Chapter 52
67 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As they continued walking down the streets of Mist City, Timothy could not help but to notice the many eyes scanning him. However, whether it was out of respect or fear of George, there were no experts willing to fully examine his cultivation level. Even those who seemed rather well off just from the clothes they wore did the same.

"We are almost there, so just stay beside me so nothing bad happens to you. From my estimations, many of my rivals will be taking part in this auction as well but until my allies arrive, it will be rather difficult for me to suppress them alone. Since my clan is the top clan within the city, many others over the many centuries have tried to team up in order to pull us down." George explained to Timothy.

"But if I was scared of so many weaklings, I would not have been born in such a  domineering clan in the first place. They are just angry because no matter how hard their clans worked, not a single one has been consistent in having a Master stage cultivator in each generation. Sure here and there they have been able to, but my clan hails from the Frost Giants which allow us to have a particular constitution and an easier time as Energy Refinement cultivators. Unfortunately, none of my ancestors have had high affinity with both the wind and water elements, otherwise the ice techniques passed down would allow us to truly dominate over this entire kingdom!"

Hearing all of this from George made Timothy feel rather uneasy. Sure it was a good idea to take him as a friend, but just how many of the other clans within the city were against him? As a business owner now, in a way being able to deal with many different clients would allow many benefits compared to just one. He still felt that he had made the correct decision and in the future may try to go about it differently.

"Oh wow, so young master George of the Ice Mold clan! If you could, please follow me inside so that I can escort you to the VIP area. The auction will begin shortly so please follow closely." a female attendant standing right outside called over as she approached. There was a big group of attendants at the entrance of the Maroon Auction House and she just so happened to be one of the first ones to notice their group. Some of the other attendants ignored the opportunity, most likely because they were affiliated with his enemies in some way.

"Sounds good to us, please lead the way!" George told the female attendant as she led them inside of the building. Unlike those with smaller backgrounds, George and his group were let in right away instead of waiting in a line. This did not bother anyone, since every auction house would make a much larger profit of their business from dealing with just one VIP level individual compared to all of them combined.

Upon entering, Timothy could not help but to look around briefly to take in the scenery. Not only was the Maroon Auction House incredibly massive compared to some of the buildings next to it, but it was filled with many different things. There were countless female dancers and servers, while there was also a big stage and next to it another stage that looked to be a good stage for showcasing experts sparring.

As a young man, some of these things made Timothy feel slightly uncomfortable. But it was still a rather impressive scenery that he was excited to be around. As they continued walking, many experts who were seated on the ground floor near the stage looked over and saw their group and some discussions began. Those who were able to sit closest to the stage on the ground floor were capable experts that had no big affiliations while those who remained in line outside would sit more towards the back. Timothy would have liked to still meet some of these experts, but on the second floor would be countless VIP level individuals.

As they made their way up the stairs, loud chatter could be heard which surprised Timothy. Just how many people would be in the VIP area considering that the ground floor was almost completely packed in? Once they reached the top, Timothy was taken back quite a bit. There were at least two hundred individuals talking with one another on the floor with a large number of beautiful women serving them and dancing.

"Ah, Jack I was wondering if you would be taking part in this auction or not. I asked your mother and she was unsure if you were accompanying your master to the outside world once more." George lightly shouted as the group sat down. Hearing his name being called, someone that was around his and Timothy's age looked over and quickly made his way over without hesitating.

"My master actually had some more paperwork to do for the Relic Church so he chose to delay for another three days. But the place we will be heading over to once he finishes his work is said to have many treasures hidden within!" Jack replied to George as he sat down in one of the few empty seats next to the group. "You brought both of your uncles and a fresh face with you this time?" he asked with a somewhat puzzled look on his face.

"What can I say, I wanted to come alone but my father made my two uncles accompany me. It is annoying that the Bright Sun clan's young master is trying to suppress me so openly in public and so I guess he was afraid that I would bash him in retaliation. As for this fresh face as you put it, this here is Timothy. He does not have a big background, but he seems trustworthy and knows how to talk correctly to others." George told Jack as Jack and Timothy shook hands in a greeting manner.

3