Chapter 178
32 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 178: Hugh’s Arc Part 6

Her arms grasped around my neck as she rested her head against my chest.

I could hear her tone revert to a dim state. I could feel the cold tears fall against my chest.

As she spoke, her shoulders scrunched, and her face rubbed against me.

Sylphy: “Don’t let me go, I don’t think I can take being hurt again.”

My hands slid around her sides and embraced her back.

Hugh: “You're going to be coming with me, so you don’t need to worry about anything. I was planning on killing your fiance if you were hurt. However, I think we should just return to the empire as quickly as possible. Of course, these shackle marks will cost him a few limbs.”

Her grip tightened, and I heard a sniffle.

Sylphy: “Please, don’t mention him, him and those other High Elves, they, they.”

I rubbed my head against hers.

Hugh: “He told me everything, so you don’t need to mention it.”

A slight quiver in her body made me kiss her shoulder.

Hugh: “Idiots, the whole lot of them, messing with the Demon King’s woman.”

Sylphy: “Haha, I guess I am your woman now...”

Hugh: “Ever since you accepted my proposal when I was young, I made it apparent that I was going to make you mine. Of course, I didn’t expect that to achieve my goal, I would have to invade the Elven Continent and come to this Human country.”

She picked her head up and looked at me from above.

Sylphy: “Was it worth it.?”

I smiled and hugged her tight.

With a confident voice, I answered.

Hugh: “You already know the answer. I love you, Sylphy.”

————-

Val: “I’m sure His Highness Hugh has already informed you of the absence of Demon Lords. Have you found any suitable replacements?”

Leon: “I have a few in mind. However, Hugh will have to agree. I wouldn’t want him to disagree on a replacement I’ve already set in place.”

Val: “I’m quite sure His Highness will agree as long as they are loyal and are good at governing the people.”

The meeting continued through the day and carried over for the next two. The individuals discussed everything that posed a problem to the empire. If they weren’t discussing possible solutions they were training.

Dinner time was an indicator for the discussion to halt for the day. However, this time it carried over.

After the third meeting ended, they went their separate ways.

Val walked down the hall toward his room. A sense of tiredness was starting to resonate from him. His hands reached the door and he opened it to a girl on his bed. Emilia sat waiting for him. She was looking at the papers that sat all over the bed, but once he came in she looked up with a smile. It seemed his face was something she enjoyed viewing.

Val: “I apologize, Princess, I must have stumbled into the wrong room. Please excuse me.”

He bowed but she got up quickly to stop his movements.

Emelia: “Wait, this is your room, I just let myself in. I’m sorry for intruding.”

She started walking his way.

Val: “Why might you be in my room so late, Princess.? I thought we...”

A sharp pain entered his head. His hand rubbed his eyes trying to survive it.

Her hands touched his face and she spoke with a concerned look. The vibrant violet-colored eyes looked dimmer than seen before.

Emelia: “Are you alright Sir Val.?”

Val: “I’m fine princess, I’m just a bit tired. Could you please retire from my room, so I can get some rest?”

Her arm went around his.

Emelia: “Sigh, alright, but let me help you to the bed at least.”

His body fell to the bed, his arms under a pillow. Though Emelia didn’t leave after that, she got on the bed. She climbed her way on top of his back and sat up looking down at the back of his head.

Her hands touched the muscular back. They slid softly down the spine till they reached his lower back.

Her thumbs dug into the muscle and moved to soften the tight back. She moved her palms up feeling for any knots or tension. Using her body weight she pushed down whenever she saw fit.

With a single motion on his back, a moan of relief came from the man below. He wouldn’t allow such contact in any other circumstance but his body didn’t want to move.

It felt amazing having this girl on top of him, her small hands working some magic on him. His eyes felt heavy and his mind went blank. He couldn’t speak out or wake from this amazing dream. Of course, he didn’t want to either.

Emelia's body fell to his. Her chest against his back her head between his shoulder blades. His warm back was quite peaceful to her. The smell from him was quite alluring as well. A deep aroma, hints of sweat, wood, and paper were subtle underneath a masculine-driven musk.

All she could think about was how good it felt to be there.

She looked to the side seeing the papers. Each had information about the empire. It seems he’s been working at night, even after meetings ended. Looking through books and theorizing what should come next.

In a soft timid tone, she spoke.

Emelia: “You don’t need to work so hard. I know you want to do your best, but remember to relax sometimes.”

A small and distant voice could be heard from the pillow.

Val: “I’ll remember that..”

She couldn’t help but smile with a wholesome glow about her.

Thoughts of how she was right in choosing him, appeared in her mind.

Her head rubbed against his back, and her hands grasped his shirt.

He wasn’t moving or showing signs of disapproval.

————

To be continued

2