’s the new Demon King, ruling over all the demons continent and its territories.”

Jesse’s face still remained astonished, with a bit of happiness.

His eyes moved from side to side as if making a plan in his mind.

They then darted towards Thomas.

His voice showed slight excitement and conviction as if he’s getting ready to tell someone good news.

“We need to tell everyone.!”

————-

-to be continued

4