Sisterly Love and Hate… But Mostly Hate
431 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Draconia, Axis Mundis, Capital City - 829ad (Earth Calendar)
 
Reikon leapt from the mezzanine gliding down, rather inelegantly, twitching this way and that and over correcting her wing positions. Reikon: "Whooaa..." she said shakily right before touching the floor below, skidding to a halt on all fours and ending up falling to her belly, "...Ha ha, that wasn't too bad!" she said to herself triumphantly. She didn't have long to enjoy her triumph as a voice from behind shouted to her,
Arisu: "Watch out!" It wasn't any real sort of warning, she had no time to react. A heavy weight landed on top of her, smashing her head and jaw into the floor, the weight rolling off of her.
Reikon: "Oww!..." rubbing her jaw line, "...what was that for?! You had the whole floor to aim floor and you decide to aim for me?!" she gestured to the lower, vast area that is entrance to their annex of the palace, the only objects in the large circular room that do any sort of restriction on the size being the 2 stair cases that lead up to the mezzanine they had just leapt from, some 20 feet above them. Arisu, her sister, was just pulling herself from the floor where she had landed after crashing on top of Reikon,
Arisu: "It's not my fault you landed where I was aiming for in the first place!..." she said too smugly. Reikon growled at her, knowing she had done it on purpose. "...Want to go again?" Arisu asked oh too confidently.
 
Reikon: "No way, bored of it... and you" Reikon stated turning to walk away.
Arisu: "Scared you'll lose I see." she taunted, Reikon stopped in her tracks.
Reikon: "Alright lets make it interesting..." Reikon said, pacing back over to her sister and stopped mere inches from her face, "...the one who gets the furthest is the winner, undisputed."
Arisu: "...And get's the loser's desserts for the whole week." she added.
Reikon: "What? that's not... fine... BUT no pushing, shoving or touching each other on the way down and where you land is where you stay until we both have landed." Reikon added also, knowing her sister will probably try and cheat.
Arisu: "Deal." she agreed and they both sprinted for the stair cases either side of the room and ended up reaching the mezzanine at the same time. They clambered up on to the decorative stone guard rail and perched on top.
Reikon: "Who's first?..." Arisu gestured back to her then off the mezzanine. Reikon rolled her eyes "...Fine, but if you land on me again, that's an instant forfeit!...", Arisu nodded that she understood. Reikon turned, wobbled and adjusted her balance on the rail, she had to get this right... She leapt as far out as she could, spreading her wings as she did. She glided down much more balanced this time and actually managed to, somewhat clumsily, land on her feet and remained stood up after a couple of paces. Smiling, she quickly walked the couple of paces back to where she actually landed, looking up at her sister "...HA!, good luck beating that!"
 
Arisu smiled and leapt off herself, she dropped a long way before opening her wings, first big error, second big error, she didn't open them at the same time, which put her somewhat out of control, she lost more height and therefore distance... but then came the cheating, she beat her wings a couple of times, which, although didn't gain any height, prolonged her flight just enough to be in with a chance. She landed, not as cleanly as Reikon, she stumbled and slid just past her patiently waiting sister and immediately sat bolt up right and with a huge grin.
Arisu: "Ha, I WIN!" Reikon shook her head,
Reikon: "No way, you cheated! You flapped your wings and you actually landed back there and only slid to where you are now, so that doesn't count!" Arisu smiling away still got up walking toward Reikon,
Arisu: "There was nothing in the rules that you yourself stated about 'gliding only'..." she said smugly "..and technically, I did gracefully 'glide' at the end there..." now up in Reikon's face, smile still increasing at the same rate as Reikon's obvious annoyance, "... Better luck next time." she said walking past a stewing Reikon, being sure to give a deliberate slap around her face with her tail as she passed. That was it, Reikon's patience had gone, her temper snapped and her Draconic eyes narrowed to slits. She grabbed a hold her sister's tail before it got out of reach and yanked hard. There was a small yelp from her sister as she fell to the floor and was dragged backwards, clearly not expecting the retaliation. She twisted over to see her primal raged sister snarling at her, putting her arms up in defence as Reikon swung at her. In no time at all they were both punching, clawing and kicking each other, it was actually starting to get nasty, until a strong female voice boomed and echoed around the circular room.
 
Mother: "GIRLS!!!..." They both stopped mid brawl and looked to the the mezzanine "...WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?!, REIKON, GET OFF OF YOUR SISTER!" There mother barked at them. Reikon immediately did as she told, jumped off to one side a few feet away and sat to attention, head hung low. Their mother looking scornfully between both of them. Normally the very beautiful looking dragon, wearing the usual formal gown, which was a sort of mixture between a dress and a robe, mostly red and purple in colour, laced with gold material along the edges. She strode down the stairs closest to Arisu, who was only just pulling herself from the floor.
Mother: "Explain yourselves!" Reikon, who hadn't dared to move at all now looked to her mother, and started talking, but at the same time as Arisu, neither of them could be understood trying to shout over each other.
Mother: "ENOUGH! ONE... at a time... please." Their mother requested, holding both hands up to silence the two of them. Reikon was about to get her explanation in first, but clearly Arisu had the same idea and beat her to it.
 
Arisu: "She attacked me!"
Reikon: "She started it, she hit me first!" She stated, trying to defend herself.
Arisu: "I did not! I was trying to defend myself, she just went savage on me, look!" she said, holding up her arm that had three, very distinctive claw marks, deep enough to be causing her to drip blood on the pristine white floor. Mother shot a scowling look over to Reikon, Closed her eyes, inhaled deeply and exhaled a long breath.
Mother: "Why can't you two ever just get along?" Reikon looked back to the floor, head hung in shame, not so much as in shame of her sister, but more for disappointing her mother. Mother started walking over to Arisu and grabbed her arm to inspect the damage and tutted very audibly,
Mother: "Reikon! These are VERY deep..." she said, shaking her head, "...go to your room". Reikon's head shot up,
Reikon: "But, I..." she started but was very quickly silenced.
Mother: "GO TO YOUR ROOM!" Her mother barked now looking at her so that their eyes met, then Reikon's gaze met Arisu's who was now looking way overly too smug, despite her injury. Reikon's mouth hung open, wanting to try and finish defending herself, but the disappointment in her mother's eyes caused her own to well up with tears, she clamped her mouth shut and ran up the stairs furthest from her mother and sister. Now all but blinded by tears as she ran up the stairs, as she reached the landing she ran straight head first into a very solid, immovable object, her momentum knocking her breath out of her "Oof!" and causing her to fall back, nearly back down the stairs.
 
She wiped the tears away and looked up with a gasp. She had run into the armoured leg of an Honour Guard, revered warriors and protectors of the queen... her mother. They wore armour that covered most of body, leaving minimal skin on show underneath and the only part of the face visible are eyes, slits in the helmet for the wearer to be able to see out of and that was it. The back of the helmet, shoulders and even several locations down the back had fairly sizeable, backward and downward facing spikes and extravagant details etched into the armour elsewhere, all coloured the same as the queens gown, their weapon of choice, a fairly large curved blade on the end of a staff. All designed to make them look as menacing as the reputation that precedes them. And there were two of them there... the one she ran into merely cocked his head in confusion as to why the little girl dragon had just ran into his leg. The other looked over the edge of the mezzanine to the situation below and shouted down,
Honour Guard: "Is everything alright, my lady? We heard raised voices?" Reikon heard her mother's voice from below shout back in reply.
 
Mother: "Everything's fine, but I need a medical kit down here though soonest."
Honour Guard: "At once my lady." He replied with a nod. The request for a med kit had distracted the Guard Reikon had run into long enough to scoot around him, headed down the hall and into her room, slamming the double doors shut behind her, one at a time mind you, she wasn't big enough to be able to do both at the same time yet. She threw her self on her large bed and started clawing and snarling at all the recently made bed sheets animalistically. She bundled a bunch of it up buried her in it and roared a rather feeble and muffled roar into the bundle before allowing herself to fall onto her back onto the bed. She laid there for ages, staring up at the decorative ceiling, her eyes sore from crying, finally managed to pull herself from a day dream of replaying the recent event in her mind and turned her head to look out the window at the beautiful sunny day outside. She leapt up off the bed and opened the balcony doors and stepped out and pulled her self up to be able to see some of the ground below, too short to see what was directly below. She was about to give up, turn and walk away 'No...' she thought to herself, '...I am better than she is' She pulled herself up onto the railing and looked down, fear started taking hold as she looked down...
Reikon: "Ok, that's a lot higher up than the mezzanine." she told her self as she took in the probably 100ft or so drop below. She steadied herself, physically and mentally, closed her eyes and jumped.
8