Chapter 80
150 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 80: Welcome

-Luna’s POV-

People’s eyes stayed on us.

As we walked forward away from the ship, a group of guards met with us.

“Welcome your highness, we’re here to escort you back to your manor. We have a carriage waiting for you and your companion.”

They must have been stationed for us.

The people still around us parted on both sides for us to get through, the guards leading the way now.

They seemed to know who we, Leon was it seemed that once your status changes so does your public’s view of you.

Before people didn’t seem to show much concern, they must’ve known who he was but didn’t feel the need to concern themselves.

But now that he’s the most powerful person in the world, having enough power to wipe out the entire city without opposition.

He has become almost like a celebrity or just someone they want to earn the good side of.

Some bowed, some watched, others went about their business.

We continued walking, some vendors along the street walked over and offered free food.

Leon accepted some and gave it to me.

Once we made it to the carriage the crowd of people wanted to see their new ruler started to disperse.

Luna sat next to me and we were off.

The ride was quite dull, though just like Luna I tried to pass the time by having a nap or just getting lost in thought.

I nudged my head on hers and thought about the future we might have.

Then my attention started moving toward a romantic fantasy.

I thought of maybe actually doing that same fantasy here in the carriage. ( I had a whole chapter of his fantasy written up, but by leaving it out Leon would seem less sexually crazed, I also didn’t intend on having their escapades to be out of he range of vanilla but it just comes out more hardcore than romantic. I’m going to try making their romantic scenes more romantic and less intense.)

Once the town and manor came into view I knew it was too late, but it is always something we could do another time.

————

The servants were lined up waiting for there King to arrive.

Jesse and Thomas stood in the forefront, once I stepped out of the carriage, and escorted Luna out, they bowed and greeted us.

“Welcome your highness.”

I put my hand up and waved them into dismissal, when doing so Thomas came up towards us.

“I’m quite glad to see your back. You couldn’t imagine how much of a shock It was to hear you defeated the demon king.”

I smiled and spoke with a bit of a laugh.

“Well, it was a bit of a shock for me as well.”

“My lady I glad to see your back safe and sound, I was so worried when noticing your absence.”

He bowed again and spoke.

“I am sorry, we failed in keeping my lady here, we have no excuse for what happened.”

Luna tried consoling him.

“You shouldn’t apologize, I’m the one that left, it..”

“Luna..”

I put a stop to what Luna was doing and gestured with my eyes for Jesse to come closer.

“I gave you both an order, which you obviously didn’t handle to the best of your abilities but since she is unscathed and I’m in a good mood I’ll let it slide this once.”

“Thank you, your highness.”

They both bowed, I moved more toward Jesse.

He stood straight again, his eyes closed with one of those I got away with my life smiles.

“I’m so glad, I honestly thought today was going to be my last..”

Jesse opened his eyes to the surprise of my

fist flying at him.

Within a second Jesse was knocked to the ground.

Mable rushed to him, helping him up.

Luna looked up to me somewhat pleadingly.

“Leon, you said you were going to let it slide.”

I had a blank face, but she could tell I was mad.

“Your lucky she wasn’t hurt or I would have killed you. You’re my most valued knight and you couldn’t uphold one task.”

I told Thomas to watch over Luna and care for her as well as not allow her to leave.

I instructed Jesse to protect Luna and to not let her leave, and if she got hurt or were killed then I would have his head.

Jesse got up with the help of Mable, wiped the blood dripping from his nose, and bowed.

“I’m sorry I failed you, and I’m thankful for your generosity.”

“I’m the king now, in need of invaluable allies, I do hope you can be one of them, but if you want to be, you’ll have to step up and not disappoint.”

“Understood, your highness.”

“Good...“

“How about we go inside, we have quite a bit to catch up on.”

To be continued

(I made them have a more formal way of speaking, when first introducing them they were formal, but as the story got further along it went to informal which I didn’t plan to let that happen but it just did, so I just made it formal again. The characters like Jesse and Thomas have casual ways of speaking to Leon, but in the situation at hand using that same way of speaking wouldn’t be appropriate.)

Comment what you think.

1