Any Landing You Can Walk Away From…
208 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wrex awoke with a deep gasp of breath, blinded by daylight from suddenly opening his eyes, he couldn't move... Wait... No, he could move his left arm and head but the rest of him was pinned down, he took a few deep breaths before trying to free him self to no avail. 'ooo my cheek hurts' he thought to himself, the same right cheek he was hit in earlier... Well a lot of him hurt, a crash landing wasn't the most pleasurable things to endure.

He blinked a couple more times and his vision cleared and adjusted to the light and he looked down at himself to analyse his situation. He had a large section of wall resting on him, mostly his right side, as he laid on his back in a pile of rubble. He used his free arm to try and move the piece of wall to no effect, he looked around to see of any of his team were present to assist, but couldn't see anyone in the room of what looked liked someone's house... He was in enemy occupied territory, last thing he wanted to do was attract attention to himself by calling for help while he was stuck, he was on his own...

He put full effort again into lifting the wall, straining painfully as he did, it moved, just enough to get his other arm free and he dropped the wall again on himself. With two arms now free to lift it would make this easier, he pushed up again with a large pained groan and he got the wall high enough to slide himself out and dropping it again for the last time. He grunted as he strained getting to all fours, gave him self a shake to get the worst of the building dust off him before trying to stand upright. He winced and lost his balance as he put more weight on his right leg and had to steady himself on what remains of the near by wall that presumably he came through earlier, due to the large hole in it. He stretched out his leg under him, even as far as stretching out his three toes, trying to get his leg flexing comfortable enough to use, wincing again when bringing his leg up again he noticed. He gingerly put his foot back on the floor and gradually added weight, taking a couple of steps to push it to work, still painful though. He tapped his coms on his gauntlet.

Wrex: "Fury, come in Fury... Fury this is Wrex, respond... any Vanguard read me?..." He tapped the com controls again, "...Hmmm, must have damaged my gauntlet with that spectacular landing." he sarcastically stated. He had to get moving though, deciding best to drop back to all fours to make any progress.

Good thing he did, as the wall exploded above him, showering him and the room in debris.

Wrex: "Fuck!" he shouted leaping as best as he could across the room. He heard some voices from down stairs, not anyone he recognised,

Innie 1: "Hold fire!, we're inside already, we'll check it out!", he slid and hid behind the wall that ran along side the stairs and allowed the owner of the voice to pass.

Innie 2: "You sure you saw movement in here?"

Innie 1: "I saw him! I saw him fling out of that drop ship and bounce through that wall." There was some static filled chatter on their coms...

Innie 1: "What was that?" the first insurrectionist asked the other.

Innie 2: "Something about they've spotted others climbing out of the crashed ship... this one's gone anyway, let's go get the others" the second voice replied. 'Oh no you don't, you leave my family alone' Wrex thought to himself sliding closer to the edge of the wall, spying one of them, back turned, but couldn't see the other.

He took his chance, he leapt out, he flared his razor sharp tail blades and he spun around, taking out the closest one's ankle, completely separating foot from leg and causing him to crumple to the floor roaring in pain. Wrex spotted the other on the far side of the room aiming some kind of device directly at him, the end lit up blue and fired a blue glowing ball at him. Wrex barely side stepped the searing ball of plasma and it hit the wall a dozen feet behind him, showing debris and plasma around the point of impact. Wrex carried on bounding and leapt at the second Innie dragon before he could charge his weapon again knocking the scrappy looking thing flying from his grip and both of them crashing to the floor, Wrex growled and reared his head back slightly, the look of terror on the other dragon's face not causing him any waiver at all, he opened his jaw wide, much to the discomfort of the right side of his face and lunged forward, sinking his teeth deep into his throat... The insurrectionist could do nothing but writhe and wheeze in pain as Wrex tore at his throat. Wrex, finally getting what he wanted, a large chunk of meat ripped out from the neck, vast quantities of blood spraying at all angles and the innie gargling and drowning on his own blood.

Wrex slowly turned to the Innie he took out earlier, trying to stop the bleeding from the stump at the end of his leg, but was distracted by the horror he just witnessed of his compatriot being ripped apart. Wrex was sure to make sure the first Innie witnessed him spit the lump of flesh from his mouth and slowly approach him, albeit with a slight limp, in a menacing way on all fours. The Innie tried shuffling away in fear,

Innie 1: "You're crazy! You're fucking insane!" he started shouting.

Wrex: "No, I'm Vanguard." Wrex replied with blood dripping from his mouth still, his attack on the first only halted by the innie's coms on his bracelet blaring out.

Innie radio: "We've lost contact with team four, they were checking out the drop ship, teams seven, eight and twelve, move in on the drop ship, team three, Is that one taken care of? we heard a shot..." The voice on coms asked, Wrex paused looking at the bracelet,

Wrex: "Is that in reference to me?..." he asked the Innie, he nodded slowly in fear, whimpering slightly as he did. Wrex thought for a second, "...Tell them that you need back up asap."

Innie 2: "Why should I?, you'll kill me anyway!" Without hesitation, Wrex sunk the claws of one of his hands into the Innie's remaining good leg, causing him to scream again.

Wrex: "Do it!" Wrex barked at him, twisting his claws.

The Innie just screamed more... Wrex was bored now, he grabbed the Innie's wrist, activated the bracelet's communicator and shouted at it in a believable panicked voice,

Wrex: "There's all five of them here we need heed help now!" There was a small pause,

Innie radio: "Eer, roger that, teams seven, eight and twelve, move in to assist team three". Wrex snapped the bracelet from his wrist then crushing the remains in his hand, making it unusable and turned away toward the stairs.

Innie 2: "S..So... You're gonna let me go now?" The Innie asked, almost pleading as Wrex started to walk past him.

Wrex: "Oh, I didn't say anything of the sort my friend." and swung his open tail blades at his neck and before the innie even had a chance to scream, his head rolled along the floor away from the body...

__________________________________________________________

Star Light was being shook hard, she awoke from her unconscious state to see Clayne in front of her, tapping her on the side of her face.

Clayne: "...That's it, come on girl, come back to us". She grabbed her head trying to steady her self, 

Star Light: "Wha... Where are we? What happened?" Clayne shook his head,

Clayne: "Come on girl, get your head in the game, we were shot down remember, we need to go, now" She gasped as her last few moments before the crash returned to her, she looked around, Eishin was adjusting his helmet and Skylen was peering out through the now open rear hatch, now looking back to check on Star Light... But no Wrex, she looked over to the now completely stoved in cockpit...

Star Light: "Wrex! Where's Wrex?!" She said, unbuckling her harness with haste, eye's fixated on the cockpit, fearing the worst.

Skylen: "He's not there..." Skylen said calmly following her line of sight.

Star Light: "Where is he?! Is he alive?!" She shot back at him, he shrugged his shoulders.

Skylen: "I don't know, I saw he was hurled out of the canopy at the initial landing."

Star Light: "We're going to find him." she said pulling herself up and heading toward the rear door. Skylen shook his head and raised his arm to block her as she approached.

Skylen: "He's not the mission priority"

Star Light: "Fuck you! He's a priority to us, he's your brother for the gods sake!" She snapped at him.

Skylen: "I am captain, second in line to Wrex, in his absence I'm in charge." He growled back.

Eishin: "No!... he'd do the same for any of us!" He fired at Skylen.

Skylen: "No he wouldn't, we have our orders! He would follow them and order any of you to do the same!"

Star Light: "Fuck you Skylen! You only want to leave him because the "objective" is something that you consider more important to you, you wouldn't leave him behind otherwise!" Star Light spat at him and threw his arm out the way and walked past, Eishin followed and so did Clayne,

Clayne: "Sorry Skylen, looks like you're out numbered." he had to drop in at the end, Skylen snarled back.

They didn't make it far out of the ship before they heard a loud sizzle out of nowhere and a ball of plasma hit the tail of the ship above their heads, exploding and send shrapnel and searing plasma over their armour and sending them to the floor, Eishin screeched in pain. Star Light looked over to him as he shook on the floor, looking down at his own snout, part of his lip and nostril and been burnt clean away and leaving charred and smoking flesh underneath. She grabbed him by the shoulders and pulled him around to the side of the crashed ship, opposite side from the incoming fire, Clayne and Skylen followed.

Star Light: "You're ok! You're ok! Just a tiny burn..." she said trying to comfort him "...see to him..." She directed to Clayne he nodded and knelt down to him, pulling a basic med pack from a pouch on his lower back.

She tapped her gauntlet for coms,

Star Light: "Wrex come in over.... Wrex come in, what's your location?... Wrex?... Wrex please respond..." Clayne looked over his shoulder at her,

Clayne: "No use, tried that already, think his receiver is down, not getting anything fro-" He was cut off by a clang in front of his face, an Innie had crept over the top of the ship and gone for the kill, swiping his bladed tail straight for Clayne's face, prevented by Skylen's quick reactions with his own tail blades blocking the swing. Skylen leapt up and lunged at Innie rolling over the top of the ship with him out of sight, Star Light was about to help but had her own problems, another two Innies came running around the ship, one front and one behind... She tackled the one that came around the front while Clayne went for the one from behind.

There was scratching and snarling from all four of them as the went for each other. A random flick of a tail wiped out Clayne's legs and brought him to the floor and the Innie pounced on him, Clayne desperately trying to fight him off and get out from underneath him. He didn't need to fight much though after a few seconds of the scuffle the dragon on top arched his back and went stiff, mouth agape with no sound emitting and the body rolled off him, Eishin replacing the view in front of him, pained smile on his partially burnt face, removing his tail blades from the Innie's back. "Thanks" Clayne said, scurrying to his feet.

They both looked over and were about to help Star Light, but they needn't bother, they just caught her kicking her attacker away into the side of the drop ship, stunning him, then spun and rammed her tail blades into his chest, he choked for a couple of seconds, holding her tail, before coughing up blood and his head and arms fell, she withdrew her tail and his body slid and slumped beside the ship.

Star Light: "Phew..." She said, looking back at the two boys "...you alright?" She directed more at Eishin. He nodded

Eishin: "I'll be alright" he said, another pained grin, which quickly faded as the gap in his lip split more and he winced slightly.

A body of another mangled Innie landed between the group, startling them all.

Skylen: "You guys finished?" the voice said from above them, all three looked up to see Skylen looking rather relaxed, perched on the edge of the drop ship. At that moment the insurrectionist's coms around them sounded a message.

Innie radio: "We've lost contact with team four, they were checking out the dropship, teams seven, eight and twelve, move in on the drop ship, team three, Is that one taken care of? We heard a shot..."

Star Light: "We need to move." she said, eyes wide,

"Agreed" Eishin and Clayne said simultaneously, but as they turned to leave another voice appeared on the Innie's coms, one they recognised...

Wrex: "There's all five of them here we need heed help now!"

They all snapped back to look at each other "Wrex!" They all said simultaneously,

Clayne: "Son of a bitch is still alive!" he said excitedly.

Eishin: "But why would he call back up on himself?!" he asked confused.

Star Light: "To save us..." She stated, staring off into nothing "...to-", But she was cut off by Skylen.

Skylen: "...to draw them away from us..." He said nodding, they were all looking up to him now "...to be honest, as much as I hate you lot... It's what I'd do... So what are you all doing standing around for? Let's go get him" he said with a smile, pointing down the damage path left by their drop ship. They all smiled and leapt and bounded on all fours down the path of destruction their ship had left at full sprint, in search of their leader, their friend, their family.

5