Chapter 128
79 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 128: Leaving

-Noah’s POV-

The two of us spent much of the last few days reading and enjoying each other company.

We played games, talked about life, as well as discuss the topic of what her father allowed Eli.

I wondered how Eli would even go about choosing a future husband, or how she would do so in such little time.

Though she tended to change the subject when it was brought up, it was understandable.

Right now we sat by the cliff and were eating lunch.

She talked a lot, though I didn’t mind, I could listen to her drone on without any complaint.

Every once in a while I might speak or she might say something and we both laugh, her laugh was quite pleasing too, though not refined, quite quirky, but cute.

I laid back under the shade of a tree and could have fallen asleep.

It was that peaceful, she did the same and we sat there for a while before running off on another adventure.

It was close to sunset and we were walking to her room. We made it to the door and I spoke.

“It looks like we’ve made it to your destination, I hope you have a good evening.”

“Are you sure you're not going to come to dinner? I doubt father will care.”

“No, I. I think I’ve already made a fool of my self, I don’t want to cause any more trouble.”

“Shall we meet up tomorrow as usual.?”

“You don’t need to keep asking.. oh wait I forgot tomorrow we’re returning to Latis.”

“Oh.. well we can still see each other before you leave..”

“Yea..”

———

The king and queen stood and bowed to Leon and Luna they shared formal goodbyes and I spoke, bowing in much of the same fashion.

“I am sorry your highness, for disrespecting you..”

He seemed to reluctantly accept it and went to the carriage.

“Come on Eli..”

“Yes father, I’ll be there in a moment.”

“Thank you, Demon King, as well as you, my lady, for your hospitality..”

She bowed and spoke once more.

“And I’ll come back to see your cute little face again okay Rose.”

Rose smiled at her and watched her come toward me.

“Make sure you write me, Noah, I hope our week together was as enjoyable for you as it was for me..”

“Of course, I had an amazing time, come back and visit soon alright.”

She smiled, and kissed my cheek like before, looking me in the eyes before turning around promptly and walking into the carriage.

——

-Luna’s POV-

Leon’s grasped Rose from my hands and looked at her.

He made a few lovably funny faces at her and she smiled so cutely.

We started walking back up the steps to the manor and Noah stood there.

He didn’t move for a while, I don’t think he moved until the image of the carriage was out of view.

———

“What do you mean, mentor you..?”

“I want to learn how to become a lord of a piece of land. Allow me to shadow you in your work, help you out, teach me how to handle your duties.”

“Huh, honestly... Noah you can learn more from Butler Thomas, he helps me with my work, he knows the ends and outs, if you need a mentor, he’d be the one to choose.”

“Thomas already has a lot on his plate as is, mentoring me will only tire him more.”

“Why do you even want..? oh I see you want to prove yourself, but not to me.. Fine, but I won’t mentor you, yet. Your smart, so you can probably figure out things on your own. A few of the Demon Continents territories are vacant of demon lords. I’ll choose a territory for you and I want you to bring me a plan of what’s the best way to use the land, help the people, and why you might be the best choice to run it. If I see that your plans for it are sound I’ll help you gain power there and implement such methods you came up with. That’s the only way I could help you.”

“What’s the piece of land.?”

Leon pulled out and map which showed the demon continent with all the borders of each territory.

His finger moved to territory by the sea.

——-

To be continued

2