Chapter 1
747 4 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 1

My name is Ivo, and I’m an average man under every aspect, almost invisible to normal people, living an average barely fulfilling life. I spent most of my life either at work or alone in my house playing games, which makes what happened today even more hilarious when I think about it in hindsight.

What I'm gonna describe right now is the last day of my life…

It all started as a normal boring day; woke up, ate breakfast, and got ready for work, the usual morning routine I was walking to work, which was close enough for me to not need a car, which was pretty much the only good thing I can say about my work. 

My work was a simple, boring desk job at an unimportant office, of course, it must have had some importance, but it had none to me, I could relate to nobody there and so I knew almost nobody there.

As I went about the road trying my best not to bump into people in the busy morning street, I got to the road crossing right before my workplace; I was very much sure the green light was on when I started crossing but then I heard the screeching of wheels and could barely attempt to jump back on the sidewalk before a car hit my side and made me blackout instantly.

What I felt after was nothingness; everything was black, I kinda expected to see “the light at the end of the tunnel” so to speak, or maybe my life flashing before my life, but there was nothing.

I could kinda hear the sounds of sirens, but I couldn't make out where from, straining myself I started hearing disjointed voices like I was about to regain consciousness, but at that point I see something, a flame, it approached so quick that I thought it was gonna hit me and turn me to ash, but it stopped right before me, I stared at it in my torpor, just happy there was something I could make sense of, to break the void and confusion that was around me.

The next thing I hear is a mischievous laugh and an androgynous voice saying: <Well, well, well, I guess my spell brought me to a body suitable for my vacation>, it sighed <But it had to be a human… Pity>

To which I could only muster enough eloquence to reply with a: <Wha?>

Which prompted another laugh from the fire and the voice answers <Oh don’t worry human, I’m about to change your life for the better…> it chuckled and continued <...you see, I really want a body and you are in no position to refuse, so I’ll just take it and make it my own, but in exchange, you’ll get mine, don’t worry, I’m very positive you’ll enjoy it, for how long? Depends on how smart you are, though I’m sure you’ll find a way to survive, humans always do...> 

As I am dumbfoundedly listening to the monologue of the flame I am suddenly struck by a sudden painful sensation as I start feeling the car hit and my body back, but as sudden as the feeling came it goes away as I notice the flame taking my shape and my body losing it.

<We don’t have any more time to talk I’m afraid but don’t worry. I’ll make good use of your pitiful human body.>

Just as she finished the sentence I was launched like a rock on a sling through the black void, for what seemed like hours there was nothing but blackness. 

And then, suddenly things started gaining color, many splotches of every color like an artist threw paint all over a canvas, I have to admit I like this colorful emptiness more than the dark void, as I was passing through all those colors everything went black again, and then I opened my eyes.

15