Chapter 45
98 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since his mother had openly said this to Jacob, it was equivalent to letting Timothy know that the contract has been accepted and that Jacob would in fact be like a brother to him and his second in command in the future as long as the benefits outweighed the cost. At this moment, it seemed like neither party that was involved cared since Jacob's father could begin earning a wage and taking care of their family once again thanks to Timothy's assistance.

"Understood mother, do not worry, I am sure that I will be able to earn the gold back in the future. I just want my father to be okay again." Jacob said as several more tears ran down his face. It was a bit annoying to Timothy that Jacob seemed like a big cry baby, but then he remembered about his cultivation method and cut him a break.

"As for you Timothy, I expect that you will keep this a secret even from your parents. Even in passing, if someone knew that we were onto the Rock clan, it may lead to danger for not only us, but you as well since you were the one to help put this together." Jacob's mother explained to Timothy before making the two young men exit the house so that she could begin making proper preparations.

"I don't know how to thank you for all of this." Jacob told Timothy as they sat down outside. "My only question now since I am your second in command, is what will be next for us? With the tournament more than likely ended and remaining paused for a while, we can either continue focusing on cultivating, or pursuing something else."

"Jacob, since we are both cultivators and are working very diligently to reach immortality, it will be difficult for what I have planned. Before I explain my plans to you for our future, I need you to answer some questions. The first being, if there is anyone that you fully trust with your life, who may lack in cultivation, but who seems like they would make a good manager?" Timothy asked Jacob right away because if the two mainly focused on cultivating, they needed someone to run the actual business!

"There is someone I have in mind, her name is Erika and she is similar to you because she comes from a commoner background. However, her parents run a bookshop in our village and she has helped them with many of the daily tasks since she was even younger. Unfortunately, she is already fifteen years old so I am unsure how she would feel about joining two kids like us." Jacob replied after pondering over the question for a minute or so.

"Just leave the logistics of bringing her aboard to me. The second question is a rather long one. I need to know more about the different clans within Boulder Village, including their most prominent members and those who spend time with the Rock clan." Timothy told Jacob before continuing. "You do not need to do this right away, just try to think over these next few days."

"Now, onto the matter of what my plans now are. I do not feel like Boulder Village can be considered to be safe for either of us or our families. Between the demon beasts attacking two times in a short amount of time along with the fact that there is a strong possibility that the Rock clan is trying to suppress your own clan through very sneaky and evil type of tactics."

"You can either come with me or stay within Boulder Village to await my instructions, but I intend on making a visit to Mist City and putting my paperwork in with the official Bark Kingdom's embassy building located there so that the business I am trying to start will be an official one. The paperwork and cost is only five hundred gold pieces, but having our business as an official one will give us interesting perks."

Jacob continued to listen to Timothy as his eyes continued to grow brighter and brighter. He was not sure what he would say next concerning the type of business, but Jacob felt that Timothy had quite a bit of personal wealth so no matter what, at least they could begin the business on a high note!

"I intend on starting a merchant business, but growing it to be the most dominant merchant business in the world. I have different techniques I plan to use, but with it being a merchant company, we will be able to hire our own experts and if we reach a high enough cultivation stage, we will have an even bigger edge!" Timothy told Jacob and waited to hear his reaction.

"But Timothy, there are many powerful merchant companies that exist already. Maybe if we were to work hard, we could possibly compete with the locals in this region and eventually become number one, but isn't thinking that big going to hurt us in the long run?" Jacob asked still with a hint of excitement in his voice.

"You just need to leave the negotiating to me. I believe that between the both of us, we could take this world by storm and dominate it using both the income of the number one merchant company and our actual strength!" Timothy replied as he lifted his hands because he couldn't contain his excitement.

"Just remember Jacob, all I will ever need you to do, is to continue your training. I will only ask you to support my decisions when it comes to the merchant company as my brother, any personal matters can be discussed depending on where we are and what we are doing. Do I have you in my corner, brother?" Timothy held up his hand.

2