Chapter 197
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 197: Drink

I walked my way back into the occupied garden scape. People mingled on, even though the main focus of the event had left for newly wedded bliss. I didn’t feel a desire to talk to anyone else after my conversation with the Princess ended in an argument. I saw a glass of champagne which was in abundance, and being served to everyone. I grasped it in hand and drank it without restraint.

Alcohol was only seen as a hindrance from my perspective. An indulgence that, if left unchecked, could form into an unwanted habit. Even with such thoughts about the beverage, I quickly put down another glass.

I looked around and noticed Princess Emelia leaving the garden, the sight of her made me feel worse inside. Another glass was seen as a form of solace.

The warm feeling and slight numbness that started appearing felt nice compared to my empty agitated inner soul. After a tray of drinks was emptied the feeling almost completely took over. Of course, I wasn’t out of it, a bit of a buzz was what was felt. I’m sure given a few minutes for it to digest I’d be quite drunk.

My hands were on the table, not out of dizziness or sickness, the thoughts of what just occurred caused me to rethink my action for a moment. Red came walking behind and wasn’t supportive of my actions.

Red: “Val, I’m glad to see you enjoying yourself but don’t you think you’ve had enough.?”

I raised my head, my hands still on the table and I sighed.

Val: “I’m fine, leave me be.”

Red: “Come on Val, what would Princess Emelia think of this.”

His hand gripped my shoulder, his expression was quite generic and had some concern.

Val: “I said leave me be.!”

A sudden outburst of emotions caused me to raise my voice with a growl of anger surrounding it.

———-

-Red’s POV-

As he yelled his thoughts, I witnessed a presence I’d never seen within Val before. Those eyes alone were something I’ve never seen anyone exhibits. Mana can envelop a person’s whole body and their eyes can glow, however, his eyes were simply flooded with violet mana. Not a trace resided on his body, just those eyes. The usual nice, refined, and established Val that was known to me for more than a year was not present in the person I saw.

After forming an intimidating impression he slowly turned his head back to the table and spoke afterward in a less forceful tone.

Val: “And don’t mention her to me again.”

I didn’t have any words, I was dumbfounded. What exactly was going on within him? Was it because I annoyed him? Was it because I mentioned the Princess?

I slowly stepped away and watched as he drank a few more and eventually left the party altogether with a slump in his body.

—————

-Emelia’s POV-

Emelia: ‘Stupid, why did you have to get yourself mixed up with him? Now he’s all you can think about.’

I stood in the forest near the greenhouses with my arms crossed. This was only after kicking a tree in anger for my naivety.

I held the tears in, I felt rejected and like a dummy for choosing a man whose rigidness was not easily conquerable. I walked up the trail to the celebration. I didn’t look around to see the guests or festivities, I just walked to the steps of the manor. My bed was where I stopped. My pillows were the only things I wanted to console me for the time being.

————

To be continued

2