Chapter 59
65 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The average dual cultivator within Mist City would reach the same level as him around the age of fifteen, which put him in the top ten percent. However, it was only Mist City, if he were to be compared to the rest of Bark Kingdom, he would be barely reaching the average. But to a school like the Holy Sword Institute, they still wanted the top students that were not associated with any major or noble clan.

This way, if any of them were to be of any use in the future to the Relic Church, it would be much easier for them to choose the Relic Church over their clans or family. This was also how the Relic Church became the most dominant force within the Bark Kingdom and even had some roots in other kingdoms as well!

"Then I must thank you and properly make up such an opportunity you are giving me now in the future." Timothy told Jack as the two continued to talk about the arrangements. Timothy needed to clone all of the new treasures in his possession and figure out a way to sell them quickly so that he could leave Mist City and head back to Boulder Village to further prepare.

From his estimations, his now personal wealth was no lower than twenty five thousand gold pieces, and that is if he just chose to sell the cloned versions of the treasures in his possession. If he were to sell everything and liquidate them into gold pieces, he could comfortably be sitting around just over forty thousand gold pieces since he still had roughly five thousand gold pieces on him right now.

Discussing things over with Jack, it was now decided that in one month which would be an entire month before the usual recruitment process of the Holy Sword Institute, Timothy would make his way over and give Jack's master a visit. This would give him enough time to make all of the preparations he needed to make within Boulder Village, while leaving some additional time for him to cultivate and fully develop the techniques Master Sei had given him to learn.

Normally speaking, schools liked to recruit younger cultivators who were under the Elementary level five. The reason was, by the time the average cultivator had reached such a level, they would have already begun building their foundations, which did not allow the schools to help them do it the way in which they wanted to. This did not mean that an independent cultivator was doomed, but it did mean that being one came with its own long term positives and negatives.

Suddenly, the presenter throughout the auction earlier made another appearance on the stage next to the martial arts platform. "Can I have everyone's attention please! For the first time in quite some time, we have two Master stage cultivators who not only want to do battle with one another, but who have decided to fight to the death!" hearing this announcement caused every single individual to pay closer attention to what was happening and completely pausing what they were doing.

"However, as requested, each individual would have to pay a total of two hundred gold pieces in order to witness such a rare opportunity. Do not worry, the gold pieces will not be given to our Maroon Auction House, but instead to the winner of the battle. So please make a decision in the next ten minutes, so that we do not have to delay such a historical event!" the presenter said before quickly heading off of the stage.

"The two cultivators must really hate one another. In a kingdom like our Bark Kingdom, such cultivators would be able to freely go anywhere and do anything they wished, including automatically receiving an invitation to rule over a smaller city or large village as its governor. For them to put such a nice future at risk, really does say a lot about their feelings for one another." George commented before taking out a pouch of six hundred gold pieces.

"Timothy, Jack, do not worry about it, I will cover your costs this time. Whenever you find a way to pay me back in the future, remember this." George told the two who were obviously much closer to him as friends compared to everyone else. However, even with his gesture, no one else at the table made any remarks as they casually withdrew their own pouches of gold pieces.

Eight minutes later, the majority of those who could not afford to remain and watch the battle were kindly escorted out of the building as those who remained began to actually head closer to where it would take place. Luckily, the Maroon Auction House had spent enough money on the barrier of the platform to where even a full on attack by a Master stage cultivator who was close to breaking through to the next stage would not break it.

"Alright, these two cultivators wish to remain anonymous, but they have at least been told to wear different masks on their heads so that you all could do some personal betting during the battle. Unfortunately, our Maroon Auction House will not be accepting any open bets on this battle, so if anyone wishes to make private bets, please take these last two minutes to do so." the presenter told everyone before exiting the stage once more and being replaced with a Master stage cultivator who would be the judge of the battle.

Two minutes went by and not a single person was willing to offend these experts by betting on their lives. What surprised Timothy the most about the two figures who had now appeared on the platform, was that he felt like a little ant in comparison. On the left, the cultivator was clearly an Energy Refinement expert due to the lightning sparks around his body. It was as if he was not even purposefully unleashing them.

2